Sara's Baby Boy - Name ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
:mysmilie_348:

I wonder did I hear correctly as think I just caught Claire say that Sara has called her new baby boy Casper ?

:mysmilie_12:

I must admit, first thing I thought of was Casper the Friendly Ghost.. But then, im not really surprised by the style of name that Sara has chosen..
Off topic, but isn't JF known to some as Gasper? Lol :mysmilie_696:

Wonder if she or he will shorten it to Cas later in life, or maybe she's given him a middle name and he'll use that. Perhaps he'll like the unusualness of it, I can't imagine there'll be too many at school called Caspar unless Sara starts the Kylie syndrome.

It is an exceedingly posh name....and he may find several of the boys at his school have been given this name by mama and papa.:mysmilie_701:

I think it's quite a nice name, and I actually prefer the sound of it to Jasper. Maybe it will catch on...I remember my best mate's 16 yr old sister had a baby back in 1980, now that was shock enough, and then she called him Joshua!!!! Nobody was called Joshua back then, now it's in the top ten for boy's names!

It was always going to be in that grouping of names,wasn't it?

Tarquin,Tristram,Quentin,Crispin,Jonti,etc.

I don't think it's the worst name in the world,however he had better grow up good looking, as it will better able him to carry off this moniker,a la Caspar Van Dien.

I believe there was a secretary of defense(possibly under Reagan),who was named Caspar Weinburger,no oil painting lemme tell ya,however he was most likely very bright,so if Sarah's son has not been genetically blessed,in order tolerate the burden of his name,he had better hit the books!:mysmilie_17:

Wishin Mummy and son well,I like Sarah.:)

I'm glad she refrained from Balthazar which is the other one of the names of the magi that posh people seem to favour. I knew a Doberman called Balthazar and the poor dog was neither useful not ornamental. Claudia Schiffer's eldest is a Casper.

well I am sure I will be unpopular but I think its a bloomin awful name
poor kid
:mysmilie_61:
whats wrong with a normal name like Tom or Jack or Joe or Josh or Harry
each to their own I suppose but I dont like it
sorry its just my opinion!!

I had no idea that an unusual name constituted abnormality.

its just out of the ordinary I suppose
like I said each to their own
I dont personally like it thats all
it doesnt mean she cant choose it!
I think I am entitled to my opinion even if others dont agree with it,thats the beauty of a forum like this isnt it?!

Last edited:
well I am sure I will be unpopular but I think its a bloomin awful name
poor kid
:mysmilie_61:
whats wrong with a normal name like Tom or Jack or Joe or Josh or Harry
each to their own I suppose but I dont like it
sorry its just my opinion!!

She and her partner probably wanted something different. There's nothing wrong with names like Jack but I personally know of five Jacks under five! Most of the more unusual names sound strange when we first hear them but with names like Cypress, Fabia, Kingsley, Aisha, India, Fidel, Jonty and Daisy (all names of the children of people I know and all of whom go to ordinary state schools) in the classroom I'm sure there'll be no problem whatsoever. I like that some of the old names are coming around again and that new ones are coming into popularity. When I was at school we had four Kevins, three Pauls and two Marks!

Casper is more of a European name, I think - Peter Schmeichel's son is called Casper. But 'posh' people often go for these type of names - e.g. Rupert - you couldn't get away with that at a state school but it seems to be quite popular with Army officers, bankers etc.

You can often guess a person's age from their name - I went to school with several Traceys, Karens and Sharons and a lot of Stevens, Kevins and Davids. My teenage niece has 10 Jacks in her year at school !

Latest posts

Back