Ortak Sterling Silver

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

Beady Belle

Guest Shopper
Is it just me, or does anyone else think this range of silver jewellery is expensive? £89 for a silver and onyx ring, £139 for a bangle:eek:

Haven't seen it on tv so only going by the website supplied, it looks a little flimsy to me, I personally love silver and have paid quite heafty prices if it's been a piece I want but this range isn't doing it for me I'm afraid. :(

They just recapped the Ortak on the Colour Couture hour and the prices are high; that amethyst bracelet is more expensive than a 9K white gold one I got from TJC a while back.

I think Ortak is a fairly old established brand, long preceding TJC and Amazon - I think it's all hand made in Scotland by artisans from memory, and was always expensive for that reason. I'm surprised to hear they're on TJC now to be honest, wouldn't have thought that the two went terribly well together.

I must have missed something! I thought TJC manufactured their own jewellery - or at least that's what numerous presenters tell us "you can't buy this anywhere else as we design and make it ourselves". So why are they now selling a range manufactured by another company? What happened to "cutting out the middle men"??

I think Ortak is a fairly old established brand, long preceding TJC and Amazon - I think it's all hand made in Scotland by artisans from memory, and was always expensive for that reason. I'm surprised to hear they're on TJC now to be honest, wouldn't have thought that the two went terribly well together.

It was estalished in the late 60s and the manufacturing base is still here in Scotland. The have several Ortak shops around Scotland, one in Newcastle and Sheffield too.

Latest posts

Back