just had a whine to qvc about postage....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
I've just gone through my order history.

I'm surprised that I ordered about 10am yesterday L'Occitane handcream - and its still showing as "In Process" - and the cost of postage is £3.95.

I've just phoned to see if I can cancel it - and I've been told no as it could be loading on the van as we speak.

Conversation goes

Me - but it may not...........and for £3.95,I thought it should have been dispatched by now

QVc - dispatching can take up to 2 days and we do say 5-7 days for delivery

Me - but don't you think thats an awfully long time for such high postage

Qvc-not really - because p&p is not just postage - its handling and all that as well

Me - but I do all my shopping online - and thats disappointing when john lewis only charge me £2.50 and Marks and spencer not much more - and I normally recieve those orders the next day or very soon after

Qvc - well I don't know what to say.........we do say 5-7 working days for delivery....

Me - I agree - I'm just saying thats an awfully long time for such premium postage - I expect you to ship immediately for that rate

Qvc - we do have a facility for next day delivery if thats what you wanted

Me - No,I don't need it the next day - I'm just saying for that price,I expect you to be a quicker off the mark

Qvc - well we do mae all our pricing and delivery times very clear..........

And with that I decided I'd been polite and I would end up losing my rag............and clearly I wasn't getting through.............or she wasn't going to agree with me....................so I thanked her politely and ended the call

TBH,I've never agreed with qvcs postal rates - and when you shop elsewhere - you do realise how expensive they are...............but I've always thought they are on the screen very clearly - and its my choice to purchase.

However when you do purchase its disappointing when its still "In Process" over 24 hours later - and yet your right to cancel is taken away from you.

Although I have read here of people being a week "In Process":mysmilie_73:

Actually you do have the right to cancel the order within 7 days. It may still arrive but you can refuse to accept it. I think someone said on here it's the distance selling regulations? I don't know if you get the outward p&p back tho-hopefully someone can put me right on this for you.
I agree they are slow to dispatch sometimes. I was amazed how quickly my Martha stewart punches came last week and lots of people on facebook got their LE TSV within 3 days also. It is pretty hit and miss-and it's s*ds law with me that if I need something quickly ie gift or going on holiday, it will take days to dispatch and even longer to arrive.

I think we do have to accept that part of the high p&p is to compensate them for used returns. I don't know of any other company that allows you to use things for a month and still return them,and Iam sure this is heavily abused by some.

If I'd ordered on a Sunday I don't think I'd be too upset if it wasn't dispatched till Monday.

Yesterday I spotted the Elemis Oxy Night Cream £88 and postage of £4.95! Yes thats right a 50ml pot of cream, £4.95!

Yet some kits from L'Occitane and Laura Geller heavier more bits postage was under £4!

If I'd ordered on a Sunday I don't think I'd be too upset if it wasn't dispatched till Monday.

yes,maybe.Suppose qvc's postage just rattles me - and yes,its my desicion to buy - maybe that'll teach me in future to decide if I really want it or not.

Was just so shocked for that price,that things aren't send out within 24 hours.

I have read here before that maybe I could cancel under the distance regulations - but TBH,I'll probably just keep it - I did think about for xmas for my colleagues - so may well even keep it for that reason alone,considering it was beauty day price and easy pay.

I suppose I just trying to relieve myself of the gulit that I also purchased again last night:mysmilie_61:

I find the despatch processes varies - sometimes my goods are sent out a day later and other times there is a few days wait. Maybe some stuff is sent from QVC's warehouse and other goods are sent directly from the company who made them?

Still their delays are nothing compared to M&S who took 3 weeks to dispatch my goods (after me having to chase) and by the time they were ready to be shipped, half of the items I'd ordered were then out of stock :mysmilie_73: QVC rocks in comparison.

Qvc-not really - because p&p is not just postage - its handling and all that as well

If you buy something in a shop they have to employ somebody to stack the shelves and a shop assistant but they don't add on an extra 50p or whatever for handling.

I find the despatch processes varies - sometimes my goods are sent out a day later and other times there is a few days wait. Maybe some stuff is sent from QVC's warehouse and other goods are sent directly from the company who made them?

Still their delays are nothing compared to M&S who took 3 weeks to dispatch my goods (after me having to chase) and by the time they were ready to be shipped, half of the items I'd ordered were then out of stock :mysmilie_73: QVC rocks in comparison.

WOW PB - thats really bad from M&S.Have to say I've ordered regularly and have never had any probs.I did order some pj's for my godson for xmas amongst other things and they weren't in the box.i phoned them up and there was no argument or letters to fill out and I got replacement pj's the next day.

Its amazing how experiences differ - I've always recommended M&S to everyone.

Latest posts

Back