TSV's - In General

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shopping is fun

Alfa Lover
This may sound like a daft question, but how does QVC pick what is going to be the TSV. The reason I am asking is that when Aran Aromatics were on a couple of months ago a phone caller said it would be lovely if they had a TSV. AY replied that before they could have a TSV they would increase their appearances, then after a couple of years they could have a TSV. IMHO I think Ms Young is telling "porkies". I think when they first had Micro Plane that was given a TSV on its first appearance. I think the hair removal system NO NO Thermicon had a TSV on its first appearance. I think the caller put AY on the spot so she had to say something to try not to look an idiot!! Any thoughts??:mysmilie_698:

I believe it has more to do with the content of the TSV kit and whether the supplier is willing and able to meet/agree to a low price. Times are really hard for Arran Aromatics; they almost went into administration in DEC08 and saved at the last minute by an investor. They are still trying to stand on their own feet. It is difficult to pick up the manufacturing bill of vast stocks, when one is struggling.

Microplane has been on QVC US for awhile, so I think they decided to launch it here as a TSV knowing it would be a big hit. Which it was.

With AA they could not get enough stock for a TSV they would need at least 10,000 items . The brand was in trouble financially last year so can't see them being able to supply the big stock to QVC. Also AA is a small company, like Peckensniffs they have never had a TSV even being on QVC for years. And TKMaxx as well. AA always appeared on ferrys and a little stand in Debenhams etc.

Didn't AY always say the beauty TSVs are planned a good year ahead brand wise.

But then look at Bellepierre(sp), it was a total washout only one item appears on QVC for the brand now. It was rubbish.

Last edited:
I don't know much about tsv's other than what the presenters let slip.I get the impression theres a panel and everyone has to agree with it being a tsv.I also think the company involved has to get x amounts of stock - on a recent tiffany lamp show,they were showing a lamp and exclaiming that it very nearly made the tsv - but the stocks were not there,so it couldn't be.I don't know if the product has to be or contain some element of being exclusive at that time to qvc??

whatever they can make the biggest margin on, by screwing the supplier, and screwing us - whilst at the same time making out its a bargain. clever game.

I used to always check out what the tsv was, back when i was still in the honeymoon stage with QVC. Now, like an old married couple me and qvc know each other too well, there are no thrills and nice suprises anymore. It's all a bit predictable, time to take a lover?

i agree silversequin... but with the digital switchover QVC are getting more potential customers every day. there'll be plenty of new "fodder" for them.

Latest posts

Back