Sad franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thanks ever so much x
she has had an eye removed for a retinoblastoma and the outlook is very good,no chemo or radiotherapy but she has check ups every 6 months,so far so good !! she is 5 and she had the op at 14 months old,I still worry about her though.
now she is at school and doing great,she is a tough little girl,more so than the rest of us!!
hope your husband is ok,I know how you feel,lets hope things pick up this year eh!??
Jane x

OT, but just want to comment on your little niece, she is a fighter and she is on the way of recovery, great news! My 8yr old nephew was diagnosed with leukemia 3 yrs ago when he was 5, poor lad... he is doing well, in remission, but we have to wait another 2 rs to get the all clear. He has been a star all through the chemotherapy and went back to school 9 months after the diagnose.
If something horrible like this happens to peple close to you, you really know what life is all about and you -at least- try not to get annoyed about silly things.
Hugs to you and your niece!

Queenie, what a brave little girl your niece sounds and your little nephew too Tia! Good health is the most precious thing we could all wish for in life. I hope they both continue to do well and go on to make a full recovery.

thanks ever so much x
she has had an eye removed for a retinoblastoma and the outlook is very good,no chemo or radiotherapy but she has check ups every 6 months,so far so good !! she is 5 and she had the op at 14 months old,I still worry about her though.
now she is at school and doing great,she is a tough little girl,more so than the rest of us!!
hope your husband is ok,I know how you feel,lets hope things pick up this year eh!??
Jane x

Thanks for your reply Queenie, she must be a strong little cookie, I can understand you still worrying but keep your chin up love. I only worry about my husbands job as they have cut back so much and where he was a carpenter he now has to work in the factory and it's such hard work for him. He comes home exhausted every night and still has 7 years to go before he can retire. x

I'll hold my hand up and admit I've done my fair share of bitchiness in the past but it's getting too much. JF is on a shopping channel she can't stray outside certain subjects. She enjoys clothes and jewellery, she has a husband that spoils her, well good luck to her. It seems she, and Catherine Huntley and poor Claudia can't do any right and there's a lot of bitterness and envy against them. If it's not them, it's people like Lulu Guinness who have the cheek to be born into and inhabit a higher social strata.

They're doing a job, it ain't rocket science, leave them all alone for heavens sake and stop picking on every little nuance and comment.

Great post, mimi.

I completely agree and as for the bile directed at poor Anne Dawson I think it's terrible. They're only human and if they read these posts I think they could be really hurt.
I'm not whiter than white and will occasionally make a remark but hopefully never as venomous as some of the recent posts. I really don't understand it.
They're shopping telly presenters not mass murderers:mysmilie_73:

I completely agree and as for the bile directed at poor Anne Dawson I think it's terrible. They're only human and if they read these posts I think they could be really hurt.
I'm not whiter than white and will occasionally make a remark but hopefully never as venomous as some of the recent posts. I really don't understand it.

I wouldnt say this thread was venomous...we only said she was shallow and annoying
as for Anne Dawson I didnt even read that thread but I can see where you are com ing from Rozzy
I shouldnt worry about such trivia,I come on the forum for a chat and a laugh and certainly have that which is great ,takes us away from some of the things we all have to manage in our everyday lives

I agree too. I think AD should do something about her teeth and I'm not talking snow-white piano keys like many celebs and U.S. presenters, because they do look awful and off-putting when she is supposed to be selling us an aspirational lifestyle. I think the teasing about her size aimed at "I am a small" Julia, is fair because she invites it when she says things that are patently untrue. However, some of the threads are really malicious and others portray a disturbing amount of envy.

Thanks for your reply Queenie, she must be a strong little cookie, I can understand you still worrying but keep your chin up love. I only worry about my husbands job as they have cut back so much and where he was a carpenter he now has to work in the factory and it's such hard work for him. He comes home exhausted every night and still has 7 years to go before he can retire. x[/QUO
thanks ever so much x

OT, but just want to comment on your little niece, she is a fighter and she is on the way of recovery, great news! My 8yr old nephew was diagnosed with leukemia 3 yrs ago when he was 5, poor lad... he is doing well, in remission, but we have to wait another 2 rs to get the all clear. He has been a star all through the chemotherapy and went back to school 9 months after the diagnose.
If something horrible like this happens to peple close to you, you really know what life is all about and you -at least- try not to get annoyed about silly things.
Hugs to you and your niece!

thanks Tia,I hope that your nephew continues to do well
Its an eye opener isnt it when we face things like this
I am going to shut up moaning now and watch the olympic games coverage
Jane x

I really can't see what's to get annoyed with! It was a throw away remark that's fits in with her sales job and nicely illustrates that she's there to tempt us to buy goodies which will hopefully make us feel happy! Whether we get quite as joyful as her of a morning, is another matter!

Well said petpixie!

I agree too. I think AD should do something about her teeth and I'm not talking snow-white piano keys like many celebs and U.S. presenters, because they do look awful and off-putting when she is supposed to be selling us an aspirational lifestyle. I think the teasing about her size aimed at "I am a small" Julia, is fair because she invites it when she says things that are patently untrue. However, some of the threads are really malicious and others portray a disturbing amount of envy.

Very true, especially the 'envy' part. I am not their biggest fun (QVC presenters), but I admire the fact that they get up every day and go to work, despite their alleged good and privileged lives.

maybe some of us have more to worry or think about than what to wear each day or what jewellery to put on,I think thats what the original poster meant,as I did,it just comes across as shallow to me
its just my opinion it doesnt mean I am right !
I have worries about my husband still having a job next week and my 5 year old niece who is having her cancer follow up this Friday,thats real life to me!! and all I am trying to say I suppose is that there are more important things in life than choosing what to wear and what to wear with it!!

Wouldn't it be nice if the only thing that we had to worry about in the morning was what clothing and jewellery to wear instead of waking up and having all of your problems slam into your head after about 3 seconds. It would get very boring, very quickly but once in a while it would be a nice change.

thanks ever so much x
Jane x

Bless her little heart. Hope all goes well.

Awww what a liitle trooper your niece is, and so brave, I hope she and Tia's nephew continue to go from strength to strength of their road to recovery. xx

Wouldn't it be nice if the only thing that we had to worry about in the morning was what clothing and jewellery to wear instead of waking up and having all of your problems slam into your head after about 3 seconds. It would get very boring, very quickly but once in a while it would be a nice change.

yes it would !!
pity it doesnt work like that
thanks to all for the good wishes
hoping for great news on Friday,almost four years cancer free now for our Emily,she has coped marvellously and adapted so well,wish you could see how fab she is!!!!
now I really must get on...spent most of the day cleaning windows,making pancake batter now for tonight x

Bless JF, I like her. I know she is a bit shallow but she is obviously spoilt by her hubby and why not if they can afford it ? She comes out with some odd things but it's in all innocence, nothing she says is contrived for impact (IMO).

Linda :mysmilie_348:

Leave my Aunty Jill alone!!!!!!!

Hello everyone

I have kept this a secret for years but my real name is Spirulina and I am Jill Frank's niece.

I think you should all give Aunty Jill a break :mysmilie_865: - she is not the 'airhead' you describe her as and has to make many more decisions each day apart from which clothes and jewellery to wear!!

Choosing a bag from her vast collection can be a nightmare some days and then there is always which moisturiser/shower gel/body lotion to use too (she ponders over this last dilemma when she is on her daily 100 mile morning jog to save her time in the bathroom when she gets back)

And as for her figure being 'skeletal' I think you're all really mean and jealous - you'd be slating her if she put weight on and probably starting threads 'Is JF pregnant' - I know what you're all like :mysmilie_1979:

I'll hold my hand up and admit I've done my fair share of bitchiness in the past but it's getting too much. JF is on a shopping channel she can't stray outside certain subjects. She enjoys clothes and jewellery, she has a husband that spoils her, well good luck to her. It seems she, and Catherine Huntley and poor Claudia can't do any right and there's a lot of bitterness and envy against them. If it's not them, it's people like Lulu Guinness who have the cheek to be born into and inhabit a higher social strata.

They're doing a job, it ain't rocket science, leave them all alone for heavens sake and stop picking on every little nuance and comment.

Mimi, I couldn't agree more. I, like most others, do have my favourites and not-so-favourites and I'm sure I've had a bit of a grumble about them in the past, but the nastiness being levelled here at certain (most, in fact) presenters has gotten absolutely ridiculous. These people have to talk for hours on end sometimes about a handful of products, not all of which they will be completely enamoured with - in such a situation there really is only so much to be said for any given product and they do have guidelines to stick to, I'm sure. The Jill Franks show in question (as I believe - I didn't see it, so can only go on what's said on here) was a jewellery show - so it stands to reason that she would be talking about the nice feelings that come with choosing/wearing jewellery and the like - it's hardly the time or place for her to be giving everybody a lecture on charitable living or the meaning of the universe, or whatever other deep, meaningful topics people seem to be unreasonably wishing to be brought up on air.

They are only doing their jobs, and without them we'd all be in the dark about whatever it is they are presenting to us, and even though I do prefer some of them over others, I appreciate them all for what they do, it can't be easy.

I feel this place has become a bit of a joke recently, the bitching has gone too far and become too personal, it makes for some very uncomfortable reading and for that reason I do not spend very much time here anymore.

Latest posts

Back