Artscape Greece???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Artemis

I'm a Kitchen Aid Maid!
I don't like Artscape tops and wouldn't wear one but can't help noticing that they don't feature Greece. I wonder why that is? The nearest they get is one called "A Mediterranean Garden " which, as the name implies, could be anywhere in the Med. region. Just curious.......

Because one can go to a tourist shop and pick up a top with Greek landscape on for a couple of euros? Just a thought. :mysmilie_17:

Because one can go to a tourist shop and pick up a top with Greek landscape on for a couple of euros? Just a thought. :mysmilie_17:

I know what you mean, but the same could be said for Italy and France. I'm assuming Artscape think themselves a few steps above Tourist Tat, otherwise they would just open a souvenir shop. Merely idle curiosity on my part and would probably never have occurred to me if I didn't live here. Far fewer people visit the African Serengeti than visit Greece, but they have a Serengeti piece....curiouser and curiouser as Alice would say........:mysmilie_1605:

I don't like Artscape tops and wouldn't wear one but can't help noticing that they don't feature Greece. I wonder why that is? The nearest they get is one called "A Mediterranean Garden " which, as the name implies, could be anywhere in the Med. region. Just curious.......

Yes, it is strange that they haven't done a sequin trimmed parthenon t-shirt.

Well, exactly!:mysmilie_61: I feel almost indignant about it. Aren't our famous ruins good enough to be immortalised in stretch cotton.....

Obviously not!

They should do one of those very attractivce and flatteirng crinkle skirts with a Greek Island pattern. Lovely....would buy asap.

Last edited:
Well, exactly!:mysmilie_61: I feel almost indignant about it. Aren't our famous ruins good enough to be immortalised in stretch cotton.....

Have they been trying to avoid an association between the two? Mmmm... :mysmilie_697:

I was out shopping with my teenage daughter yesterday and these 'scape' prints are all in fashion...in fact she purchased (correction I purchased for her!)a Brooklyn scape T shirt and an Eiffel tower one..........the only difference being they are subtle colours and are not printed front and back or smoothered in sequins...........subtle and chic!:mysmilie_12:

I was out shopping with my teenage daughter yesterday and these 'scape' prints are all in fashion...in fact she purchased (correction I purchased for her!)a Brooklyn scape T shirt and an Eiffel tower one..........the only difference being they are subtle colours and are not printed front and back or smoothered in sequins...........subtle and chic!:mysmilie_12:

So artscape t-shirts (which I don't dislike really) are on trend and fashion forward then!! Glen will be pleased.

So artscape t-shirts (which I don't dislike really) are on trend and fashion forward then!! Glen will be pleased.

Not Artscape.....just T shirts with places on (no bling or bright colours though...muted)

:mysmilie_701::mysmilie_701::mysmilie_701::mysmilie_701:

You should be thankful, Artemis, the request is for a T-shirt and not a kaftan. :mysmilie_697:

I don't like Artscape t-shirts, but I'm curious about their skirts, they look pretty funky. I saw a pic of Carey Mulligan (some new starlet on the scene) in a very pretty little dress that featured sunbathers on the skirt... I know it sounds crazy, and it was certainly not everyone's cup of Retsina, but it makes me think that the Artscape genre isn't so far removed from 'fashion' at the moment.

Oh, and if I had a veranda, I'm sure I'd make sure it had a few strategically placed sequins, what a fab idea. As it is all I have is a dining room floor with strategically placed Cheerios...

Latest posts

Back