My 400 thread count duvet set

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ms_Sawyer

Registered Shopper
NN has arrived today, pretty quick delivery.

I promised i would post and say what it is like for the money.

Well- ITS FABULOUS. feels like silk, so soft so scrummy i want to go to bed now actually. Not tried it on the bed yet as i want to wash it first ( does anybody else do this ? ) Anyway just going by the look and feel i am so pleased with it.

The quality appears to be lovely, my son said it felt like silk, i told him no it's cotton, thank god at the moment they don't these in greys/blacks as he would want one.

Will let you know how it washes and feels etc asap. I bought the pale pink one. am over creams and white at moment. ;)

I love new Bedding but i must stop being tempted by NN.

Hi Ms S,

Which set did you buy?

I need new bedding and am sometimes tempted by NN and, as most folks on this forum know, I am very easily led into temptation!

So why haven't I succumbed?

First of all, the reviews on NN are mixed which makes me nervous about taking the plunge.

Secondly, why on earth don't they produce valences to match? The thought of trailing around the shops trying to find one puts me off.

Thirdly, two pillowcases are useless on a double bed as everyone I know has four pillows. Why give two pillowcases with a single bed and two with a double? Which mastermind worked that one out?

Sorry Ms S, I don't mean to lay this at your door. Just having a rant!!! LOL

Hi Ms S,

Which set did you buy?

I need new bedding and am sometimes tempted by NN and, as most folks on this forum know, I am very easily led into temptation!

So why haven't I succumbed?

First of all, the reviews on NN are mixed which makes me nervous about taking the plunge.

Secondly, why on earth don't they produce valences to match? The thought of trailing around the shops trying to find one puts me off.

Thirdly, two pillowcases are useless on a double bed as everyone I know has four pillows. Why give two pillowcases with a single bed and two with a double? Which mastermind worked that one out?

Sorry Ms S, I don't mean to lay this at your door. Just having a rant!!! LOL

First off ROFL@Mrs James I so wish lol.

Right Tilly.

This is one i bought. http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.828251/walk.yah.UKHG-U077

It does have 4 pillowcase but not a valance.

If you prefer a slighty cheaper one, i can recommend the Monte Carlo one also, i found this to be of surberb quality and love it so much, i went for the new set as i wanted to try 400 thread count. I can only recommend the monte carlo ( 350 thread count) for sleeping/washing and quality, as of yet have not tried the new 400 thread count one-will let you know when i do, but its feels fabulous and i can't wait to try it.

I find most of the higher threads counts are great, and the ones in the shops i bought online have not compared with the NN.

Hope this help. Just type in monte carlo duvet set if you need to look at this one as well as the top link i just gave you.

I just read one bad review on this, all the others says it is lovely. Yes it does crease apparently but most bedding does IMO.

Will give it whirl tonight, its on the line now :)

Oh Ms S,

Just had a look and it does look divine.

Look forward to hearing how it washes. I have an ironing press so ironing sheets and duvets is a doddle.

Thank you so much for feeding back your experiences to us all.

That set looks beautiful,Ms Sawyer,might put it on my wishlist especially if it appears on ez pays.
I received an NN set yesterday which I've had on Waitlist for months,it's a tsv from months ago,lovely Plum colour(more a dark dusky mauve) & it's already on my bed after been washed & dried (yes,I wash them too before use) :)

Oh Ms S I really want this now:rolleyes: but I don't need and shouldn't be spending the money (but when has that stopped me:D) - will be interested to see what you think of the creasing (I don't iron bedding and I wash first too) - one review said minimal creasing without ironing and another the opposite. I'm tempted with either the green or pink

NN Sateen Plain Dye

I purchased the pink one as well, and all I can say is, I would only ever buy 400 or more thread count now, it is soft, silky, sateen, fabulous against your skin, I would recommend this to any one,just wish they would do one in a pale mauve, but will be watching this space.

HELLO

I've got 4 sets of NN now and they are the best quality I've ever owned.

I hate ironing them though. They do press nicely (I've got a fancy steam generator - would hate to do it with a normal steam iron).

They say to wash them at 30 but I wash them at 40 twice each time with no problems. I like to make sure the bugs and mites are completely gone as I have terrible allergies.

I'd like to be able to wash them at 60 but I'm not sure how they'd cope.

Once you've had NN there isn't really any going back..

after these two posts I am wanting a set more and more :D but I am worried about the ironing, I only have a normal steam iron and I rarely use it! Will have to think on this............. :confused:

i would buy them if they are in black or grey also
in the past ive been tempted by the white but i dont think it would look right in my room

after these two posts I am wanting a set more and more :D but I am worried about the ironing, I only have a normal steam iron and I rarely use it! Will have to think on this............. :confused:

They are a pain to iron Mollie but the sheer delight getting into bed each night outweighs this.

Even my normally unenthusiastic husband raves about them so I would give them a go.

I love this set as well. I've washed at 60 and its not a problem - no shrinkage.

I do find they crease and I've only got a normal steam iron so do find it difficult to get them all out.

Love the feel of them.

My iron is gathering dust somewhere at the back of the cupboard :eek:

I just put the bedding straight back on the bed & put a bedspread over it if anyone but me will see it ;):D:cool:

Latest posts

Back