KVZ TSV Thursday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well its a big plastic bag with lots of heavy metal on it.

Read something interesting on the US QVC board the other week.

Seems KVZ,Bruce and the other brand they make are infact owned by a Chinese company sold some time ago. K and B do still design the stuff but that is it.

Have I missed any info on this?! :mysmilie_34:

Don't think so but you can bet your boots that it will be over-priced, cheap looking plastic. Can't believe the prices of these bags, however appealing some of them look (and some do look OK) I wouldn't pay what is often the best part of £100 for them. The sales are still on here in Italy (as I am sure they are in the UK) and I could walk to my local bag shop and easily find a fabulous leasther, designer bag for the same anount if not less.

Don't think so but you can bet your boots that it will be over-priced, cheap looking plastic. Can't believe the prices of these bags, however appealing some of them look (and some do look OK) I wouldn't pay what is often the best part of £100 for them. The sales are still on here in Italy (as I am sure they are in the UK) and I could walk to my local bag shop and easily find a fabulous leasther, designer bag for the same anount if not less.

Some of us are too concerned about animal welfare to wear a bag which has been produced by virtue of the animal being murdered for it's skin. A bag is an item which is an accessory of vanity and does not need to be in leather. Shoes can be difficullt to obtain in other materials sometimes, granted. But a bag? There are many alternative materials available. The moral viewpoint aside, I think KVZ bags are beautifully and pratically designed and well worth the money.

Mixed feelings about KVZ bags. I do think they are very overpriced. Not especially because of their non leatherness(!) but just in general. I don't have a particular view when it comes to leather bags/shoes, but leather isn't all from animals specifically slaughtered for their skin. Much leather is a by product of the meat industry. It's not quite the same as the fur industry in that respect.

Many of the bags aren't to my taste, but I'll admit to liking a few of them. I do own a KVZ bag, but it's made of a sort of thick woven material (quite Louis Vuittonish) and it seems very well made and has had a lot of use now. I've been tempted by a couple of the less brash bags in TKMaxx, but not sure I'd be willing to pay the prices QVC ask for them.

On the other hand, I detest the (IMO) mumsy, fabric Kipling bags with the ridiculous monkey. They seem crazily overpriced for what they are too. But I know many people adore them.

We're all different!

I'm sure it'll be another day of the presenters using that word that gets on my nerves every 5 mins "FAUX"!! :mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
I'm sure it'll be another day of the presenters using that word that gets on my nerves every 5 mins "FAUX"!! :mysmilie_17:

...and my own personal favourite 'fabrication...':mysmilie_697::mysmilie_73:

Some of us are too concerned about animal welfare to wear a bag which has been produced by virtue of the animal being murdered for it's skin. A bag is an item which is an accessory of vanity and does not need to be in leather. Shoes can be difficullt to obtain in other materials sometimes, granted. But a bag? There are many alternative materials available. The moral viewpoint aside, I think KVZ bags are beautifully and pratically designed and well worth the money.

I said could. Some people eat meat and leather is a by product of that industry. I certainly don't agree with animals bieng killed for their skin alone and personally I haven't eaten meat for years BUT that is my choice and I don't presume that eveyone feels as I do. In my humble opinion the bags are overpriced for what they are, they often look cheap and tacky and I could go to a shop two steps away and buy something very similar for 30 euro.

Last edited:
I said could. Some people eat meat and leather is a by product of that industry. I certainly don't agree with animals bieng killed for their skin alone and personally I haven't eaten meat for years BUT that is my choice and I don't presume that eveyone feels as I do. In my humble opinion the bags are overpriced for what they are, they often look cheap and tacky and I could go to a shop two steps away and buy something very similar for 30 euro.

i cant help but agree. i see some of the bags and i think 'that could be lovely if you took off 50% of the metal work, removed the python strips and made them a 1/4 of the price' lol

i cant help but agree. i see some of the bags and i think 'that could be lovely if you took off 50% of the metal work, removed the python strips and made them a 1/4 of the price' lol

Quite! If that were the case, I could even be tempted myself...........but probably still not! :mysmilie_17:
(The DDs might well be though, they can just about run to the cost of a River Island bag! lol)

Sorry if you weren't advocating the slaughter of animals for their skins to provide fashion accessories, but your post including being able to buy a 'fabulous leather designer bag' did suggest that you would buy a leather bag.
No offence intended. I still think the KVZ are excellent quality, though, and would pay more for them because they are not animal skin.

i eat meat and buy leather products, why? because i want to. so am i advocating the slaughter of innocent animals or just wanting a steak sandwich?
doubtless if i had to slaughter the animal myself i would eat a lot less meat, especially at the begining, but i am sure i would get the hang of it eventually.

Sorry if you weren't advocating the slaughter of animals for their skins to provide fashion accessories, but your post including being able to buy a 'fabulous leather designer bag' did suggest that you would buy a leather bag.
No offence intended. I still think the KVZ are excellent quality, though, and would pay more for them because they are not animal skin.

No offence taken and I see you point about paying more for a bag because it isn't leather. Just watch, I bet that I have to eat my words tomorrow when I see the TSV!!!

i eat meat and buy leather products, why? because i want to. so am i advocating the slaughter of innocent animals or just wanting a steak sandwich?
doubtless if i had to slaughter the animal myself i would eat a lot less meat, especially at the begining, but i am sure i would get the hang of it eventually.

Well good for you! At least you would experience what it is like which is more than most people do. Perhaps you would appreciate your steak sandwich even more if you had to slaughter a cow. ILiving in the country I have seen and heard animals being killed and it isn't very pleasant.

Well good for you! At least you would experience what it is like which is more than most people do. Perhaps you would appreciate your steak sandwich even more if you had to slaughter a cow. ILiving in the country I have seen and heard animals being killed and it isn't very pleasant.

I can totally relate to that. Had to collect hearts for my degree course from a slaughter house. Was so traumatised that I gave up eating meat there and then. That was 30 years ago, but I have started to laps occasionally on the bacon sandwich, or the eggs and bacon breakfast, only a couple of times a year though. Saying that I have a leather handbag I love.

I can totally relate to that. Had to collect hearts for my degree course from a slaughter house. Was so traumatised that I gave up eating meat there and then. That was 30 years ago, but I have started to laps occasionally on the bacon sandwich, or the eggs and bacon breakfast, only a couple of times a year though. Saying that I have a leather handbag I love.

Got to admit that I have leather goods too, but I do try to buy alternatives if I can. Frankly, when I do use a leather bag I realise how heavy and cumbersome they can be they are compared to my Kipling bags for example.

Latest posts

Back