£77 for a bunch of hangers?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
Or if that isn't enough you can have a few more for £115. WHAT?? I just don't get it. There are a few good reviews though so someone's buying them. I think I really do live up to my name because I can't remember the last time I bought hangers - I just take the one's on offer when I buy clothes.

Actually I lie - I can remember the last time I bought hangers - oh yes, it was from QVC about 5 years ago when I was fooled by the hype and thought that a set of 'organiser' hangers would give me some extra wardrobe space. I splurged all of about £22 and can honestly say that they were the worst buy ever. Assorted clips and hooks kept falling off and by the time I had used the multi-hang space-saving features I needed to call in the local bodybuilders club to help me lift them out of the wardrobe. Real rubbish but perhaps a much needed wake-up call because until then I really believed that QVC did live up to their name and offer good products all the time. In my innocence I thought they had a quality department that road tested everything! Hah! Shan't be fooled again.:mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698:

i couldn't ever bring myself to pay that for hangers i too get them when i buy clothes and to be honest i have not had a problem with clothes falling off i just can't see how they can justify that price?

I see what you mean BF, I used to feel the same, until I bought some, and for the first time in my life my wardrobe did not look like a bombsite and I could actually find what I was looking for. These hangers have created so much space in my wardrobe it's unbelievable. They are expensive, but they also last, so I have never regretted spending £60 on hangers!

I see what you mean BF, I used to feel the same, until I bought some, and for the first time in my life my wardrobe did not look like a bombsite and I could actually find what I was looking for. These hangers have created so much space in my wardrobe it's unbelievable. They are expensive, but they also last, so I have never regretted spending £60 on hangers!

I do know that these slimline non-slip hanger are better than the rubbish ones I bought because I've seen them in the shops. In fact my local TKmax have a set of about ten at the moment for not a lot. But I simply could not bring myself to part with £77 for the privilege. I'd rather buy something really nice to hang on the plakky hanger!

I'm with you Bea! I just can't imagine any scenario where that amount of money can be justified for coathangers... (actually, if they were solid gold set with diamonds maybe...)
I will confess I did buy a load of the "Hook n Hang" multihangers a few years ago (on eBay though, not at QVC prices!) - I wonder if that's what you got too, I totally agree about the weight once they're loaded up, I hate having to move them.
To be honest, I'm not sure whether they've made things any better, I have so damn many clothes I think a bigger wardrobe would be the only practical solution. Of course, then I'd need a bigger bedroom to put it in, not really an option!

Well after initial scepticism, I have the TK Maxx ones and I think they are marvellous! They are well worth the money, I can actually see what I have now and I buy more every time we are in the U.K.
I had some of the QVC ones when they first stocked them, many, many years ago and would happily have more if it wasn't for the postage to here.

I'm with you Bea! I just can't imagine any scenario where that amount of money can be justified for coathangers... (actually, if they were solid gold set with diamonds maybe...)
I will confess I did buy a load of the "Hook n Hang" multihangers a few years ago (on eBay though, not at QVC prices!) - I wonder if that's what you got too, I totally agree about the weight once they're loaded up, I hate having to move them.
To be honest, I'm not sure whether they've made things any better, I have so damn many clothes I think a bigger wardrobe would be the only practical solution. Of course, then I'd need a bigger bedroom to put it in, not really an option!

Exactly! So, you see, spending £70 on hangers seems quite sensible when compared to the alternative of buying a new house...:mysmilie_17: :mysmilie_698:

Mmm, quite a few of you in favour of them then. I just might give the TKMaxx ones another look. But rather than stuffing more into my wardrobe I've had a few good clearouts lately and feel better for it (clothes I mean!).

I got the TKMaxx ones and was pretty impressed - I think they were about £5 for 10 - but in lots of colours (some a bit garish) and varying prices.

Must admit I was sceptical but am impressed now, and will prob go back for more

:mysmilie_697:I bought the hangers when they were a TSV a couple of months ago and I think they are great. I have so much space in my wardrobe now and I have started on my OH's clothes. I had so many plastic and wooden hangers they filled a big box and I still have loads left to give to charity. Yes they do seem expensive but they are worth the money in my opinion. I have used them for my OH's suits as he used the big wooden ones. He now has more space in his wardrobe but that will not mean he will buy any new clothes unless I buy them for him as I have better taste in clothes than him!!

I bought the last TSV and it has revolutionised my wardrobe..tidier, more space, everything to hand ............I feel more content when I look in and I have decluttered too, selling some clothes I had lurking on ebay.:mysmilie_82: A win win buy.

Something I noticed on Ideal World t'other day was that during the fashion hour, none of the display garments were on these wonder hangers [given how normal hangers are given such a slagging off!]. I should make a point of seeing if QVC use them.

No, I have no life. :mysmilie_17:

I have bought the lookey-likey ones from Tesco,sainsburys,wilkos,home sense and TK Maxx and like them but wouldn't buy them from QVC now. I did have a few from QVC years ago but they were no better/stronger than the cheap ones I have bought. I have had really pretty colours from the other stores-really lovely light pink from The Range on saturday, 6 for £2.98 (the ones with the trouser hanger bar).

Just taken delivery of a bumper pack of hangers from Thane Direct - the original huggable hangers from Joy Mangano - these are from New York and Thane Direct are the only company who import them. They get very good reviews and I am extremely impressed with the quality of them. I looked at the ones in T-K Maxx but they weren't a patch on these. Very pleased with my purchase - I agree £99 is a lot of money but you get what you pay for and I know it is money well spent - I got a good deal as I got 150 hangers and accessories and free shipping.

I have the grip to me hangers and they do take up far less space and make it easier to see exactly what clothes you have got which makes culling never worn stuff to make room for new (not QVC fashion I hasten to add ) stuff much easier. I managed to clear a hanging shelf unit of t-shirts by putting them on hangers so now my handbags are not on the floor

Latest posts

Back