Boring, boring qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miaandmum

Registered Shopper
IMO QVC is getting worse, boriing presenters just going through the motions, boring 'new' logo and boring old products. I've been with them since day one and used to buy something every few weeks but my last purchase was loccitain last September (loccitain doesnt seem what it was either IMO). Surely its time for a big shake up - interesting products, interesting presenters and cheaper P&P. IMO QVC has lost it's sparkle and appeal.

Anyone else agree?

I totally agree with you!! I do get very bored watching lately unless its a show I want to watch and that depends on the presenter!! I notice that JF is on with Ralph from Honora at midnight and I can just imagine how OTT she will be with him!! I love Honora but I think I will give it a miss as much as I like their pearls JF drives me mad. :mysmilie_348:

I used to be addicted to QVC and ordered loads of stuff, at least one order a week. Nowadays I hardly ever watch as it's just the same old same old to me. Boring fashion, endless craft and card making shows, that irritating Malcolm guy in the kitchen, second rate presenters (JF in particular) and extortionate p&p are just some of the things that have turned me off.

Its like watching paint dry, infact watching paint dry is more interesting.:mysmilie_697:

You know what the presenters are going to say before they open their mouths, just go through the motions 99.9% of the time.

I've not watched for a couple of weeks apart from the odd 5 mins here and there.I'm so surprised to say I really don't miss it as much as I thought it would - and the odd bit that I catch,makes me just cringe lately.I used to watch qvc as I found it mainly relaxing and secondly for company when my hubby is away.I think you get more brainwashed than you realise,when watching it for long periods.

Totally agree! I used to be addicted too and found some of the items very innovative and the presenters were more amiable than these lot now.Also it's very rare to get a TSV in the beauty dept for less than £35 where they often came in under £20 . So unless it's something I really need I don't bother anymore

I've not watched for a couple of weeks apart from the odd 5 mins here and there.I'm so surprised to say I really don't miss it as much as I thought it would - and the odd bit that I catch,makes me just cringe lately.I used to watch qvc as I found it mainly relaxing and secondly for company when my hubby is away.I think you get more brainwashed than you realise,when watching it for long periods.

Same here! I don't watch any tv apart from GMTV when I'm getting ready in the morning, and I used to have QVC on for the background noise/company thing. But I haven't been switching on much lately, and I don't miss it either. Glad I switched on t'other day though as I saw the garden lights TSV and they came right at the time I was 'persuading' hubby to deck the garden this year!! Not even triple day tomorrow is enticing me as it's all boring boring boring stuff :mysmilie_81:

Glad it's not just me! I used to love watching it and buying different things you couldn't get in town. The TSVs were great value - especially beauty - Molton Brown, Aveda, Loccitaine etc - things that were hard to get hold of in those days without a trip to London. Now you can get them quite easily and cheaper!

It really annoys me that nowdays (especially with Butler and Wilson and Lulu Guinness (if you can afford it)! is that most of their stuff is 'especially designed for qvc' and not in their shops - what does that tell us!

Boring is an understatement, I can’t remember the last time I watched.:mysmilie_697: Forget value I think the V in QVC should stand for Vacuous, as it is vacuous TV at it’s finest. Boring products, boring hours, boring presenters.

The highlight of the day being a new logo, jingle and ruler..... Enough said, I need to sit down, I can’t contain my excitement..... Not.
I think you get more brainwashed than you realise,when watching it for long periods.
I agree, I’ve often thought the same thing myself.

Same here! I don't watch any tv apart from GMTV when I'm getting ready in the morning, and I used to have QVC on for the background noise/company thing. But I haven't been switching on much lately, and I don't miss it either. Glad I switched on t'other day though as I saw the garden lights TSV and they came right at the time I was 'persuading' hubby to deck the garden this year!! Not even triple day tomorrow is enticing me as it's all boring boring boring stuff :mysmilie_81:

we saw same lights in a cheapo shop......well they werent on easy pay BUT they were as cheap for one payment [ onlu couldnt get the coppper effect ].i do REALLY REALLY know how much i have NEEDED QVC of years ago BUT i can now escape out of the house & have found many many shops that sell much cheaper.......i tend to use them as a stop gap in case i dont like something then the P&P is worth every penny

I agree with you all. The new logo *breathless with excitement* looks cheap and would be more at home on some of the lesser shopping channels.

The new lines they are bringing in are either boring or too expensive - or both!!

The presenters are starting to look fed up with everything as well.

Everything just needs a good shake up. A new logo won't solve QVC's problems. Maybe cheaper p&p and some more mid range products at a more affordable price just might.

I agree with you all. The new logo *breathless with excitement* looks cheap and would be more at home on some of the lesser shopping channels.

The new lines they are bringing in are either boring or too expensive - or both!!

The presenters are starting to look fed up with everything as well.

Everything just needs a good shake up. A new logo won't solve QVC's problems. Maybe cheaper p&p and some more mid range products at a more affordable price just might.

:mysmilie_687::mysmilie_687::mysmilie_687:

I totally agree with you!! I do get very bored watching lately unless its a show I want to watch and that depends on the presenter!! I notice that JF is on with Ralph from Honora at midnight and I can just imagine how OTT she will be with him!! I love Honora but I think I will give it a miss as much as I like their pearls JF drives me mad. :mysmilie_348:

Now that Sarah Griffiths is on mat leave I don't think there is a female presenter that I actually like - if I'm being generous I don't mind Pipa until she starts doing the "yeah yeah yeah" bit. I can watch Julian, Craig and Anthony but most of the time they don't present products that I want to buy.

I'm also tied of being treated like a muppet with them trying to flog me anything purely because it's ok for me to return on the 30day MBG if I don't like it (although we all on here know that this is no longer "no quibble"). I also don't like being blatantly lied to so that they can flog anything to me, in particular I'm talking about Michaela Lee from YC and LE. I turned the LE hour off in disgust the other night because Caroline Archer said that C&P has "fundamentally" not changed. OK you've thrown in an appropriate word but the formula has changed hasn't it, Caroline?

Agree with all of you, I used to buy quite a lot\far too much (delete as applicable) and have with the help of this forum been weaning myself off. QVC has inadvertently helped with my cure as nothing is tempting me, it's the same old stuff over and over again. I personally will never be able to afford a Lulu Guiness bag and as I work part time due to my health I cannot stretch to the beauty TSV anymore as they all seem to come in at just under £40 all the time. If stores such as Waitrose and M and S can respond to the recession with their value lines and "wise buys" why can't QVC ? I appreciate it is "want" rather than a "need" shop front but they must miss a lot of trade by trying and in my opinion failing in their attempt to be the t v version of Harrods.

I couldn't agree more and I'm glad it's not just me. In fact, I had come on to ST.com this morning to start my own thread on this vein. It's just too much of the same thing now. The listings each day seem to repeat themselves every three or four hours and each show is practically a repeat of those earlier in the day, with just a different presenter.

The poster who mentioned JF with Honora is correct too but do you think she's been reading our forum as she seems to have suddenly been tarted up? :D (It hasn't worked!) I still can't watch her.

I wouldn't mind so much the hour upon hour of gardening and craft if anyone on the shows actually did some gardening or crafting. It strikes me RJ just stands there with his hands in his pockets while someone else demos and sells, and the crafting is actually just card making. Boring isn't a big enough word. And that rings even truer for whole day events. Even if it's something you like, there's only so much you can take in any one go.

Add technology too - I'm fed up with TVs and presenters' holiday snaps!

It's really depressing. I'm still not able to shop "normally" on the high street and I used to rely on QVC for shopping and entertainment but now there is nothing to shop for. I get most of what I need now from Ebay shops. Even the stuff that's on last clicks is too expensive now - give us realistic products at realistic prices with resonable P&P.

qvc are generally far tooo expensive and we all know that a lot of the lines are cheaper elsewhere and the postage is often free.

sometimes they do oto's and these can be really cheap.

i needed a dinner service and qvc had one for under £20 so i bought 3 sets as i like to have a lot of matching stuff as it usually breaks/chips etc

also clearance for jewellery is where i buy my rings etc.

advertised stuff apart from l'occitane tsv's are rarely any good and the makeup is overpriced tbh.

I agree with you all, there is not one thing on today that I would watch, if I wanted KVZ (which I don't) I would go to TKMAXX as there are loads in there, can't watch AY, don't ever watch NN, the only possible is OPI, other than that it's not going on untill next Tuesday for the craft maybe. I'll wait to read the comments on here about the aero pilates!!

I agree with you all, there is not one thing on today that I would watch, if I wanted KVZ (which I don't) I would go to TKMAXX as there are loads in there, can't watch AY, don't ever watch NN, the only possible is OPI, other than that it's not going on untill next Tuesday for the craft maybe. I'll wait to read the comments on here about the aero pilates!!

I even found the OPI show boring. x

Latest posts

Back