I love Jill Franks.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CountessK

Registered Shopper
OK, OK, I don't love JF but I don't mind her at all, she's definitely not the worst presenter on QVC (in my humble AY-hating opinion!). She gets so many negative comments here, I just wonder if there is anyone else here (or on the planet) who doesn't hate JF?

i'm with you countess.

she has really grown on me since the days when she just did exercise equipment. yes, she can be annoying sometimes (hello?) but she comes out with some very funny and off the wall comments.

i also rather like the fact that she knows her own style and doesnt get her knockers out, try to look like a model, have bad teeth, continually go on about slimming, or pretend to be something she isnt.

go jill! :mysmilie_696:

I don't dislike her. I find her very difficult to watch, which is not the same thing and I really dislike her "lazy" accent. I don't mind accents at all, I have one myself, but she never seems to finish words and it sets my teeth on edge. I suffered no more than 5 minutes of her with Ralphie and I thought she looked much better with her hair up, but then had to turn off. As a presenter, she is O.K.ish in a scatterbrained sort of way...

Yay a nice thread about Jill

I used to be indifferent to Jill, but I think all the negative comments on this forum, have made her more endearing. I think she’s alright, and I like her dress sense.:mysmilie_696:
i also rather like the fact that she knows her own style and doesnt get her knockers out, try to look like a model, have bad teeth, continually go on about slimming, or pretend to be something she isnt.
Same here, Jill is confident within herself, and doesn’t need to pretend, to be something she’s not. I’m gonna do a Brucie and say step aside Alison Y. & Debbie F. Jill’s my new favourite.:mysmilie_697:

I like Jill Franks. I find her easier to watch that Claire "all the world is made of pink ice-cream" Sutton and the sickly sweet Catherine "oh Lulu what a fabulous bag" Huntley. OK so she looks like she needs a good meal but I like the fact that she's a bit scatty and her hubby quite obviously dotes on her. Good for her. She appears happy with her lot in life and who can begrudge anyone that in this day and age?

She's grown on me too. I love her sense of fun and enjoy watching her with Honora Ralph because she obviously has a genuine passion for this range and doesn't just spout any old flannel to try and get people buying. Actually I think she'd be very happy just to sit there playing with all of Ralph's bits...ooh err missus...
icon10.gif
and her giggly flirting with him makes me smile, whereas JR's exhibionist flirting with tits pointed like exocet missiles at anything male in a trouser, makes me cringe.

I used to think she was a bit of an airhead - like a child-woman, but recently she has made me laugh. She is genuinely enthusiastic about the products, especially jewellery, and does seem to enjoy trying on the pieces. Her preferences (pink, neutrals and matching items) are consistent too - she does not claim to love everything or have one of it at home. She does not seem full of herself or vain - neither does she appear bitchy towards any of the models or guests.

Jill's not my fav presenter but I find her entertaining and some of her comments make me laugh :mysmilie_696:

She was fab with John Barrowman.

Couldn't agree more-one of the most entertaining shows I have seen for ages. She occasionally gets on my nerves, particularly when she talks about the fact that she seems to own every item in QVC's inventory, but I thought she was brilliant with John Barrowman and also with Ralph yesterday. And my goodness, she looked fabulous at the Honora TSV launch-quite glamorous!

didn't hate her but wasn't one of my faves but opinion changed after watching her with john barrowman thought she was brilliant wasn't like a presenter chatting to a guest was like watching friends chat and i was nosing in lol really like her now :)

i'm with you countess.

she has really grown on me since the days when she just did exercise equipment. yes, she can be annoying sometimes (hello?) but she comes out with some very funny and off the wall comments.

go jill! :mysmilie_696:

:mysmilie_82: Very well said, I do agree. She's a bit of a scatter brain I think but she doesn't have any airs or graces, and I am definitely with you on the no knockers on show - I think she's quite stylish and classy in that respect.

I always used to assign her to my "ones to avoid" list of QVC presenters but she is quite endearing and I think the barrage of unnecessary abuse she gets on here has turned me into a bit of a fan.

And I like the fact that she clearly cares a great deal for her dog :mysmilie_1762:

I like Jill Franks. I find her easier to watch that Claire "all the world is made of pink ice-cream" Sutton and the sickly sweet Catherine "oh Lulu what a fabulous bag" Huntley. OK so she looks like she needs a good meal but I like the fact that she's a bit scatty and her hubby quite obviously dotes on her. Good for her. She appears happy with her lot in life and who can begrudge anyone that in this day and age?

I couldn't have put it better myself. She seems quite "innocent" IYKWIM. She makes me smile.

Linda :mysmilie_348:

I used to think Jill was extremely irritating but then I met her and found her to be such a sweetheart that I really like her now. Yes, she's as scatty as they come and gets the wrong end of the stick sometimes but I find that endearing... She also doesn't commit the ultimate sin of talking to her 'audience' like they're mentally challenged 5 year olds unlike some Catherine Huntley who I could Catherine Huntley mention Catherine Huntley!!!

She definitely doesn't claim to own everything - she's refreshingly honest about what's for her and what's not. Not like the beepin' CHuntley (are you seeing a theme here?) who I'm starting to think must live in the QVC warehouse...

I used to think Jill was extremely irritating but then I met her and found her to be such a sweetheart that I really like her now. Yes, she's as scatty as they come and gets the wrong end of the stick sometimes but I find that endearing... She also doesn't commit the ultimate sin of talking to her 'audience' like they're mentally challenged 5 year olds unlike some Catherine Huntley who I could Catherine Huntley mention Catherine Huntley!!!

She definitely doesn't claim to own everything - she's refreshingly honest about what's for her and what's not. Not like the beepin' CHuntley (are you seeing a theme here?) who I'm starting to think must live in the QVC warehouse...
:mysmilie_61: At your Chuntley rant.
icon12.gif
JF
also looks ****** good for 45 (this year).

Hiya Prophette hon :mysmilie_348: so good to see you posting again. :mysmilie_12: Sx

Latest posts

Back