OPI - T Caller - was it Grotbags?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Singing Ringing Tree.

I can recall conversations about this with people who must have thought I was barmy as they denied any knowledge of it. Of course it could have traumatised them more than me so much so that they wiped it from their memories.

I was fascinated to find, however, that there is a whole cult movement about it now and I was so not alone in being scared witless by it. It made such a profound affect on me that even though the name escaped me until I luckily came across it on the internet a few years back that I could quote whole sections of it off by heart. I tracked down a DVD of it recently and sat enthralled at what had terrified me as a kid. That bliddy little troll thing coming out of solid rock was a real terror and the giant fish frozen in the pond, and that darlin white horse buried in the snow........... stuff of nightmares.

As for other witches that were scarey. In my Daughter's day she was completely terrified of Zelda from Terrahawks, and my lovely nephew who now stands 6' 7" once answered the door, my Mum (his gran) had popped next door for 2 mins whilst he was watching tv, and said to the caller. 'Do you know where my Nanny is cos Grotbags is on the telly and she scares me?'

I too thought that my sister and I had imagined the Singing Ringing Tree until I saw a programme with Laurence Llewellyn Bowen and he mentioned it.

Latest posts

Back