Giving QVC a wide Berth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lizdelassa

Registered Shopper
Have recently been giving QVC a wide berth, can't be bothered to watch the shows, even the jewellery hours are starting to be the same.

Used to watch everyday, when I came home from work I would turn it on and watch whatever was on much to my family's dismay.

I'm not badly griping about the shows, just that after a few years things tend to come full circle and even the TSV's are coming up second time around.

Thank God for Sky Plus. Some of the presenters look better in high speed and of course you don't have to listen to the sales pitch either. I think QVC are actually capable of putting the customers off, I know this works for me.

What a way to get over an addiction, let's see how long it lasts this time, last time it was 2 years. :mysmilie_701:

I agree with you, I am very much uninspired by QVC and have only bought 2 things (nail inc) since December, both purchased online and not influenced by any shows as I've more or less stopped watching :)

Me too, and my bank balance is thanking me for. I have found that none of the skin care is any better than that which I buy from the source of all that is terrible aka the high street, I have enough jewellery to open my own shop, the less said about the "Fashion" the better. Some of the brands I used to like have vanished without a trace (Markon and Molton Brown) and nothing interesting has taken their place. Plus I just resent paying at least £2 45p to have an itsey teeny tiny thing posted to me. Their loss I reckon!

It's rather liberating to have joined the ranks of the QVC freedomites :) Not so much that I'd choose not to watch, but rather there's just nothing of interest to watch. Other than products being rubbish, expensive and bumped up with P&P, I'm getting fed up waiting so long for everything to get here. More like 5-7 working weeks it seems. The stuff I'm currently waiting for is now too late for the person it was for and will be going right back. I've actually noticed that they've removed "arrived too late" from their returns slip, so I guess this is a big problem all round.

Maybe they've listened to us and sacked the fashion and beauty buyers? Trouble is, they should have replaced them ;)

Bye bye QVC. Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!

As I've recently got into a bit of crafting, I tend to only watch the craft shows now (mainly to watch the demos & see how to use stuff!) & if I see something I like, I scamper off to see if I can get it cheaper elsewhere!
I've bought a few craft bits recently but only those I couldn't get cheaper (or at all!) elsewhere! lol
I certainly don't sit glued to it in the evenings any more & have watched QVC since the very beginning but it has got so boring recently, I just can't be ar$ed nowadays! *yawn*

Me too, and my bank balance is thanking me for. I have found that none of the skin care is any better than that which I buy from the source of all that is terrible aka the high street, I have enough jewellery to open my own shop, the less said about the "Fashion" the better. Some of the brands I used to like have vanished without a trace (Markon and Molton Brown) and nothing interesting has taken their place. Plus I just resent paying at least £2 45p to have an itsey teeny tiny thing posted to me. Their loss I reckon!

Markon was on recently.

I tend to order online now, and that's repeat orders of things I've run out of, because I don't watch it much now (unless it's a show like Charlie Bears) as much of it is very 'samey.' Presumably the novelty of having shopping channels on Freeview is now wearing off and that's been reinforced by the fact that I can often find items I want cheaper elsewhere.

I haven't watched because I'm trying to save money - and thought it would be really hard to give up.Like its already been metioned it was the first thing I put on when I walked in the door.It was also the first thing I put on in the morning.I found it very relaxing.

Have to say I'm so surprised I don't miss it.I'm very disinterested in the tsv's these days and yet I normally couldn't wait until 7am to start my day and find out what the tsv was for the day.

I've found that I think I was more brainwashed more than I thought it was.It comes to something when you know most items inside out and could talk about each one more than the presenter.Either I was watching wayyyyy to much or theres literally less items these days.

I did watch the clarks hour at 5pm and watched a full 45 mins which is the most I've watched in acouple of weeks.I love clarks shoes and enjoyed the bits I did see.Didn't buy because if I had the money I could just go to my local store or online where some offer or another is on :)

One pair of the Clarks shoes that were on today I have and they were over £10 cheaper on QVC today...however I am a half size so no good buying off the telly.

I am going to be stronger and try once again not to buy so much on impulse...it doesn't make for convenience when you realise your mistake and have yet another task to do in parcelling an item up and sending it back.:mysmilie_34:

I too have drastically reduced my QVC watching. Sky + helps, as when I get the time, there is always something interesting waiting to be viewed. Occasionally, when I do put it on, I am dumbstruck at the mundane, samey, like-watching-paint-dry quality of the shows, and am horrified to think that I was so addicted, I could watch hours and hours of it.

I think the only shows I would really be interested in are Laura Geller - the fashion is hideous, and most of their ranges are so overpriced, and then padded out with extortionate P&P, that I find myself getting cross.

I have recently rediscovered my love of reading, and am also spending time decluttereing, another reason not to buy QVC stuff on impulse. My OH is also much happier - he has got his wife back!

So, healthier bank blance, and less stuff all around. My OH is also much happier to have his wife back, not the QVC-watching, impulse buying zombie version.

I have also discovered Aveeno body lotion, thanks to a mention on ST.com. which is a fabulous moisturiser. Bought a large pump dispenser in Tesco recently for on special offer for just under £4.00. I imagined the same bottle retailing for £17.99 plus P&P of £3.45 on QVC, and AY gushing about how it literally transformed the arm and leg area (LOL!) to silk and literally protects and nourishes your skin for literally 24 hours!

Latest posts

Back