Alison Y

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere already, but does anyone know where AY is? Haven't seen her on a beauty show in ages now.

I saw her on last week doing the beauty clearance progs. Think she's ok.

Twinklette x

Hi

Just been looking on the TV guide and AY is down to present 3 of the 4 hours of Liz Earle on Tuesday.

Chris

I got that impression too. Especially with the cleanse and polish - "you should use a separate cleanser....blah blah blah." Mind you, I don't think they like each other. I'm going to watch and look for the signs...........

I got that impression too. Especially with the cleanse and polish - "you should use a separate cleanser....blah blah blah." Mind you, I don't think they like each other. I'm going to watch and look for the signs...........

Two Business Women together!!

I think Liz being a very successful beauty editor,having written over 24 books and having some very "influencial" beauty contacts - including the "beauty bible" ladies doesnt help their relationship and her award from the Queen (MBE?/OBE?) for her contribution to beauty/business wont have helped either? I also got the impression AY didnt rate the brand and still do at times especially when she says "can be used as an introduction to cleanse,tone and moisturise" or "use the Decleor Aromaescence(sp?) to take Skin repair up from a cold cream to a hard working anti-ageing cream"? As Sazza said she has hosted LE shows for the last couple of years(i always thought she had been"told" to?) - but LE has been with QVC for over 11 years, so what happened to the first 9 which she never hosted including TSV's ? When AY is hosting her "high end" brands - Gatineau,Elemis,Decleor etc she gushes about them and mentions the awards thay have won(the awards are usually on display) but doesnt have the same "gushiness(if this is a word)" when hosting LE shows. That said i hope Alison is keeping well(as we all know she doesnt keep well at times). Linda

Re: fairynuff and Sev's mum. It's the posh bird factor i think - as with Alexis, L'Occitane: I think these types just annoy AY (she may keep horses, but she ain't posh!).

Liz Earle ain't nobody's fool - and AY seems to like lording it over and acting the goat with a lot of her other favourite guests - Andrew Bagley being the number 1 example. I don't think Liz Earle is there for that - or is interested or really needs to be buddies with AY

That's true enough Snuffles. I'm sure I heard one of the presenters say once that Liz Earle's skincare was the best selling Beauty range on QVC, which when you think about it speaks volumes and defies the belittling AY seems to give it...

Latest posts

Back