Acer TSV?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
Do we have any further details on Saturday's upcoming Acer TSV yet?
Q Gossip mentions Blu Ray & the fact it's a quad core with 4gb RAM but not much else.......SCW, anything yet?

I'm sure I saw "touchscreen" being mentioned on one of those silent ads they have between segments.

I bought a ACER laptop over a year ago for my son and it is not so good!! So personally I would not touch ACER with a barge pole!! But I did buy the DELL pc nearly a couple of years ago when they had a TSV and it still works.

I bought a ACER laptop over a year ago for my son and it is not so good!! So personally I would not touch ACER with a barge pole!! But I did buy the DELL pc nearly a couple of years ago when they had a TSV and it still works.

I got one of the DDs the little Acer netbook for Xmas & she loves it, not that she makes any great demands of it.....Facebook (inc. her farm, which is now the size of Texas or something! lol), Youtube & emails mostly........I did read somewhere the laptop wasn't so hot though!
(It's a speedy little thing & of course, immensely portable, she carts it about everywhere! lol)

I'm more interested in the price. I know play.com are selling one for £879.00, without the blu-ray. QVC have also got a dell tsv coming up in the next month. That might be a laptop. I have a HP laptop currently, about 2 years old, so could really do with being upgraded, but I wouldn't have another dell. I also want to have a new desktop as back up for my laptop, so I'll be watching on saturday. If the price is anything like the play one, I really don't want to pay that much for a secondary pc.

The TSV won't be exactly upgradeable, being an all-in-one job but I am presuming it will have a fairly decent graphics card to at least cope with the refresh rate etc. for the HD/Blu Ray?
I think Acer use ATI cards, which seem to be 'of the moment' just now & am hoping this won't be a 'sticking point', though I realise this isn't intended as a gaming pc or anything, though fortunately WoW is nowhere near as demanding as many other games & it needs to be able to cope with fairly high end graphics programmes to be of any use anyway!!
We will have to see on Saturday I guess - no doubt it will be some ludicrous over-the-top price anyway.......! :thinking:

I won't buy an Acer item again as Acer's CS is horrendous!!

Acer Aspire Z5610 All-in-1 Wireless 23" Touchscreen PC 500GB,TV Tuner & Blu-ray
Item Number: 562922
QVC Price £1140.00
Today's Special Value Price £987.00
Availability In stock
UK P&P £0.00

Touch the future of home entertainment with this fantastic all-in-one touch-screen PC from Acer. This desktop PC has a host of high-end features all packed into a sleek, stylish Full HD 23" touch-screen monitor unit. It has a Blu-ray drive, a TV tuner, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built-in, and boasts a powerful 2.33GHz quad-core Intel processor, 4GB RAM and 500GB hard drive. The PC comes with a wireless keyboard and mouse and has a webcam built in. Direct despatch: please allow 10 - 14 working days for delivery. UK mainland only.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.562922

very over priced as there is the same one on amazon with a 1TB hard drive which is double the size for less

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0033X81UM/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 £836.59

I know it's a bit boring but I'd like to see QVC now and again offer a computer deal that's a bit nearer the "bucket shop" end of the market.

very over priced as there is the same one on amazon with a 1TB hard drive which is double the size for less

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0033X81UM/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 £836.59

Don't think that's the one with BluRay Ian & nobody needs a 1TB hard drive anyway, unless you plan on saving & watching a year's worth of your town's CCTV footage! lol
I still want to know what the ruddy graphics card is in the thing though......bet they don't mention it......! :rolleyes:

Don't think that's the one with BluRay Ian & nobody needs a 1TB hard drive anyway, unless you plan on saving & watching a year's worth of your town's CCTV footage! lol
I still want to know what the ruddy graphics card is in the thing though......bet they don't mention it......! :rolleyes:

ok not quite the same i found it on amazon for £999.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001CA0VBU/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

ok £12 more but still double the hard drive

and it says Graphics Controller: MXM - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

According to SCW's amazon link it's MXM - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570.

I've got an Acer lappy - have had it over 3 years with no problems, as have a couple of friends of mine.

I have had 2 Acer laptops. My first is around 5 year old and still gets used everyday by my daughter, mine is 2 year old- AMD processor, 512 graphics chip and 2 gig memory, I've just installed Windows 7 Ultimate...this runs rings around my friends Sony, Dell and Toshiba which are all newer than mine. I would/do recommend Acer to everybody.

I have had 2 Acer laptops. My first is around 5 year old and still gets used everyday by my daughter, mine is 2 year old- AMD processor, 512 graphics chip and 2 gig memory, I've just installed Windows 7 Ultimate...this runs rings around my friends Sony, Dell and Toshiba which are all newer than mine. I would/do recommend Acer to everybody.

I've had my Acer laptop for two years now and have been extremely happy with it, it does everything I want and for a very affordable price - I'd be perfectly happy to buy another one ! :mysmilie_378:

Latest posts

Back