Hmn...more than slightly misleading...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone,

I was half watching Debbie Flint doing Diamonique last night and I'm sure I heard her say that the item she was showing wouldn't be returning to QVC as they could no longer get it for the same price. She went on to say that when QVC can't get more stock of an item at the price it has been selling at then they don't choose to bring it back at a higher price with the same item number. If it does return at a higher price, she continued, it has to return as a new item with a new item number. I know this isn't accurate from recent personal experience! A few weeks ago I ordered a Honora necklace which arrived with a problem. To be fair QVC sent me the pre-paid postage return sticker and offered to refund me the whole price including initial P&P. But when they sent me a replacement (only a couple of days later)they charged me a new higher price for it. I checked the website against my account and the same item with the same item number did indeed have a new higher price. I complained on point of principle and they agreed to refund me the second price. I then saw on a QVC review a few people complaining that a Honora Necklace they bought as a TSV had returned some time later at literally (to quote AY) twice the price! Mine had only gone up 25p, but still...

I've only just joined this forum so I do appreciate there may well have been discussion on this issue before..but it's the first time I've had direct experience of it!

I bookmark a particular beauty product that I order occasionally and quite often it goes on 'waitlist', then disappears from the site although I can view it from my bookmark. It has twice reappeared some months later with a new item number and a new higher price, so that explains what they're up to!
I haven't had your experience but with QVC anything's possible!

Hello everyone,
. But when they sent me a replacement (only a couple of days later)they charged me a new higher price for it. I checked the website against my account and the same item with the same item number did indeed have a new higher price. I complained on point of principle and they agreed to refund me the second price. I then saw on a QVC review a few people complaining that a Honora Necklace they bought as a TSV had returned some time later at literally (to quote AY) twice the price! Mine had only gone up 25p, but still...

Maybe it was as a result of the increase in VAT.

I checked with QVC and it was unconnected to the VAT increase. It makes sense that they may want to re-stock popular items and that they may have to pass on worldwide commodity price increases (although I suspect their not insignificant profit margins could take a hit) but they just shouldn't state that they don't do it when they clearly do!

Latest posts

Back