Presenters' Contracts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'd always thought that QVC presenters were exclusive to them, as far as being a salesperson goes. I'm curious because, recently, I saw Craig selling holidays on Sky Travel. I know sometimes they do other work but I've never seen one presenter on two different shopping channels at the same time. Are they allowed to "moonlight"?

I think a lot of the shopping telly presenters are freelance so not actually contracted to QVC.

I wouldn't know about the stipulations of their contracts but I would imagine Craig doing holiday shows wouldn't be a problem - it might raise a few eyebrows if he was moonlighting on another shopping channel, but as QVC don't sell holidays, it's not like he's stealing business from them.

It's the same as all the others and their little side projects, like Pipa and her music, and Anthony with his photography.

Craig was doing Sky TV travel shows before he joined QVC, are they just reshowing those rather than getting new done?

All QVC presenters are freelance and usually profess to have their own companies, whether they do or not is doubtful. I saw Craig on the holiday channel and thought that it could have been from a couple of years ago. QVC could stipulate, however, that desepite the freelance status, they can only work for them. I used to feel that they did this with vendors, but that seems to have changed as they do IW as well as QVC. I believe QVC are perhaps feeling the effects of the recession as much as most of us.

A lot of freelance workers do set up their own companies as there are lots of advantages in doing so.

Latest posts

Back