Lulu

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
Check out Lulu on the Mail website today. Sorry, don't know how to post a link (lol)
They reckon that her face on the cover of her book was airbrushed............perish the thought:angel:

Personally, I think it's disgusting of QVC that Lulu is allowed to have her shows and try and sell her products by saying it's those that have kept her looking young! Although she admits to having had Botox in the past, she says she no longer has it. That's probably true, she probably goes for the new laser pulse treatment or whatever it's called - and fillers. Sheesh.

It's like Demi Moore doing the same thing. I think Demi looks lovely, but at least she owns up to having the work done that she has.

I really can't stand Lulu.

Caught a bit of an interview with her last week in the afternoon (think it was with Alan Titchmarsh?).

She was asked whether she had ever had any plastic surgery or botox and she totally denied it. :smirk:

She is such a liar!!! she looks like that Chucky doll thing in the horror films. I think that the pressure on older women to look young is almost as bad as the pressure on young girls to be skinny and perfect. Fashion and beauty should be for pleasure and celebrating our feminnity and individuality. Why is it shamefull and almost a criminal act to age. I am not immune from the pressure, I hate getting lines and wrinkles but it is part of life, oh I am very cross today!!

She is such a liar!!! she looks like that Chucky doll thing in the horror films. I think that the pressure on older women to look young is almost as bad as the pressure on young girls to be skinny and perfect. Fashion and beauty should be for pleasure and celebrating our feminnity and individuality. Why is it shamefull and almost a criminal act to age. I am not immune from the pressure, I hate getting lines and wrinkles but it is part of life, oh I am very cross today!!

Spot on silversequin! Good to get it off your chest!! :clapping:

She makes me want to shout :headbang: So much for her time bomb.

Of course she has had treatments on her face and the photo on her book cover has obviously been airbrushed. What annoys me is that she has the nerve to go on tv to sell her book and products claiming that its all down to her looking after herself, when in fact its down to the amount of money she has made from customers and being able to afford expensive treatments.

She makes me want to shout :headbang: So much for her time bomb.

Classic quote!!! Yes, she has really been annoying me too lately with all her press. She looks like the bride of wildenstein (sp) with her puffed up perfect cheeks. And her annoying little girl voice - grr! I think she has psychological issues, she seems to be stuck in a mental timewarp, she still thinks she's 18 and rebelling against her old woman body. She's a joke, bless her!

Classic quote!!! Yes, she has really been annoying me too lately with all her press. She looks like the bride of wildenstein (sp) with her puffed up perfect cheeks. And her annoying little girl voice - grr! I think she has psychological issues, she seems to be stuck in a mental timewarp, she still thinks she's 18 and rebelling against her old woman body. She's a joke, bless her!

not a fan then, i take it...:giggle:

OK people lets look at the fact, just the facts.

Late last year on BBC4 they had a series called British Queens of Music and repeated some shows from the sixties. Sandie Shaw, Dusty Springfield and Lulu's. Back then in her twenties Lulu was a good size 12/14 and had a round baby face.

Move forward in time(hums Doctor Who Theme), and Lulu is 61 and I will say a size 6 or 8.
No way would her face look how it does now being that slim and that age. Everything drops, well known fact they say as you get older pick your face or your hips. You can either be thin and have a drawn thin face or have more meat on your bones and have a better face.

So logic says Lulu has had work done, botox your forehead cannot move so somthing has to. Hence the wrinkly eyes, I say look at Kylie as another example of this. She has quite wrinkly eyes though the rest of her face hasn't moved in years. Lulu the cheeks are plumped up(someone's hamster wants their food back), so alot of fillers in there. Looking at the old tv shows she had thin lips and they get thinner as you get older. So fillers in there again, plus in the lines from nose to lips.

The photo on the jacket of the book is so airbrushed makes you want to go get your eyes tested fearing you are going blind.

I fall into the category of more meat on me bones and few wrinkles at 52 so I guess I've chosen to let go of the hips.........or did they choose me? lol

There's something hard about Lulu (her forehead!) I wouldn't want to cross her:angry::angry:

its not just her face its her thick hair full of extensions and her lovely but mad hairdresser!

Talking of Bride of Wildenstein had anyone seen those recent pics of Carla Bruni? She has now got that slanted cat eyes look and ultra smooth forehead, she looks very strange. I personally used to think she was really lovely, now she just looks odd, pretty sure she's only early 40's too. As for Lulu, she could guest as an alien on Dr Who and I think Kylie is going the same way, come to think of it she has been on Dr Who!

Last edited:
Yes, I agree about Carla Bruni - I was quite shocked to see her recent pictures. Why can't these people see how awful they look?!

Lulu's skincare range holds the dubious honour of being the first product I ever returned to QVC - it was total crap imho. Still, I'd only myself to blame for being suckered into ordering it as a tsv!

I always thought Time Bomb was an odd name for an anti - aging skin care range, it implies that the stuff is a temporary fix until the inevitable happens and your face explodes with wrinkles ..or you go under the knife. I haven't seen anyone actually rave about her products except AY and Lulu!

Latest posts

Back