Best body cream / oil after weight loss.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cazimag

Registered Shopper
I am wondering about buying a body cream to help skin elasticity after losing two and half stone. I have more to lose unfortunately :angry: and have seen some of the ladies on the forum mention they have lost several stones in weight. I wondered what did you use to help you?

I have looked at the Elemis easy pays and am wondering about the Monoi oil or the Vitamin Rich Body cream. I remember AY saying that Decleor is good for keeping skin supple.

Any suggestions?! :clapping:

I have lost 3st 4lbs so far, and to be honest never noticed any different with the skin on my body, it seems to have strunk back with me. Have to be honest didn't even think about it either. I use L'Occitane shea body lotion which came in TSVs.

I've lost 5 stones and my skin looks o.k. I use Palmer's cocoa butter because it's both cheap and effective and I like the smell!

I am very impressed by the weight losses. Well done donna25 and Artemis!:clapping:

I hope I can do as well!

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been lucky so far that I have had no problem with skin elasticity but have been hearing horror stories from ladies at my slimming club. One lady who lost six stone has big problems and has been very upset with the results of her weight loss. I am exercising as I am losing weight to avoid this problem.

I wondered if a good moisturising cream would help. I have been looking at the QVC website and like the look of the Liz Earle Superskin or the L'Ocitane one. I didn't get the TSV unfortunately.:envy:

Any more ideas or recommendations?

I am very impressed by the weight losses. Well done donna25 and Artemis!:clapping:

I hope I can do as well!

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been lucky so far that I have had no problem with skin elasticity but have been hearing horror stories from ladies at my slimming club. One lady who lost six stone has big problems and has been very upset with the results of her weight loss. I am exercising as I am losing weight to avoid this problem.

I wondered if a good moisturising cream would help. I have been looking at the QVC website and like the look of the Liz Earle Superskin or the L'Ocitane one. I didn't get the TSV unfortunately.:envy:

Any more ideas or recommendations?

Why is she upset if she has lost 6 stone?

Why is she upset if she has lost 6 stone?

I think her expectations were a bit unrealistic. She keeps saying she wants plastic surgery! I think another factor is she lost the weight very quickly and didn't exercise so she feels she has swopped one problem for another. It is quite sad really.

unfortunately, she sort of proves the point that you have to take it steady & exercise, if at all possible.

i lost 6 stone over a period of 18 months or so nearly 10 years ago now (sigh) & my skin was fine but i was exercising aswell. i didn't keep it off, but that's another story!

i use bio oil, when i remember, or soap & glory stuff. keeps me smooth & smelling nice!

good luck on your journey Cazimag :)

I s it perhaps an age thing? If you're younger when you loose the weight your skin is more flexible and will shrink back when you loose the weight. I'm in my 50s and trying to loose weight, but I have to say that there are certain areas of my body I am worried about because of skin elasticity and the areas cannot be exercised.

unfortunately, she sort of proves the point that you have to take it steady & exercise, if at all possible.

i lost 6 stone over a period of 18 months or so nearly 10 years ago now (sigh) & my skin was fine but i was exercising aswell. i didn't keep it off, but that's another story!

i use bio oil, when i remember, or soap & glory stuff. keeps me smooth & smelling nice!

good luck on your journey Cazimag :)

Thanks, Lexxy!

Thanks for the tip about Bio oil. I wondered whether it was good.

I think losing the weight over a longer time is important as it gives your body time to adjust. Six stone is an amazing achievement. I really hope to try to keep the weight off this time! :wait:

I s it perhaps an age thing? If you're younger when you loose the weight your skin is more flexible and will shrink back when you loose the weight. I'm in my 50s and trying to loose weight, but I have to say that there are certain areas of my body I am worried about because of skin elasticity and the areas cannot be exercised.

Thanks spurs!

I think this is what bothered me about the lady at the slimming club. I have lost weight before in my twenties and had no problems. This time I am dieting in my forties and wanted to avoid this issue. I am using body lotion every day but wondered whether there are some that are better than others.

Liz Earle is always emphasising that her ingredients are skin nourishing so I have looked at the Superskin Body lotion and it is more than I want to pay for a body lotion. If it helps though I would be tempted!

Good luck with your weight loss, spurs.

sagging skin nature or nurture

some folks will lose weight and thier skin will respond well and they will not get any sagging or streatch marks others will.

i have lost about 10 stones and i will continue to lose the weight but have found that even with everyday use of l'occitane body lotion and good quality skin care and going to the gym 4 times a week generally some parts of my boddy will never really be on open show again...lol!

however i have a great neck and my face has remained line and sag free so i am happy about that tbh.

i have friends who have satyed the same weight and are not over weight ever and they still have some saggin mainly due to their age.

i suggest you keep losing the weight and keep using good moisturisers.also avoid harsh shower product l'occitane do some lovely shower creams which dont strip the skin.decleor do some body oils for slacking skin. while i like using them as they do make the skin look nice and add to moisturisation but i dont rate them any better than anything else. when the skin has gone it has suerly gone.

plastic surgery anyone?

Well done on the weight loss. I like Dove Pro Age body butter, sinks in really well and seems to keep skin soft for ages. Can't vouch for any anti sagging effect, but it is affordable and you can dress straight after using which is a quality I like. Packaging very dull but then hey you can't have everything!

some folks will lose weight and thier skin will respond well and they will not get any sagging or streatch marks others will.

i have lost about 10 stones and i will continue to lose the weight but have found that even with everyday use of l'occitane body lotion and good quality skin care and going to the gym 4 times a week generally some parts of my boddy will never really be on open show again...lol!

however i have a great neck and my face has remained line and sag free so i am happy about that tbh.

i have friends who have satyed the same weight and are not over weight ever and they still have some saggin mainly due to their age.

i suggest you keep losing the weight and keep using good moisturisers.also avoid harsh shower product l'occitane do some lovely shower creams which dont strip the skin.decleor do some body oils for slacking skin. while i like using them as they do make the skin look nice and add to moisturisation but i dont rate them any better than anything else. when the skin has gone it has suerly gone.

plastic surgery anyone?

Great post, boffy.

I am incredibly impressed with your weight loss. What an achievement! :clapping:

Great advice. I have ordered the L'Occitane kit with the shea shower gel, body lotion and 100% shea butter so that I can look after my skin as I diet.

Hopefully I won't have the problems that the lady I know has but I will be healthier whatever happens.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back