ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

SleepingBeauty

Guest Shopper
Has anybody bought these? They look lovely, although i think they're
overpriced especially when adding P&P :eek:, When i have time i make
my own, it helps having an apple tree:) and they dont cost much:cool:

I've bought them before but never by mail order.

You can get them at garden/country shows and garden centres - I get mine from Pohill in Kent,

They're good quality (for example the chicken ones contain lots of lean meat) but are definitely a treat at those prices.

I've tried some meat and fruit pies but I really don't like the pastry much prefer the pies from my local farmer's market absolutely jam packed with either fruit or meat yummy

Love the meat and some of the fruit pies although nearly lapsed into a sugar induced coma with the apple pie after we heated it up, I think that on is best served cold.

I've bought them direct from Lime Tree and found the quality to vary. All the pies in my first order were excellent but I felt the fillings had deteriorated when I tried them a second time. As a result I haven't bought them again.

We don't eat many pies and if I haven't made my own I now tend to buy from the local butcher. His wife makes the most delicious ones, all packed with the most tender juicy meats - hardly worth me putting in the effort myself really!!!

the fruit ones certainly looked yummy when I tuned in but when you have to buy so many in a pack at those prices, they become less appealing and we'd never get through them before they went off as we don't eat that many pies in a year.

We got one at the Ideal Home show, it was Apricot and Apple I think and it was lovely but not worth buying mail order.

Was that in Glasgow SECC in November Sazza?

Has anyone tried the cakes? carrot,date and walnut,chocolate fudge and lemon drizzel - these are sold as a pack under the one item number(£22 + p&p) - i love afternoon tea/coffee and cake and am so tempted - i'm a home baker and would only pay this kind of money for "exceptionally great cakes" - sorry Mr Kipling(the cakeman not the bagman!!) Linda

Carrot cake was delicious, chocolate fudge was lovely, the lemon drizzel was just that a drizzel.

If you want reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyy nice cakes I would suggest you go for clams cake OH MY GOD I AM IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

Wow this thread is making me hungry.

Don't you find the forced expressions pulled by the presenters after tasting a lime tree pie hilarious. They are nice pies but there is no need to raise the eyebrows so high that they look that they are going to merge with the presenters hair.

Was that in Glasgow SECC in November Sazza?

Has anyone tried the cakes? carrot,date and walnut,chocolate fudge and lemon drizzel - these are sold as a pack under the one item number(£22 + p&p) - i love afternoon tea/coffee and cake and am so tempted - i'm a home baker and would only pay this kind of money for "exceptionally great cakes" - sorry Mr Kipling(the cakeman not the bagman!!) Linda

Yes it was Oct/Nov time at the SECC :D

Latest posts

Back