Lime Tree Pies... anyone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have brought the Pies both Sweet & Savoury from Lime Tree themselves & another Shopping Channel in the Past,The Steak & Kidney Pies taste out of this world the Best Steak & Kidney Pie I have had in my 42 Years,The Sweet Pies especially the Ones with Apricot & Orange in are Delicious with either Whipped Cream Or if I feel particularly Naughty Loads of Clotted Cream,It makes my Mouth Water just Thinking about it.I know it's a bit early to mention the Christmas Word,But has anyone Ever tried a Lime Tree Christmas Pudding.

Never tried the Christmas pudding, Have you?

And plus it never to early to mention Christmas dear.:D

I've tried the fruit and meat pies

I tried these last year and would not buy again. They were
tiddly and the pastry just fell apart. Very fatty!
There is shortcrust and shortcrust. It should not just give up the will to live!

The fruit ones were sickly sweet. They might as well of just
stuck jam in them for the filling.
Certainly not worth the money they ask.

I make my own now and just freeze them.

Carrot cake was delicious, chocolate fudge was lovely, the lemon drizzel was just that a drizzel.

If you want reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyy nice cakes I would suggest you go for clams cake OH MY GOD I AM IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

Thanks Yazrose - i think i'll try them!! Is the clams cake a LTP product? and what is Clams cake? - sounds a bit fishy?!?

Yes it was Oct/Nov time at the SECC :D

Many Thanks Sazzax

Thanks Yazrose - i think i'll try them!! Is the clams cake a LTP product? and what is Clams cake? - sounds a bit fishy?!?

Whats an LTP product hun?

Clams cakes is a welsh company hun, make the cakes to order. they are so good.

www.clamscakes.co.uk :) have a good look hun. The ginger one is just like the McVities ginger one. The Brownies are just divine and the Pumpkin Flapjacks are just as good but being Flapjacks are chewy.

My favourite is the Coconut cake, I am told the Barabrith is fabulous.

The sizes are misleading imo cause the small is really quite big for a small cake and the large is, well you will see if you order it but you can freeze them I believe, I have never gotten that far though. I only ever get the large if my sis+husband+5 kids, my mum and brother are down, thats how large they are.

The coconut cake is lovely with some warm melted chocolate for a real treat.
Tha cake are not to sweet and you can tell they are hand made as well and not mass produced, if you like Welsh-Cake you can ring them and they make them to order but I think you have to send of a cheque for that though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back