You too could look like...Katie Price?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm just running my Ronseal bath as I type. I plan to be wearing a leather look belt for my photo, a la Jodie Marsh. Just a leather belt. I shall have not one, but two male lovers with me, both of whom are called Jose and both of whom smell of Paco Rabanne. I will be showing off my donor sperm baby bump for the first time (it came from sperm sent in by a well wisher). If you could give me a yell and let me know who you are I'll do my best fish wife trout pout and stick my bum cheeks toward the camera. I will also remember to call my two male lovers Pete and treat them like plop on a stick.

See you there! :D

You'll know me-- I'm the one on the push bike, will try not to fall off into the gutter but am very @ home there. Not sure about the belt look--very last year---needs a twist to update.-Me thinks you have Glen aka QVC fashion guru as your stylist? Max Clifford is standing by, I see £££££££££'s You will not be buying FROM QCV you will OWN it--now start thinking of the changes you'll make!!!!

I think I may be going against the whole forum here, but for what it is worth, I feel quite sorry for Katie Price and can see how Cheryl Cole is inspirational....now, let me explain:

I do not know either of them, nor have I followed them but I get the impression that Katie is nothing more than a product of our celebrity times...while she has done some very peculiar things and made some poor judgments (eg the amount of plastic surgery she has had transforming her from a once pretty girl to something exaggerated and fake), I get the impression this is done out of a need for attention and the knowledge that she will get paid plenty of attention and money if she does so.

Whilst Cheryl is not the role model I would want as an ideal...I would much prefer a savvy business woman like Anita Roddick, a strong political campaigner like Hilary Clinton or plenty of others...but, she has risen from a very poor background and used her talent to create a secure future for herself. I have laughed at her and wondered how she has got the airtime she has done, but she is both incredibly beautiful and savvy...and she has done it all herself. Yes, I know she has the famous rich husband but the work she has put in has been her own...while she is not the ideal inspirational figure, she is a step in the right direction.

That said, I do not have any desire for either of them - or those in the same group - to invade my life at every turn...in fact, I feel my life would be positively enriched if I could rid it of influences such as this...and although all of my friends and family feel the same way, I have no idea how these personalities become so huge....I keep hoping the tide is turning...but then another dreadful reality show pops up (I say dreadful as there are plenty of reality shows that I think are very interesting - Faking It, Secret Millionaire, Risking It All etc)....

I think that Katie Price may welll be a true narcissist in that she only can comprehend anything from the point of view of how it affects her. Of course I do not know the woman and can only base my opinion of what I cannot avoid seeing and knowing about her. I wonder what she willl be like as she gets older? she'll have even more surgery of course..........

To be honest I don't think Cheryl deserves much of the credit for her sucess. She has an average voice (she sang live on Radio 1 recently and it was hideous) and got famous on the back of a heavily funded and backed TV show. She has a team of stylists, managers, assistants, makeup artists etc to keep her looking as good as she does (along with hair extensions and porcelain veneers!!) and her publicity is all carefully managed to ensure we see the side of her her management wants us to see. I don't think she's a bad person or anything, i just don't think she deserves credit for working her way up. I fail to see how she's an inspiration as to me she embodies the worst of celeb culture these days: get famous for having a tiny amount of talent, change everything about the way you look, marry a footballer then every time you change your pants tell Hello all about it with exclusive pictures. Hardly something for girls to aspire to!

I absolutely agree with you and Clinton, Roddick etc being far more suitable role models. I'd also add in there the female Olympians who were so sucessful at the last games.

Tx

RedT: I know what you mean...and do agree with you for the most part. I guess that I always feel quite sorry for someone who has such huge media coverage....yes, I know they have lots of money and opportunities, but it comes at a price and I do not just mean personal freedom...I mean the level of insecurity in breeds is ridiculous and no-one really deserves it...and while I am aware that most of the people who find themselves in this situation are making the decision to pursue fame (and certainly Cheryl and Katie are doing so) I do wonder both about how fully informed anyone can be and the fact that something as intimate and difficult as dealing with a divorce/potential divorce can be conducted in public must be incredibly difficult...

I do agree that Cheryl's transformation has been focused on her physical side and due in large part to her team of stylists, etc. That said, I do think her talent is more than her voice...her tenacity and work ethic have been key also.

But, the important thing is that no-one on this thread is happy with her being an inspirational figure and we both agree on the kind of role models we would prefer...(so, at least I do not feel like the lunatic in the corner chanting to myself!!!)...and the thing I despair of is the general public...not the figures they put on a pedestal, but those that put them there...

What I struggle with is that I really had to sit and have a think about who I think is a truly inspirational woman as the media is clogged with WAGS, models etc and the emphasis on looks rather than intellligence seems to even more tyranical than when I was growing up. Agree about Hilary Clinton and Anita Roddick and when I had had another think I came up with J K Rowling, Sara Payne and them I got stuck again. Women still are judged on what they look like rather than what they actually achieve.

Latest posts

Back