Julia in the Beauty Hour just now

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
I've noticed she does this a lot and it actually comes across as very rude...

La Coupe had some products featuring during the hour and one of them was a Hairspray which was being demonstrated. Half way through, the guest presenter invited Julia to touch the model's hair to prove the hairspray wasn't drying or sticky. Julia just dismissed it and said

'I really hate hairspray and hate using it...' :cheeky:

The guest looked really annoyed - and not surprisingly:envy:. Fair enough, she doesn't like it - but you just don't say that in front of someone whose product it is! She does it a lot with other guests too, prime example was the other week with Michele Hope - saying to her she looked at one of her items on the rail and thought 'No, I really don't like that...' :wink:...

(Ok, so maybe it was justifed with Michele... :wink: )

I just caught a glimpse of the diamonique hour and she had to mention again that her daughter is working for qvc, i guess the girlband didn't work out ....??
Her son is also working for qvc, this is true nepotism!
If it is your own company, fine, you call the shots. I am sure that she has been nagging for ages with HR and the directors to get her kids on the qvc payroll

I have heard her be very spiteful then do the ooopsie did I say something bad? routine. I cannot abide spite and I am very wary of anyone who'd behave in such a way. There's another presenter up there that does much the same and I now won't watch her.

yup I heard that about her daughter, I wonder what it is like working in the same place as your mum? especially when your mum sees the workplace as her kingdom or should that be queendom?

yup I heard that about her daughter, I wonder what it is like working in the same place as your mum? especially when your mum sees the workplace as her kingdom or should that be queendom?

Empire I imagine, complete with crystal palace as its showpiece/laughing stock.:cheeky:

La Coupe had some products featuring during the hour and one of them was a Hairspray which was being demonstrated. Half way through, the guest presenter invited Julia to touch the model's hair to prove the hairspray wasn't drying or sticky. Julia just dismissed it and said

The guest looked really annoyed - and not surprisingly:envy:. Fair enough, she doesn't like it - but you just don't say that in front of someone whose product it is! She does it a lot with other guests too, prime example was the other week with Michele Hope - saying to her she looked at one of her items on the rail and thought 'No, I really don't like that...' :wink:...

One of the things I like about Julia is she's quite honest and if she's not keen on something or doesn't think it would suit her personally she will say so, which I prefer to some of the other presenters who apparently use and LOVE LOVE LOVE absolutely everything they demonstrate.

She does usually qualify her comments though, ie saying if you have thin or straight hair you will like this, even though it's not for her. But I didn't hear the La Coupe comment and that does sound like she was rude to the guest. :sad:

Fair play to her for the Michele Hope comment though, I loathe that fake, pretentious woman & she needs to be told that most of her designs are hideous overpriced tat IMO :giggle:

I am confused, not difficult, I know :giggle:!, I thought JR and the rest of the presenters were there to "Sell, Sell, Sell..." albeit in a bit of a soft focus kind of way..... Surely, saying, "I don't like this or that...." is counter-productive, especially if the presenter has a bit of a following. Or are they allowing her to show more of her "personality", hmm. I have to admit in the old days when the launch of the TSV was an "event" in my house, if any of the presenters I liked (I have to admit to being a load more discerning and chary of P&P nowadays) had said, "I don't like...." whatever the item might have been, I really might have thought twice about purchasing it.

Think she may have gotten out of the wrong side of the bed this morning,

Just caught a bit of the diamonique hour earlier, where there'd been some sort of cock up involving one of the colours of a ring not being available. Just heard her say something to the effect of "OH right FINE - FORGET IT THEN!" and slammed a diamonique box shut, just when it was in mid close up shot. Came across as downright stroppy to me.

Did not watch today, had more than enough yesterday during Smashbox. She totally overwhelmed the guest, repeated what she had said, and did not allow her to talk about her own products. when she is on her own, and on form, she can be very helpful and thorough explaining the products, but this constant showing off and going one better is not only sheer bad manners but totally unprofessional.

She looks a mess and needs sorting out.

As for Jill Franks and Smashbox - will not go there except to say whichever show she is presenting I could care less which of the products she uses, it is all about her. They are very highly paid sales persons for goodness sake!

Did not watch today, had more than enough yesterday during Smashbox. She totally overwhelmed the guest, repeated what she had said, and did not allow her to talk about her own products. when she is on her own, and on form, she can be very helpful and thorough explaining the products, but this constant showing off and going one better is not only sheer bad manners but totally unprofessional.

She looks a mess and needs sorting out.

As for Jill Franks and Smashbox - will not go there except to say whichever show she is presenting I could care less which of the products she uses, it is all about her. They are very highly paid sales persons for goodness sake!

JF totally spoilt the 6pm Smashbox show y/day. :emo:

I couldn't stop laughing at Julia yesterday demo-ing the pink Birkis in those ridiculous leggings and voluminous kaftanny thing, banging on about her high in step and "daaancers" feet form her price is right days!!!

Julia inthe Beauty Hour just now

JF totally spoilt the 6pm Smashbox show y/day. :emo:
body

Yes Sazza, she was like a spoilt child at a party. So difficult for the guests to show their products and explain. I adore Nina, think she is terrific, but she might as well have stayed at home.

It has been said on here a zillion times already, we want to hear the guests, not the presenters. why doesn't anybody at Tatty Towers ever listen?

I couldn't stop laughing at Julia yesterday demo-ing the pink Birkis in those ridiculous leggings and voluminous kaftanny thing, banging on about her high in step and "daaancers" feet form her price is right days!!!

But Julia's high instep and daaaancer's calves and/or feet are legends in their own lifetime, and should really have a show of their own by now. Or perhaps they already do - she seems to put her foot in it in most of her hours these days...

I feel like I know far too much about Jullia which is partly my fault having QVC on too much. I know that she favours purple, has a high instep, wide "dancers' calves" (I personally have wide calves cos I was born with them!), her daughter works at QVC, she has a cat tho I can't recall its name, she has a holiday home, she is "writing a book", she keeps threatening\promising to cut her hair. She is a size 12\14. I know absolutely nothing about the check out staff atmy local Asda...........hmm there's a lesson there somewhere

But Julia's high instep and daaaancer's calves and/or feet are legends in their own lifetime, and should really have a show of their own by now. Or perhaps they already do - she seems to put her foot in it in most of her hours these days...

the black wedgie mules can be supporting artistes!

I think Julia is getting worse of late. I used to appreciate her honesty regarding colours and how an item fits and so on. However, at the moment she is being very diva like and it is making me not want to watch her.

Now I know we can all have the odd off day but with Ms Roberts it seems to be every time she's on air. If I was that rude and behaved that way at work then I wouldn't be allowed to get away with it so why should JR?

Thanks for that - got my day started with a chuckle. The presenters exist in a qvc bubble where they get freebies, facials, tickets to this or that and clearly come to think of themselves as terribly interesting and important. I think though that most of them have failed in their attempts to crack the big time in showbiz or stage and screen by the time they wash up on qvc's shores as glorified shop girls and boys. Fine, there's a market for them but they are not the creme de la creme in any way and quite a few of them should be cast adrift once and for all. Come on qvc - canvass your viewers' opinions on products and presenters.

Totally agree Bea, I think many of them would struggle in a real shop, can you imgine JF, JR or AY stuck behind a counter in say Debenhams, Boots, John Lewis etc, (or maybe on the till in a Pound shop if I am feeling a bit cruel).

Latest posts

Back