Julia in the Beauty Hour just now

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally agree Bea, I think many of them would struggle in a real shop, can you imgine JF, JR or AY stuck behind a counter in say Debenhams, Boots, John Lewis etc, (or maybe on the till in a Pound shop if I am feeling a bit cruel).

What a thought. You'd never be able to get away - pinned to the counter and forced to listen to how fab they used to be. Might have to call the men in white coats.

I feel like I know far too much about Jullia which is partly my fault having QVC on too much. I know that she favours purple, has a high instep, wide "dancers' calves" (I personally have wide calves cos I was born with them!), her daughter works at QVC, she has a cat tho I can't recall its name, she has a holiday home, she is "writing a book", she keeps threatening\promising to cut her hair. She is a size 12\14. I know absolutely nothing about the check out staff atmy local Asda...........hmm there's a lesson there somewhere

Julia isn't the only presenter to bore one with their personal details,a few days ago JF's was presenting a programme that I would have liked to watch, but after hearing about her hubby,her dog,her girlfriends, the new cream dress that she had just bought plus the new shoes. I lost the wil to live and switched over, she puddled my brain that much I can't even remember what the product was.

I feel like I know far too much about Jullia which is partly my fault having QVC on too much. I know that she favours purple, has a high instep, wide "dancers' calves" (I personally have wide calves cos I was born with them!), her daughter works at QVC, she has a cat tho I can't recall its name, she has a holiday home, she is "writing a book", she keeps threatening\promising to cut her hair. She is a size 12\14. I know absolutely nothing about the check out staff atmy local Asda...........hmm there's a lesson there somewhere

Hear hear! I was only saying to mum the other day that I don't want to get the life story from the person behind the till everytime I shop somewhere. I know the presenters need to make you feel like they're your friends to encourage buying but do (m)any of us really care? Note to Jill franks - I really couldn't give a stuff where you're planning to take your next holiday or what clothes you co-ordinated with on any given morning.

And I'd hate to have to work in the same office as mum if my mum was like her. I have worked with my mum in the past and it was fine because my mum wasn't trying to convince herself she was half her age and trying to compete with her kids!

Julia's dancing calves - makes her sound like the ultimate sugar plum fairy :D Isn't the old slang for a dancer a "hoofer"? Most of them seem to have claimed to be one and some even look like one ;)

Last edited:
Julia is definitely getting worse. I used to think she was OK and could give the relevant information clearly and address the issues I wanted. She has always been a nightmare with Simon Butler but I am finding her unbearable when she is selling shoes. If I have to hear one more mention of her tiny feet, her high insteps, her big toe joint - for crying out loud! her dancer's calves - FGS we don't care. Why doesn't she just describe the products? She was excruciating on the Smashbox hour - talking about 'my' purple eyeliner - as if we would all go and buy it because it was her favourite. Rant over.

Caught a little of JR later that evening in the jacqueline kennedy collection?

She was particularly rude to the american guest.He commented a few times that you could take your watch to the mall to have it adjusted and she flew in after a while about we don't have malls but you could take it to the jewellers with a smile and an evil stare into the camera.

All she had to say was that we call malls shopping centres here - after all we do have malls/shopping centres Julia!!

Caught a little of JR later that evening in the jacqueline kennedy collection?

She was particularly rude to the american guest.He commented a few times that you could take your watch to the mall to have it adjusted and she flew in after a while about we don't have malls but you could take it to the jewellers with a smile and an evil stare into the camera.

All she had to say was that we call malls shopping centres here - after all we do have malls/shopping centres Julia!!

big boooooo to Julia for that one, I've never bought any Jackie Kennedy stuff, but I like listening to the chap giving the history behind the original pieces....shame that NONE of the presenters ever seem to allow him to finish what he's saying! :sad:

big boooooo to Julia for that one, I've never bought any Jackie Kennedy stuff, but I like listening to the chap giving the history behind the original pieces....shame that NONE of the presenters ever seem to allow him to finish what he's saying! :sad:

No i've never bought into either but like you love to listen to the guest.

i think qvc needs to pull her to one side and tell her to do her job professionally and not to publisize her private life and personnal details (it'll be her piles next!), seeing as, we, the general public, pay her wages, her sons wages, and now her daughters wages, with our purchases!

She was downright bliddy rude to the man from La Coupe who made the mistake of commenting that a particular product would be great for a wedding hairstyle. Well, she jumped down his throat and told him he was obsessed with weddings and who was getting married these days anyway......so rude, the poor man looked terrified :sad:

She was downright bliddy rude to the man from La Coupe who made the mistake of commenting that a particular product would be great for a wedding hairstyle. Well, she jumped down his throat and told him he was obsessed with weddings and who was getting married these days anyway......so rude, the poor man looked terrified :sad:

That's deplorable. I know from personal experience that sometimes it is almost more than a person can manage to nail a smile on their face and be pleasant to the world when there may be awful things in their life but particularly when you are paid to I believe you just have to get on with it and not bring your baggage to work. Also there's a lot of truth in keep your words soft and sweet in case you ever have to eat them.

Thats 'cause her and the sainted Chris have never got married:sleepy:

I think JR is going through the menopause and is having mood swings. QVC you need to start selling HRT.

I agree with you Donna, perhaps she is going through the menopause. I started going through it when I was 44 and my moods swing from happy to very bad mood very easily!!

I am not sticking up for JR as I find her too painful to watch.

If she is not going through the menopause then she is simply too far up her own bottom!!

IMO JR’s a bitter, washed up has been (or should that be never been), with stars in her eyes. I stopped watching JR a long time ago, she’s nothing but a wind-up merchant. :devil::drunk::tongue::cheeky:

because she is in a committed relationship and wears them as a commitment ring?

It always seems irrational to me, to reject the idea of a conventional marital commitment, but make use of the symbol of that traditional commitment. If you don't need 'a piece of paper' to cement your dedication to the relationship, why on earth would you deploy the traditional rings as a public display?

Seems to me she's caught between the image of herself as a luscious free spirit, and the alternative image of an ageing fool who no-one could be bothered to put a ring on.

I've noticed she does this a lot and it actually comes across as very rude...

La Coupe had some products featuring during the hour and one of them was a Hairspray which was being demonstrated. Half way through, the guest presenter invited Julia to touch the model's hair to prove the hairspray wasn't drying or sticky. Julia just dismissed it and said

'I really hate hairspray and hate using it...' :cheeky:

The guest looked really annoyed - and not surprisingly:envy:. Fair enough, she doesn't like it - but you just don't say that in front of someone whose product it is! She does it a lot with other guests too, prime example was the other week with Michele Hope - saying to her she looked at one of her items on the rail and thought 'No, I really don't like that...' :wink:...

(Ok, so maybe it was justifed with Michele... :wink: )

She has changed a lot since I started watching QVC about 16 years ago.

You're never more than a couple of minutes from a reference to son and/or daughter Sophie when JR's on.

She seems to behave these days as though she were indispensable to QVC, as though they'll never get rid of her. The mind sometimes runs away with itself and imagines in 2060, JR co-presenting Pilates as a lady in her mid 90's with Marjolein's grand-daughter.

It's OK, I've snapped out of it! Now where are those tranqs?

I actually don't mind her talking about her kids.

I probably talk about mine more than I realise,I'm proud of them and it probably shows.

As for the wedding rings - this does make me think JR's very insecure about her relationship.Like its been said,why does she need to wear them if shes so sure of her herself and her relationship.

I don't think JR wearing rings on her wedding finger means anything about feeling insecure at all, she probably just likes them. I've been divorced for over 20 years but I wear rings on the wedding finger all the time...just because I like wearing my jewellery. On most bills, bank statements etc I am still shown as 'Mrs' but that's because I really couldn't be arsed to write to all the orgs to get my title changed, plus I don't care what people think my marital status is anyway. :emo:

Latest posts

Back