Larimar - public service announcement

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AllThatGlitters

Registered Shopper
I looked up Larimar on Wiki, mainly to check on the ramblings of Jill Bubblehead Franks.

I came across this interesting fact:

The blue color is photosensitive and fades with time if exposed to too much light and heat.

Hmm. I don't think anyone on QVC has mentioned the fact that we ought to wear it only in dark, cool conditions?

I looked up Larimar on Wiki, mainly to check on the ramblings of Jill Bubblehead Franks.

I came across this interesting fact:

The blue color is photosensitive and fades with time if exposed to too much light and heat.

Hmm. I don't think anyone on QVC has mentioned the fact that we ought to wear it only in dark, cool conditions?

ok I promise I will only wear it in my cave :cheeky:

Wiki aren't known for their accurancy. Apparantly it is not a hard stone but no other websites say it fades

Wiki aren't known for their accurancy.

So true! But actually there are tons of sites that say it fades. Google 'larimar photosensitive' and you get over 600 results, with lots of them saying that the material is photosensitive and that the blue colour fades.

It IS soft, so people should be told to be careful with pieces, particularly rings.

The Larimar we saw in the Caribbean was a much nicer colour than the ones on QVC - they were more sea blue whereas QVC's were greener (or that's the way they appeared on TV)

Ann

You have to be careful with ametrine too - but only if you are in strong sunlight for prolonged periods of time, perhaps larimar is the same?

Latest posts

Back