jill franks pronunciation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree with all of the above. What about the irritating singsong 'lovely to SEE YEW' she greets the guests with.
and ' FOR YEW' ..what about 'sump-phink' too! It makes my teeth go on edge.
She says 'Oh, you know I always like this..., you've probably noticed I wear that... it's a favourite of mine...' NO WE DON'T, WE DON'T LIKE YEW GET IT!
Poor Suzy B last night, She even tried to compare herself withHER... 'Oh yes, we are so alike, got the same style and fashion sense'....excuse me!

I had to laugh when, the night before last, JF described a DIY item as being "a genius product", instead of ingenious. I thought she'd just fluffed the word that time BUT, she then went on to say it three more times after that and once more in the review at the end. How ignorant can she be? The next show was an hour long show about her holidays, Easter eggs, an imminent visit to AY's place, some chat with the producers and, if you got lucky and turned on at just the right moment, there was a couple of minutes of fashion too!

From seeing comments left about other presenters and the promo voice-overs, I get the distinct impression that no-one at QVC knows any better, so there is no-one to correct them.

How do you like this as a new slogan for the channel:
QVC = Quite Vacant, Clearly!

I The next show was an hour long show about her holidays, Easter eggs, an imminent visit to AY's place, some chat with the producers and, if you got lucky and turned on at just the right moment, there was a couple of minutes of fashion too!

How do you like this as a new slogan for the channel:
QVC = Quite Vacant, Clearly!

I obviously did not tune in at the right moment, all I got was waffle about easter eggs, the sizes of which apparantly are in direct correalation to the amount of love her and "hubby" have for each other - pass the sick bag.....:puke:

why does jill franks keep pronouncing Caribbean as keribian? I thought that was how americans pronounce the word. I will be glad once the larimar hour is over.

I pronounce caribbean the same way as Jill. It makes more sense to say it as car-i-bbean than car-a-be-an, IMHO.

I obviously did not tune in at the right moment, all I got was waffle about easter eggs, the sizes of which apparantly are in direct correalation to the amount of love her and "hubby" have for each other - pass the sick bag.....:puke:

Snap! I tuned in at that moment too. His love for her is now so vast that her gargantuan Easter egg had to be specially commissioned by Larry and stored in the garage, only to be eaten by a horde of rats or mice. The way she needs to quote that they say "Oh honey......" makes me cringe. Maybe she has self-esteem issues so she needs to keep on underlining this devotion all the time.

I remember a while back on this very forum, a very prolific poster (no longer with us) was talking about someone being a "pre-Madonna" !!:clapping:

The next show was an hour long show about her holidays, Easter eggs, an imminent visit to AY's place, some chat with the producers and, if you got lucky and turned on at just the right moment, there was a couple of minutes of fashion too!

I caught that show too, unfortunately. The whole hour seemed to be about JF, the easter egg story (rather boastful), the holiday, what happens at home and as the icing on the cake the annoying thing they do when something is said to the presenter thought their earpiece and it's like a private joke.

It really was exceptionally annoying, lord knows why I didn't just switch off!

I remember a T caller calling in to correct Charlie's pronunciation of the word briolette which he used always say as briolay. She said pleasantly that it's briolette just like cigarette. Was he ever on his high horse, he snapped at her that he would have to check with proper authorities (what authorities? it's qvc not Stalinist Russia.) that he could hardly take her word for it. Nice boy:ninja:

Ginetta, the Veronese lady, put him right on that one once, don't know if he still says it.

As for Frank-incense - there is no 'k' at the end of something, nor is there a 'u'. it is not sumfink.

She introduced South Western Silver saying it is produced in Mexico! Er , no. New Mexico, USA. airhead!

Just had to add this one, from the Scholl lady. 'Paintent' rather than patent. What is wrong with these people??!!! So annoying :mysmilie_51:

I heard that one too. I was just going to say that the guests are presumably given a brief to read before the show, but who's to say that 'paintent' doesn't appear there as well.

For me it's not just the pronunciation that irritates, but the choice of words, specifically the increasing use of American phrases - Debbie Greenwood's "often times" being one notable example and I'm sure I've heard a couple of uses of "gotten" and "first of all...second of all". I know they're an American company but grrr...

Last night (or as JR would have it "laaarst evening") JF was on doing fashion accessories. Eventually OH and I became so irritated we muted her and then intermittently turned up the volume and on every occasion bar none we found she was still talking in the most indulgent fashion about herself - her style, what she buys, what she wears, what her 'hubby' says to her about her style, what she buys, what she wears etc.

I try to live by the adage that if I can't think of anything nice to say I shouldn't say anything, but I really do find her unfeasibly irritating. I'm not saying she's a terrible person but I just find that in her presenting style she has not got any redeeming features. I really struggle with her exhaustive inhaling and exhaling, hair and eye flicking, mispronunciation, I could go on but perhaps better not. It's got to the stage where when I see she's presenting I groan and skip shows that I may well have enjoyed and bought from. I do find though that people who are *really* into fitness invariably lack charisma (think Rosemary Connolly...)

Last night (or as JR would have it "laaarst evening") JF was on doing fashion accessories. Eventually OH and I became so irritated we muted her and then intermittently turned up the volume and on every occasion bar none we found she was still talking in the most indulgent fashion about herself - her style, what she buys, what she wears, what her 'hubby' says to her about her style, what she buys, what she wears etc.

Didn't you realise it wasn't a fashion hour it was a Jill Franks hour? I too had the misfortune to watch it.

I saw her with Richard for just a moment but she had a face that would sour a cow never mind a glass of milk which she always seems to have when doing hours she doesn't like. All the presenters have to do naff shows, stop acting like a five year old Jill.

Any excuse to drag out the RJ garden collection....

30kzzmr.jpg

For me it's not just the pronunciation that irritates, but the choice of words, specifically the increasing use of American phrases - Debbie Greenwood's "often times" being one notable example and I'm sure I've heard a couple of uses of "gotten" and "first of all...second of all". I know they're an American company but grrr...

I try to live by the adage that if I can't think of anything nice to say I shouldn't say anything, but I really do find her unfeasibly irritating. I'm not saying she's a terrible person but I just find that in her presenting style she has not got any redeeming features. I really struggle with her exhaustive inhaling and exhaling, hair and eye flicking, mispronunciation, I could go on but perhaps better not. It's got to the stage where when I see she's presenting I groan and skip shows that I may well have enjoyed and bought from. I do find though that people who are *really* into fitness invariably lack charisma (think Rosemary Connolly...)

i live by the adage "if you've nothing nice to say, come sit here and lets have a chat" :grin:

What with Lottie's pics and BurlZ wry comments I am beside myself. Too much for a bank holiday.
Then Debbie G is in the lady garden trimming her bush? Has my daughter put m-cat in me coffee? Can't cope- am off to apply PCMC to my pacific areas of concern as I am really lovin' it.

Latest posts

Back