YBF/Stacey update blog entry

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

what happened between YBF and QVC? never bought the stuff...just intrigued that blog entry seems likem its written from someone on the edge! :sweat:

Most of the IW presenters are a lot more fun than you get on QVC and I think Stacey will get on well there. I never bought much but I used to enjoy watching the shows even if it was just to giggle at how everyone tried to make the Queen Bee JR feel like she looked great without all her makeup ;) A bit of powder, a slap of paint, makes a girl look what she ain't :D

Good luck to Stacey on IW!

I don't think I've ever bought anything from IW, how does it compare to QVC?

tx

Edit: aw, I've just read the blog and I actually think it's quite sweet! A little OTT lately but isn't it nice to see a brand that isn't out to screw people and takes their relationship with customers seriously? I wish Stacey all the best on IW and I guess I'll be tuning in for the eyebrow pencils if nothing else...

Last edited:
I think staceys blog is pretty harmless - I like her and think she has a lot of pain and emotion regarding this.

however as much as I like her, she is there to sell a product - and I couldn't take to ybf,despite loving models prefer.

So I won't be following her to IW.Seems strange to say when I happily watch qvc - but cannot stand IW

I hope YBF/Stacey has some success on IW, but i personally have my reservations, as others have said QVC ex-brands dont seem to last long on IW.
I personally donot trust or infact shop from or watch(except for the occasional quick look whilst channel surfing) IW so i guess i wont be watching Stacey or ordering from YBF again - of late i only used the eyebrow pencil but now love Smashbox browtech.
I would imagine brands like YBF need sizeable orders to allow the low prices we all enjoyed on QVC( as well as their profit margins) therefore "does IW have the spending power to allow the size of orders brands such as YBF/MP need? as well as the trusted customer base that QVC enjoy?"
Staceys appears to be a lovely lady who i think means well but the truth is that she(and her Harvard educated husband David) are very shroud business people who at the end of the day will not continue on any shopping channel/outlet if the money/profit is not being made. I think Stacey and co are heading for another business disappointment in the future if Supernails and Michael Di Cesare are taken as an example of IW taking QVC leftovers.

Phew, that could have been condensed into one paragraph, had to laugh at OXO at the end of the sermon on the mount speil, lower case needed for the UK cos of the gravy connotations. I like Stacey and wish her well, but when all is said and done it is only make up, not a cure for disease.

Phew, that could have been condensed into one paragraph, had to laugh at OXO at the end of the sermon on the mount speil, lower case needed for the UK cos of the gravy connotations. I like Stacey and wish her well, but when all is said and done it is only make up, not a cure for disease.

Why not...if you believed it strong enough. Everything could happen in the YBF world. Stacey is lovely and personable, great qualities to promote a brand and product. However, one needs to have a product and brand first. Best of luck to her, but this is not a company in the making.

Also IW seem to only show about 4 items each hour. They just start at the beginning going over each of the 4 items when then finish showing each one. Its like watching re runs only live.:clock:

I hope YBF/Stacey has some success on IW, but i personally have my reservations, as others have said QVC ex-brands dont seem to last long on IW.
I personally donot trust or infact shop from or watch(except for the occasional quick look whilst channel surfing) IW so i guess i wont be watching Stacey or ordering from YBF again - of late i only used the eyebrow pencil but now love Smashbox browtech.
I would imagine brands like YBF need sizeable orders to allow the low prices we all enjoyed on QVC( as well as their profit margins) therefore "does IW have the spending power to allow the size of orders brands such as YBF/MP need? as well as the trusted customer base that QVC enjoy?"
Staceys appears to be a lovely lady who i think means well but the truth is that she(and her Harvard educated husband David) are very shroud business people who at the end of the day will not continue on any shopping channel/outlet if the money/profit is not being made. I think Stacey and co are heading for another business disappointment in the future if Supernails and Michael Di Cesare are taken as an example of IW taking QVC leftovers.

Browtech has been revamped, now two shades of powder and one section of wax. Also now a browtech on the go pen style product is available.

I hope Ariane Poole doesn't get the elbow for YBF, Ariane rocks! :rock:

I don't think Staceys blog entry is particularly OTT,not for her anyway.I feel sorry for her that she has to go on Ideal World,makes me wonder what the hell is it that couldn't be hammered out behind the scenes with QVC,what made the partnership so unworkable?,love to be a fly on the wall.

Anyway,I dunno why in the heck I would be feeling sorry for a multi-millionairess,ex super-model,lol.

If I were her,I just bail on the whole TV thing and just do mail order.Keep it small,relax and enjoy her hubby and kids.

I suspect that ybf was just not selling enough to keep it on QVC.... the reviews weren't as positive as MP and even lots of the fans say that the brow pencil is all they buy. Don't think QVC would keep a brand going just because Stacey is fun to watch.

I thought there was some lawsuit in the US between her and QVCUS? didnt someone post it on here a while ago? Wasnt it something to do with her wanting to take the brand outside of QVC but the contracts not letting her?

I thought there was some lawsuit in the US between her and QVCUS? didnt someone post it on here a while ago? Wasnt it something to do with her wanting to take the brand outside of QVC but the contracts not letting her?

It was a couple of years ago. When she tried to branch out she was sued by QVC. In the nutshell, there was some misunderstanding as to the 'ownership' of the MP range. QVC claimed sth to the effect that they had the main stake, if not the whole, in the brand, because they had built up the brand. Stacey on the other hand, claimed that QVC did not own the brand in any shape or form. They reached an out-of-court settlement (I haven't read it), but the change of name indicates that she was no longer allowed to use it.

Latest posts

Back