YBF/Stacey update blog entry

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had the heads up on this a few months ago, I have a friend who works as a freelance techie for both, as well as other companies, and he told me Stacy was going to IW.

He said the ego's at QVC are unbelievable, the arrogence of some of the presenters and managers is awful, the way some of them talk to the 'workers' as he calls them is not good. He has seen presenters laughing at some of the stuff they are selling, especially fashion, saying they wouldn't be seen dead in some of it and what sort of people actually wear it, he did name names but I won't post them. I think you can imagine the ones who think they are just too good for this world.

He likes working at IW, he says they are the complete opposite, down to earth and it is very much team work, the presenters are happy to help the floor staff set up and clean up, and there is far less politics, no egos and no taking the micky out of the customers. I asked him about the crafters, because I like their shows, he says Steph, Nancy and Nigal are an absolute pleasure to work with and they are so funny. The other presenters are nice, he says not one of them is anything other than polite and considerate, and always say thanks.

I think Stacy will be ok, I didn't like the way she re-branded and then the prices went up but from the gossip he hears it is QVC who rule the roost with the suppliers, and because they sell so much they can.

I had the heads up on this a few months ago, I have a friend who works as a freelance techie for both, as well as other companies, and he told me Stacy was going to IW.

He said the ego's at QVC are unbelievable, the arrogence of some of the presenters and managers is awful, the way some of them talk to the 'workers' as he calls them is not good. He has seen presenters laughing at some of the stuff they are selling, especially fashion, saying they wouldn't be seen dead in some of it and what sort of people actually wear it, he did name names but I won't post them. I think you can imagine the ones who think they are just too good for this world.
He likes working at IW, he says they are the complete opposite, down to earth and it is very much team work, the presenters are happy to help the floor staff set up and clean up, and there is far less politics, no egos and no taking the micky out of the customers. I asked him about the crafters, because I like their shows, he says Steph, Nancy and Nigal are an absolute pleasure to work with and they are so funny. The other presenters are nice, he says not one of them is anything other than polite and considerate, and always say thanks.

I think Stacy will be ok, I didn't like the way she re-branded and then the prices went up but from the gossip he hears it is QVC who rule the roost with the suppliers, and because they sell so much they can.

but we know most of the fashion is pants too, and we all wonder and post on here as to why anyone would be seen dead in some of it. do we expect the presenters not to have an opinion? as long as they dont express it on camera its up to them surely - perhaps the buyers should be taking notice of their own staff and doing something about it.

if i was a presenter on QVC, i wouldnt consider it my job to clean up or set up. thats what the production assistants are for. and when we do see the assistants briefly on camera they all look a remarkably chirpy lot considering theyre supposed to be so down-trodden.

highly suspicious of "my friend says" posts like this. sorry! :cheeky:

as for stacy, she's a business woman whose just had a major knock by being effectively "demoted" from the biggest shopping channels in the U.S and UK to some awful, tacky looking second rate affair that looks like its thrown together by students on work experience. she will NOT be happy about this, despite the gushing blog entry.

It was a couple of years ago. When she tried to branch out she was sued by QVC. In the nutshell, there was some misunderstanding as to the 'ownership' of the MP range. QVC claimed sth to the effect that they had the main stake, if not the whole, in the brand, because they had built up the brand. Stacey on the other hand, claimed that QVC did not own the brand in any shape or form. They reached an out-of-court settlement (I haven't read it), but the change of name indicates that she was no longer allowed to use it.

Thanks I remember it now.

Does she know what IW's reputation is like as a shopping channel? Bad move in my opinion. Still, better than no outlet at all, I suppose. As with politics and everything else, America sneezes and we all catch a cold!

Last edited:
but we know most of the fashion is pants too, and we all wonder and post on here as to why anyone would be seen dead in some of it. do we expect the presenters not to have an opinion? as long as they dont express it on camera its up to them surely - perhaps the buyers should be taking notice of their own staff and doing something about it.

if i was a presenter on QVC, i wouldnt consider it my job to clean up or set up. thats what the production assistants are for. and when we do see the assistants briefly on camera they all look a remarkably chirpy lot considering theyre supposed to be so down-trodden.

highly suspicious of "my friend says" posts like this. sorry! :cheeky:

as for stacy, she's a business woman whose just had a major knock by being effectively "demoted" from the biggest shopping channels in the U.S and UK to some awful, tacky looking second rate affair that looks like its thrown together by students on work experience. she will NOT be happy about this, despite the gushing blog entry.

I also find this type of post highly suspicious - sounds to me that the poster is a "friend" of IW rather than any techie guest on any shopping channel.
IMO Burly has "hit the nail on the head " with his comment re how Stacey might be feeling - HSN/IW are big come downs compared to QVCUSA/QVCUK IMO.

[/B]

I also find this type of post highly suspicious - sounds to me that the poster is a "friend" of IW rather than any techie guest on any shopping channel.
IMO Burly has "hit the nail on the head " with his comment re how Stacey might be feeling - HSN/IW are big come downs compared to QVCUSA/QVCUK IMO.

I can put your mind at rest, I am not a 'friend' of Ideal World, or QVC, just repeating what I was told by someone I know well enough to trust. People can make their own mind up who they buy from, I buy from both.

Latest posts

Back