Ultrasun ooooh am I peeved!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
Bought the Ultrasun TSV, (yes I know... don't say it) :wonder: it arrived today minus the lipbalm and pump! Am I annoyed!! It's now out of stock, I need it for my pending hols but I don't have the full kit. So will QVC kindly send out the bits I'm missing? Will they b*ggery! Nope they'll expect me to send it back (at my cost) unless I ask them for a freepost label and then I'll have to wait bleedin weeks for a refund and all because someone can't count to 4!! So much for their service!! Ahhh hello... it's a FOUR piece collection, the clue's in the title people!!!!! GGGGRRRRRRRrrrr! OK.... and breathe......rant over!!

I do find qvc's refund process long winded.I know theres no choice - its not like theres a nearby shop you can take the whole back to (I've bought stuff from M&S website and returned it in my local store) - but they're so sooooooooo slow at sending out labels,letters etc..

Thats really bad service on the ultrasun isn't it

Not sure if it's any help here but I had a similar thing happen with a Decleor kit yonks ago. QVC were useless and there was no way I was sending back a heavy cleaner and toner so I contacted Decleor direct and within a few days they sent me out TWO sets of the samples that were missing and an apologetic letter! It might be worth contacting Ultrasun to see if they can help? I think anyone explaining the ridiculous returns procedure from QVC has some chance of being helped.

Tx

Not sure if it's any help here but I had a similar thing happen with a Decleor kit yonks ago. QVC were useless and there was no way I was sending back a heavy cleaner and toner so I contacted Decleor direct and within a few days they sent me out TWO sets of the samples that were missing and an apologetic letter! It might be worth contacting Ultrasun to see if they can help? I think anyone explaining the ridiculous returns procedure from QVC has some chance of being helped.

Tx

What a pain in the proverbial Lilylurknomore (I agree - great name!)

Thanks for the tip RedT, I had something similar happen with Poxytanne a year or so ago and never thought to contact them directly...mind you not sure I wouldn't get short shrift from Alexis Murdoch!

Although not QVC but Ideal World I got a better result contacting the manufacturer. I bought the Cuisinart oven and the bulb went after the second use. IW wanted me to return it and then wait for it to be credited before having a new one. After contacting Cuisinart they arranged to have them swapped at the door and not only that but did it at at date to suit me.

ultrasun 4 piece ?

My "4 piece" set arrived today no lip balm two aftersuns no factor 30 one factor 20.Phoned CS they are sending me a pre-paid label and a new set I have already had a confirmation email saying they have placed the new order and will let me know when it is sent.I hope it will be sent if you are saying it is out of stock!!!Very poor to send out kits not complete etc Anyone else had a problem ???

Mine arrived about 20 mins ago - all complete aand correct. But wierdly we had thought our doorbell/intercom was not working, having not been able to hear the bell earlier in afternoon, but when the delivery man turned up with QVC parcel doorbell/intercom worked! Looks ike even the doorbell is a staunch QVC'er.

In the past when an ordered has arrived incorrect and I have needed it or a replacement urgently, I have told them so and they have either sent a replacement straight away or authorised a refund wthin days. It does seem to depend on which person you speak to,but I have usually found that persistance pays off. If I was you I would have said 'I needed this for my holiday. I now need to buy a replacement and need an immediate refund.' Try it and let us know if they agree!

Update - I did stress I needed the full kit asap for a holiday and they are supposedly sending out the bits I'm missing direct from Ultrasun (fingers crossed). The kit is on waitlist now. We'll see!

I had a leaky item in a Gatineau kit recently and QVC said they'd contact Gatineau (well Andrew Bagley's company in Windsor) and I got a replacement sent direct from them. It's always worth asking, this makes so much more business sense than returning a whole set for the sake a an odd item.

Jude xxx

Mine arrived today - in time for my hols on Sat morning - but boxes were battered and the 500ml had leaked in both sets (ordered 2).
Rang to tell them and they spent ages trying to sort something having asked how much had come out and could they be wiped clean and then used and they would refund postage - errr, no as lids appeared faulty and couldn't be sure they wouldn't leak again in suitcase.
OK, hang on a minute then said they would contact Ultrasun to get them to send out replacements direct.
Would this be in time I asked re the hols ?? Couldn't guarantee as comes from Ultrasun not QVC and was there a neighbour who could take it in for me ??
Who is missing the point here.....told her to hang fire and I would sort on return from hols.

Rant over for now but the more I think about it, I think I'll email them to get a collection and full refund re 30 day mbg. Does this sound reasonable and within my rights ???

Mine arrived yesterday all present and correct with no leakages BUT the box was battered and bashed and my initial thought was oh no ....... but all was well thankfully. I have to say, having heard all the horror stories on this board it will be one stike and they're out for me. In all the 10 years I've been ordering from QVC I've not had any problems with damaged or missing goods but at the first sign of a problem that will be the end of QVC for me if it is as much a hassle as is made out to return goods. I've never even had to return goods as its only really beauty items I order and I'm a bit of a beauty junkie so I usually just keep the items. But I don't have time in my life for all the crap that appears to go on when returning an item. Lifes too short for me. Anyway, rant over !

Mine came this morning, everything is fine. Looking forward to giving these a good test, just need some sunshine...

Rant over for now but the more I think about it, I think I'll email them to get a collection and full refund re 30 day mbg. Does this sound reasonable and within my rights ???

So are you saying you'll send it back and not take it on holiday at all, or send it back after you've been on holiday and used it?! Which obviously you can do.

As to coming direct from Ultrasun, I was told they would have the missing bits with me within 7-10 days, NOT particularly helpful when I'd already said I need it for 9 days time!

So are you saying you'll send it back and not take it on holiday at all, or send it back after you've been on holiday and used it?! Which obviously you can do.

As to coming direct from Ultrasun, I was told they would have the missing bits with me within 7-10 days, NOT particularly helpful when I'd already said I need it for 9 days time!

No, I'm not taking it with me - can scrape together enough old Liz Earle small tubes that should just last (especially as weather forecast isn't brill...) and I couldn't be that cheeky !!!

My missing part arrived today, I say parT because they only sent me the lip balm and NOT the pump!! I had told them I was missing both!!

Unbelievable! :angry:

Latest posts

Back