QVC Advertising

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I just logged into my Hotmail email account and down the side of the page was a flash advert from QVC. I've never seen QVC advertising anywhere other than on their own channel, so is this a new thing for them or have I just not been seeing it before?

I've had that for a few days and was concerned it may be some sort of spam thingy (you can tell how technical I am !!). Leaving it well alone !!! Seemed to show some items I'd looked at - they certainly seem to be trying to grab all the custom they can.

They advertise on quite a few websites now. I've seen them on Digital Spy forums and also for some peculiar reason on the header of one of the Genealogy forums I use. It's always the same few items advertised too, some awful Michele Hope skirt. I don't know what demographic they're trying to reach out to sometimes :wink:

Seemingly it's the latest thing. Companies buy up certain key words or names and when you hit them during a search then an advert pops up. Politicians are starting to do it too. I'm not exactly sure how it works but it is targeted advertising. I'm not keen - big brother comes a step closer.:bandit:

I've been seeing those too when I'm logged in to my Hotmail account.

The freaky thing is the featured products are all things I've searched for on the QVC website - Tignanello handbags and Judith Williams skincare to name but a few. I think they use cookies so that third party networks can target the ads they show you.

Come to think of it, I've seen stuff from my recent Lakeland searches in other ads on other sites.

Urgh, it's spooking me out slightly.

just noticed that myself was showing bare escentuals that i was looking at this afternoon ooh it's like spying creepy

I'm getting it in hotmail - freaking me out too! everything that I've looked at recently!

Oh I am off to get a hotmail account to see what its all about.
But in reality its quite scary and makes you think twice about going on to the web site if it is going to come back and haunt you.

You can download a programm to stop these adverts coming up. If you are not to technical (although its very easy) maybe you can get a daughter/son/trusted person to do it?

I've been seeing those too when I'm logged in to my Hotmail account.

The freaky thing is the featured products are all things I've searched for on the QVC website - Tignanello handbags and Judith Williams skincare to name but a few. I think they use cookies so that third party networks can target the ads they show you.

Come to think of it, I've seen stuff from my recent Lakeland searches in other ads on other sites.

Urgh, it's spooking me out slightly.

me too, it was all stuff I had been looking at (actually some vile fashion I had been showing a friend to make her laugh!) and a "click to buy now" thingy in the ad, creepy and I need to find out how to stop it. Just imagine if I ordered some Quaker horror by mistake!

Yep I've seen it too on hotmail & on Makeup alley.

Just logged into hotmail now to see what they were advertising as to be honest not really looked too closely and its showing a reebok tone trainers : ( they must really be spying as I've put on weight recently lol!!!

Thank goodness for this thread as I thought I'd gone mad!! Every time I log into my Hotmail account I keep seeing this Kipling bag I've been coveting for ages but can't afford.

Felt like it was following me around!!

I don't buy too many magazines (or try not to!) but have seen qvc advertise in the woman's own type mags in the past

Latest posts

Back