More stupid reviews!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
Someone has left a review online for the B&W TSV yesterday! Ridiculous as it refers to a similar one (which I actually own) that has a single flower rather than 5 flowers like the TSV. It really annoys me that people are allowed to post these as they don't help us make a decision. The review just goes oin about what she has ordered - who cares?!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Someone has left a review online for the B&W TSV yesterday! Ridiculous as it refers to a similar one (which I actually own) that has a single flower rather than 5 flowers like the TSV. It really annoys me that people are allowed to post these as they don't help us make a decision. The review just goes oin about what she has ordered - who cares?!

Thought exactly the same today. There is a review for the Travelon faux suede/crocodile bag "seen but not bought" It states that she does not like the look of the other reviews so she will not buy it until the item improves. Thought that these should be vetted and screened out.

I used to really rely on the reviews on QVC, but I now realise that QVC DO screen them, several of mine have not been put on, and not all of them were bad, however they were all honest!:smirk:
Then there are all the random ones from people who haven't even ordered an item or just want to 'gush' (ie the B&W reviewer) which are just irritating.:angry:
As a result I will still read them but don't pay much heed any more, I usually come on here and ask if I'm ordering something new and want advice.
Think we definitely need to start making more use of the review section that Graham put on for us, I'm in work ATM but will put some on when I have more time.

Oh that's just stupid allowing reviews like that to be published. I think their website is pretty lame when it comes to accurate info and reviews - I've complained to CS as they are showing incorrect colour pairings for some fleece tops and 3 weeks later they still haven't changed the photos or at least amended the description wording so people know what they actually get :doh:

I've clicked "report inappropriate review" on a couple of dodgy reviews but I don't know whether it has any effect.

Jude xx

It gets even more stupid, there's another one now!

Here it is...

Cannot Wait for this to arrive
"I am going on a Cruise next year and have decided to opt for the black option on advanced order, I think it will look stunning on our photographs and am also thinking of opting for the bracelet to match...just cannot wait for this to arrive."

and guess what...they've given it 5 stars!

I've reported both of them as inappropriate - lets see what happens!!!!

It gets even more stupid, there's another one now!

Here it is...

Cannot Wait for this to arrive
"I am going on a Cruise next year and have decided to opt for the black option on advanced order, I think it will look stunning on our photographs and am also thinking of opting for the bracelet to match...just cannot wait for this to arrive."

and guess what...they've given it 5 stars!

I've reported both of them as inappropriate - lets see what happens!!!!

silly woman!:doh:
from what some of us were saying about a similar-ish B&W TSV yesterday, I've got a feeling a lot of people will find this uncomfortable to wear...so however much she likes it on screen, lets just hope it's not going to be irritating the hell out of her IRL and ruining her cruise photos!:giggle:

doubt QVC will remove the reviews though, not with them being 5 star, be a different story if someone had said it looked like a load of old plastic rubbish...:cheeky:

silly woman!:doh:
from what some of us were saying about a similar-ish B&W TSV yesterday, I've got a feeling a lot of people will find this uncomfortable to wear...so however much she likes it on screen, lets just hope it's not going to be irritating the hell out of her IRL and ruining her cruise photos!:giggle:

doubt QVC will remove the reviews though, not with them being 5 star, be a different story if someone had said it looked like a load of old plastic rubbish...:cheeky:

Love the cruise photo comment!

I hope it's not uncomfortable though. I had the other TSV and that doesn't irritate me at all. My single flower version of the TSV is also v comfortable on me so fingers crossed!

I wonder who's will arrive first. My account showed mine as shipped by lunch today. FIngers crossed for Monday!

Love the cruise photo comment!

I hope it's not uncomfortable though. I had the other TSV and that doesn't irritate me at all. My single flower version of the TSV is also v comfortable on me so fingers crossed!

I wonder who's will arrive first. My account showed mine as shipped by lunch today. FIngers crossed for Monday!

ooh hope yours is lovely and not uncomfortable! I'm sure it will be fine if you're ok with the other necklaces.
Just thought it would be funny if that daft cruise woman ended up hating it, would teach her not to write reviews till the item has actually arrived in future!:mysmilie_62:

Couldn't you inform Customer Services?

When I see really useless / crazy reviews I click 'no' under was this review helpful. I really think you should only be able to review items you have bought - ie from your account page. I also click 'yes' if was helpful, if it actually is, so I'm not all bad!!!! :)

what on earth is the point of writing about something you don't have arrghhhh! there should be a system where you can only write about what you have it's really stupid these people are idiots

Its been said before - but I do think reviews should only be written via your account history.That way you must have bought the item (and via qvc) to be able to write a review.

So right, they certainly do vet them i was furious, I posted an accurate and clear review about that No No spot zapper that was a TSV, noticed there were already some reviews the day after it aired, we all know QVC postal service is lame at times and wondered how they appeared so quickly, probably some helpful satff member, anyway they were all ott glowing about it, i found it did absolutly nothing at all for my monthly outbreak and worst of all really burnt, it was awful, they did not print the review and when I rang up to say I want to return it mainly due to the fact it burnt and left a red mark thus making any spot worse they admitted there was a note on my account about my review!!! I asked what it had to do with QVC as I foolishly thought they were totally unbiased etc and he said it was but had been passed to QVc as they were concerned about a faulty item..BS!! or what, they then rang me back, nice enough guy and all that and said to return it asap for a full credit, he also said I could re admit another review but not mention the burning as this was a customer service issue, how bonkers is that , talk about controlled, and thus what a con the reviews are, likewise so many daft ones and the best corkers are the 'its the best thing in the world' ones that appear more or less immediatly, true...I think not , very fishy.

How can you give a review of an item until you have it! That should not be allowed.

I have had reviews rejected as my honest was not appreciated!

Latest posts

Back