Waitlist Orders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
I have just found for about the third time now, that an item I have on waitlist is actually in stock after all. (the order is "still awaiting stock" but when you click onto the product number they have plenty available). Several times I have been written to saying that the 45 days has passed so the order has been cancelled but they had the stock showing all along. Why dont they match them up more frequently??

Luckily I have just told CS so they allocated one to me before I lost this too. New order mind you, as it was easier for their system to cancel the wait list order and then start again!

A swizz, me thinks ...

It has to be their computer system, no way would they be leaving matching up to a real person. Can't see them paying someone to just match waitlist customers to the new arriving products. Their computer system should be set up that when stock arrives it automaticly matches up any waitlist customers first. It doesn't seem to do that, its up to the customer to keep checking. No very efficient

This has happened so often to me, I now routinely check waitlist items for myself, and if they're in stock, make a new order than phone up to cancel the waitlist one. I suspect that when they have 'deep stocks', it's because there's a live show booked in, and they don't want all the stock to go before that!

In fact, I haven't had anything on a waitlist ever get delivered for months now. I get the 'Sorry' letter instead.

Annoyingly, I ordered the pink Murano pendant necklace during the Murano show a couple of weeks ago, because it was on EZpay. Almost immediately, the status went to 'Awaiting stock'. I got a letter saying that 'owing to an issue with some of the stock, we cannot fulfil orders immediately'. So now I'm effectively on waitlist, and I bet the EZpay deal will have disappeared when/if they ever get the pendant back in stock.

This has happened so often to me, I now routinely check waitlist items for myself, and if they're in stock, make a new order than phone up to cancel the waitlist one. I suspect that when they have 'deep stocks', it's because there's a live show booked in, and they don't want all the stock to go before that!

I keep checking waitlist orders too but rather than cancel it and make a new order, I just phone CS, tell them I have a waitlist order that is now showing as in stock and each time they have just updated my order and sent it out. I also confirm with them that any EP offer on the original order still stands. So far it's always worked for me.

I did hear a presenter lately admit this happened to her (can't think for the life of me who it was)

She went on to say that she checked the stock online and saw it in stock and phoned CS.They said someone had it on cheque hold and changed their mind and there was 1 left.

Whoever presenter it was,was over the moon and needed it for a holiday - and went on to say if you have a waitlist item,its worth keep checking the stock.

(have this feeling it was pipa re a satnav???)

Doesn't say much for the use of waitlist though,does it?!

Plot thickens !!

Order arrived a couple of days ago, I am livid as after all that hassle the damned thing is faulty. Nasty scratch right across it and a small hole in it too. Took the paperwork out of the bag to call up and have a moan, only to find that my invoice is somebody elses!!! Exactly the same item and everything. I have definitely been charged for it, but have I been sent something that has been sat on a shelf for somebdoy else or is it indeed a faulty return sent back out! The only mention of me is the address label on the bag.

I cannot return it either as I have no paperwork relevant to me, as if I returned it with this invoice, a lady in Scotland would get my refund !!! So I would have no purse, no refund but a £19 debit from my bank.

I have been told somebody from the QVC Executive dept has to call me about it as ordinary CS can't deal with it, and as usual all they can do is email the dept to ring me not put me through, so by tomorrow when the dept reopens (assuming they ring tomorrow that is) that will be 5 days I have been waiting to speak to somebody and obviously a 5 day delay to getting my refund. I would quite like my money back quickly thank you, dont see why I should be sat here day after day waiting for QVC to call me before I can deal with this further.

And surprise surpirse they dont have any more in stock!! so I cant have a replacement only a refund, so please get a wiggle on and call me to sort it.

:mysmilie_466: Spooky how annoying for you! when someone does contact you I think you should be asking for some sort of compensation for all the hassle they have put you through over this - doubt you'll get any but worth a try! as it does sound like you have been send a faulty return there.....:eek:

I'll have to say I've never had probs with waitlist orders, in fact I usually forget all about them and next thing I know I get that e-mail saying the item is on it's way - which just goes to show I didn't really need it in the first place but hey ho!

Spooky , thats appauling, as you have the paperwork that proves it is someone elses return you have been sent I would consider letting trading standards deal with this , let your local office know tomorrow and get the address of the Liverpool trading standards office , then when QVC do contact you , you can inform them what you have done , I somnewhat suspect they willbe more than able to action your refund very very quickly once they know TS have your details and you have irrifutible proof a broken and returned item is being sold as new .

Latest posts

Back