DELL TSV Delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
I checked my order status first thing this morning which said 'In Process'. No problem as they did say allow 7 - 14 days. Amazingly it has just arrived! I checked the order status again out of curiosity and it now says 'Despatched 15th April'. Despatched and delivered in the same day, in only 5 days from ordering. That's what I call good service.

Did anyone else on the forum order this netbook and have you received yours yet?

same here topaz
my order status still says 'in process' but my netbook arrived this morning.
what are your inital thoughts on it? seems a little slow to me

same here topaz
my order status still says 'in process' but my netbook arrived this morning.
what are your inital thoughts on it? seems a little slow to me

As I had it delivered to work I haven't tried it out yet. I just checked what was in the box and sealed it up again. I'll give it a try at home and let you know. At the moment I'm still on dial up at home (I know, I'm a techie dinosaur!) but now I've got this little baby I'm changing to broadband to enable the wifi, that should be on order next week. In the meantime I'll try out the basic non-internet functions and let you know what I think. When you say you think it's a little slow, I assume you mean internet speed.

What colour did you get? Mine's purple.

Where's mine then ???? :sad:

Who was the courier?

Pauline x

UPDATE 3.15 PM; Just delivered by UKmail. Still saying "in process" on QVC website. Now to have a play.

Last edited:
As I had it delivered to work I haven't tried it out yet. I just checked what was in the box and sealed it up again. I'll give it a try at home and let you know. At the moment I'm still on dial up at home (I know, I'm a techie dinosaur!) but now I've got this little baby I'm changing to broadband to enable the wifi, that should be on order next week. In the meantime I'll try out the basic non-internet functions and let you know what I think. When you say you think it's a little slow, I assume you mean internet speed.

What colour did you get? Mine's purple.

No not the internet as I haven't had it connected as yet but when I tried shutting it down it took 7 minutes to log off and shut down. I got the purple as well its very pretty but unlike the sales rep thats not the most important thing , I want it to be fab x

I've just read a review on QVC from someone who has had the netbook for 2 weeks(how?)
saying to uninstall all the dell software to make it faster, i'm not that confident with technology to do such a thing as I'd prob delete something vitally important, but I suppose its an option.
But really you shouldn't need to do this, it should just work!
just thinking , if they've had it 2 weeks maybe the review was written by one of the presenters?

I've just read a review on QVC from someone who has had the netbook for 2 weeks(how?)
saying to uninstall all the dell software to make it faster, i'm not that confident with technology to do such a thing as I'd prob delete something vitally important, but I suppose its an option.
But really you shouldn't need to do this, it should just work!
just thinking , if they've had it 2 weeks maybe the review was written by one of the presenters?

Someone else posted that sometimes they randomly select customers to trial products before they go on sale. I'm like you, I'd be terrified of deleting a file that would make everything collapse!! I'll need to consult my god-daughter and technical advisor!

No not the internet as I haven't had it connected as yet but when I tried shutting it down it took 7 minutes to log off and shut down. I got the purple as well its very pretty but unlike the sales rep thats not the most important thing , I want it to be fab x

Aleksandr Orlov

the problems is all the carp Dell instal on your machine, also Macafe also uses up a lot of the systems memory and slows your netbook down. That is another reason it takes 7 minutes to shut down.

My advice is to install Bullguard security, you can get free trial online and then buy code on Ebay for about £12 a year or use the free version on AVG, also available online.
If you are not pc savy get someone that is to remove some of the useless programs Dell have installed.

I have had many Dells and the above advice has speeded things up but remember it is only a netbook with a low power processor so it will not be as fast as a desktop or laptop.

Hope the advice has been useful

Simon

I have not had my netbook yet and the 1st payment has been returned to my bank?

Was planning on getting a 2gb memory upgrade to boost it a little, although this does involve removing the keyboard to install.

Hope I get it soon I ordered the all white one.
gav

I have not had my netbook yet and the 1st payment has been returned to my bank?

Was planning on getting a 2gb memory upgrade to boost it a little, although this does involve removing the keyboard to install.

Hope I get it soon I ordered the all white one.
gav

Why has your payment been returned, if it has I wouldn't be expecting it, QVC aren't that kind to refund your money without good reason have you contacted customer service

I checked my order status first thing this morning which said 'In Process'. No problem as they did say allow 7 - 14 days. Amazingly it has just arrived! I checked the order status again out of curiosity and it now says 'Despatched 15th April'. Despatched and delivered in the same day, in only 5 days from ordering. That's what I call good service.

Did anyone else on the forum order this netbook and have you received yours yet?

Where delivery is coming from the manufacturer directly, we often find out or get the delivery before they tell QVC. I fould this out when I got a netbook a couple of years back.

Why has your payment been returned, if it has I wouldn't be expecting it, QVC aren't that kind to refund your money without good reason have you contacted customer service

I think its a Natwest thing? has happend before shopping elsewhere.
Still waiting for my netbook hope it comes on Monday.

I've tried mine and it seems OK. Just checked the programmes and plan is to delete all the trial Office programmes. Don't need them anyway, as I wouldn't put long docs on a netbook. Like the look and feel of the keyboard and the net works fine. It only took about a minute to shut down also.

So far, so good ...............

Pauline

I set mine up (non Internet stuff) at the weekend. Apart from getting lots of pop-ups about allowing updates and ticking boxes to agree for stuff and accept t&c's, it didn't seem that slow to me. It certainly didn't take 7 minutes to shut down. I think that for what I want it for it will be ideal.

Hi Topaz have you had a chance to trial your netbook yet? What are your initial thoughts?

Hi Aleksandr, I posted yesterday but in answer to your question my initial thoughts are that it will be ideal for what I want. It wasn't particularly slow in going through the initial set up or shutting down. I got a bit irritated with all the pop ups but I suppose you get that with all new computers/software. Can't wait to get my broadband installed so I can use wifi and see how it performs online. How are you getting on with it?

Latest posts

Back