DELL TSV Delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just wish someone could tell me how to get on the internet.
You certainly do not just switch it on as the woman said on tv.
First I had to enable wireless but then I can't seem to get in anyhow.
Not sure of wireless signals where I stay but not managed to get in at all yet.
I even bought a dongle from O2 but can't get in with that either.
Help needed I think.
Cynthia

I tried mine out on the net yesterday and gave it a good "going over". It was OK - not keen on the finger pad with no toggle switches though - I seem to have to give it a good click for it to register. Apart from that, quite pleased with it.

P xx

I ordered mine in the purple and I'm using it now.
I only go on the computer to use the internet so for my needs I'm very happy with it.
It's taking me a while to get used to the key pad but thats because I'm so used to my big pc's keyboard.
The first time I switched it off it took ages but it does it in no time at all now.
I'm pretty sure I will be keeping mine.

Well I wish someone would please tell me how to get on the net.
Not as easy as the woman said on tv.
I had to enable wireless but then I get nothing at all.
Even bought a dongle but still can't connect to internet.
Can anyone help please.
Thanks Cynthia

Well I wish someone would please tell me how to get on the net.
Not as easy as the woman said on tv.
I had to enable wireless but then I get nothing at all.
Even bought a dongle but still can't connect to internet.
Can anyone help please.
Thanks Cynthia

Cynthia, I haven't had a chance to try the internet yet as I'm not on broadband. Can you tell me about the dongle? I've seen them advertised and I believe you just plug it in to your computer and you can get instant net access - is this true? I appreciate you're having problems but are the dongles supposed to be this easy? Good luck with your net access, I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Hi Topaz
well today I tried the dongle again and managed to get it at last.
I bought an O2 one pay as you go - you just plug it in then have to put credit on - this was not happening the other day but today it worked. You can put credit on for a day, week or a month and you can top up any time without losing the connection. Some of the other companies you have to pay each month just as you do with a contract. That is why I got O2 as I only need it when travelling.
Now if I am not in a hotspot area I can still use the net and just deduct the usage from my monthly allowance.
So I now have internet access and love the netbook - purple in my case.
thanks for your reply. xx

Hi Topaz
well today I tried the dongle again and managed to get it at last.
I bought an O2 one pay as you go - you just plug it in then have to put credit on - this was not happening the other day but today it worked. You can put credit on for a day, week or a month and you can top up any time without losing the connection. Some of the other companies you have to pay each month just as you do with a contract. That is why I got O2 as I only need it when travelling.
Now if I am not in a hotspot area I can still use the net and just deduct the usage from my monthly allowance.
So I now have internet access and love the netbook - purple in my case.
thanks for your reply. xx

Great that you've got it going, wonder what the problem was first time round. So pleased you love it, that inspires me.

Now this is going to sound a really stupid question but.....you plug your dongle into your netbook and put credit on it - I assume you get a prompt come up asking for your credit card details?? How much is it for a day or a week?

£2 per day 500 mb, I think £7.50 per week 1 gb and £15 per month - 3 gb per month. Plus unlimited wifi. I got the month supply to start and you just top it up when you need it.
Yes you get sent to the O2 mobile broadband centre and then enter your credit card details etc.
Then you just put in the dongle connect and away you go. I think you get a prompt to tell you when it is running out.
x

£2 per day 500 mb, I think £7.50 per week 1 gb and £15 per month - 3 gb per month. Plus unlimited wifi. I got the month supply to start and you just top it up when you need it.
Yes you get sent to the O2 mobile broadband centre and then enter your credit card details etc.
Then you just put in the dongle connect and away you go. I think you get a prompt to tell you when it is running out.
x

How long did it take to load your dongle? I've tried mine this morning (T-Mobile) and it is not doing anything!

Thanks

Elaine

I got the purple one as well :wave:

I've used mine on wifi broadband at home and it's fine. Got a dongle (for holidays) yesterday and son sorted it out for me. Just plugged in - but did notice that I had to "disconnect" from broadband at home for it to work. Mine's a "3" supplier and just top up when needed. Also treated meself to a bag for it off Amazon (a pink one :grin:) with a mouse for when I need to use for longer periods. Got space for all the gubbins to go in it as well.

Pauline x

I got the purple one as well :wave:

I've used mine on wifi broadband at home and it's fine. Got a dongle (for holidays) yesterday and son sorted it out for me. Just plugged in - but did notice that I had to "disconnect" from broadband at home for it to work. Mine's a "3" supplier and just top up when needed. Also treated meself to a bag for it off Amazon (a pink one :grin:) with a mouse for when I need to use for longer periods. Got space for all the gubbins to go in it as well.

Pauline x

Great minds....I've found a purple bag and I'm currently searching for a purple mouse to complete the ensemble!! I found one, Logitech V220, but it seems to be out of stock in purple everywhere. Have you connected your mouse to the netbook yet? I was just wondering if it's just a matter of connecting it with a USB cable or do you have to use some sort of software driver so the netbook recognises the mouse?

I ordered purple mouse from Dell and it is due to be delivered today.
Also ordered a purple and white bag from Amazon.
We are all so colour co-ordinated now
xx

xx

Which mouse did you order and is the bag the Duragadget zip-up one? I was torn between two bags but went for the one with a zip rather than a flap-over as I thought it would be safer (cheaper too). I suppose now we should all get ourselves a purple outfit to wear so we all match our netbooks!!!!!!!! (Perhaps Julia can advise)

xx

I get the Oprah magazine delivered and I was reading one only last night and there was a Dell advert where you could order a laptop to match an OPI colour - I kid you not ! ( in the US obviously)

My lovely little purple mouse duly arrived Lochitech M305 a little baby one. Darker purple than the netbook but works a treat just plugged it in and away I went.
Not sure about the bag zippered with purple and white flowers.....
Re outfit I have many as 'tis my favourite colour - even got married in purple almost 24 years ago when it was not the done thing to wear colours (did not have to get married either just hate white...)
So all in all very happy with the nebook and accesssories now
thanks for the help from everyone x

My lovely little purple mouse duly arrived Lochitech M305 a little baby one. Darker purple than the netbook but works a treat just plugged it in and away I went.
Not sure about the bag zippered with purple and white flowers.....
Re outfit I have many as 'tis my favourite colour - even got married in purple almost 24 years ago when it was not the done thing to wear colours (did not have to get married either just hate white...)
So all in all very happy with the nebook and accesssories now
thanks for the help from everyone x

I saw that mouse on the website, will go have another look as you say it's so easy to use (no driver required). Also think I know the bag you got, I couldn't make up my mind between the floral or plain, but went for the plain.

You'll have to get the next Smashbox TSV - with the purple eye shadows & liner that will finish the whole look off.

Thanks from me also to everyone who's contributed to this thread.

I took my netbook round to a friend's house at the weekend and it picked up their wireless connection straight away. I also bought a dongle which turned out not to be quite as straightforward as I was expecting but it works. I find the adverts for these things very misleading. I saw an ad for the 02 dongle for just under £10 but the cheapest I could find it was £17.79 at Tesco. So glad I waited to get full broadband connection at home as Sky, who I was thinking of going with, are now offering six months for free if you take their broadbad/phone package.

Latest posts

Back