Delivery disaster

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I was supposed to be away by now, but then the volcano erupted and it all got cancelled :down:

I have deliveries all the time and if I'm not in they leave the parcel with a neighbour - there must be several hundred people living between me and that builders' yard, so it was a very odd place to go. I tried to get into the yard 3 times and never found it open, so it's a miracle it was open when the QVC courier turned up! There's a church about 100 metres from my flat in the opposite direction - I wonder if they tried to deliver the parcel there too...

Anyway, I am changing my QVC delivery address so everything will come to work from now on.

All I can suggest, if you think there's no way the courier couldn't get access to your address is to double check the address on file with QVC.
There was a time where the addresses for QVC clients weren't being manifested properly but I would have thought this had been sorted now.
Also check your instructions as to what your preferred neighbour is, as QVC are notorious for not passing that on properly too - and not updating it on their systems.

THe only other thing I can think of is that your usual courier might have been on hols and someone was covering and couldn't find you.

Sorry to hear your hols have been cancelled, what a bummer :doh:

Hopefully deliveries to workplace will be more successful :happy:

I do wonder at some couriers though - especially the ones who are actually employed! I had a QVC pilates machine delivered by UPS, to a different neighbour to the one I'd requested (and it was on the paperwork). As pilates machines are large, I'd left the key with the neighbour too so the courier could put it in my house and it wouldn't inconvenience the neighbours.

Silly man not only delivered to the wrong neighbour (knowingly because he even mentioned it to the neighbour where he left it) but he didn't bother to tell the neighbour where he should have gone what he'd done, and she waited in all day instead of just the morning as UPS had advised. doh....
So my poor elderly neighbour and I ended up lugging the 34kg parcel between us.

Last edited:
As a calling card wasn't left (for whatever reason), we don't know how many times the delivery was attempted.

And couriers aren't required to try 3 times.
It's something Hermes try and con them into doing, but no courier can now afford to consider this as payment is so low compared to fuel and other operating costs.

That's interesting to know from someone who works for them currently/previously as my Hermes courier and I had a conversation about this and he told me he was required to attempt delivery on three separate occasions, and when I checked this with QVC they confirmed it. My courier asked me if it would be ok to leave my parcels in an agreed safe space because, as you point out, and as I observed in my previous post, courier's pay is so negligible that to make three trips virtually wipes out any potential profit. Another case of employers trying to draw blood from the already low paid I think (or am I just an old leftie...?!)

Mind you my 'safe space' will have to be renegotiated following today's purchase of Richard Jackson's plants (I know, pointless, drawn in by 12p P&P) as it has hitherto been my underoccupied cold frame...

Latest posts

Back