Glen's on his high horse..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Soulalone

Registered Shopper
The fashion expert is up on his high horse just now. Apparently he's seen loads of websites where us lesser mortals are expressing annoyance at the use of the word "trouser." We really need to know that it's an "accepted" term in the fashion world!

Pity he's not so clever when it comes to sizes though. Dont think either he or Jilly have managed to give any measurements at all for the Lenny hour - obviously those snazzy red loafers have dazzled Jilly into a trance...:mysmilie_466:

I accept referring to a trouser suit, referring to a trouser is just another thing to dislike him for and after his performance re the Downing St do for the charity his daughter is involved in I will not ever watch him again.

I accept referring to a trouser suit, referring to a trouser is just another thing to dislike him for and after his performance re the Downing St do for the charity his daughter is involved in I will not ever watch him again.

Are you intimating that he might be a bit of a "trouser" snake? :tongue:

Oh gawd no! The very thought! I was actually thinking more along the lines of 'he's a bit of a "trouser"-snake head!:giggle:

I'm thinking you're spot on with your musings :clapping:
Oh he's obnoxious and useless, QVC peeps your heads must be so far up your bums that you have concussions from hitting your diaphragms.

I used to quite like Glen. Until I noticed that the advice he gives is always the same - no matter what the season, or the garment he is 'styling'. He uses stock phrases that we all know and love (not!). I particularly hate 'ladies of an age' - what on earth does that mean?
When he was off with his bad back QVC seemed to manage quite well with other experts - like the lovely Genevieve ( who I think they said often works as a stylist at QVC behind the scenes anyway.) Sometimes I wonder whether it wouldn't do us all good to have someone different for a change. I shan't tell you what my dad said when he saw Glen's outfit yesterday!

The only thing he adds to any QVC show is annoyance, why don't they get rid of him and make our p&p less, now that would be useful.

He is absolutely the most annoying person on TV (IMO), I simply cannot watch him without the sound down!! When does he breathe?!?! On trend, on trend blah, blah, blah (at a million miles an hour) as he's showing a lovely piece of acrylic....ooooops sorry Cashmilon (or is that Marks?), no I mean Cashmasoft!! Fashion expert my ar*e!

I used to quite like Glen. Until I noticed that the advice he gives is always the same - no matter what the season, or the garment he is 'styling'. He uses stock phrases that we all know and love (not!). I particularly hate 'ladies of an age' - what on earth does that mean?
When he was off with his bad back QVC seemed to manage quite well with other experts - like the lovely Genevieve ( who I think they said often works as a stylist at QVC behind the scenes anyway.) Sometimes I wonder whether it wouldn't do us all good to have someone different for a change. I shan't tell you what my dad said when he saw Glen's outfit yesterday!

Let me guess - "Hello Sailor" or words to that effect ? :up:

*sings and does a jig*

'Let the wind blow high, let the wind blow low
Thro' the streets in me pants I'll go
All the lassies say 'Hello! Campbell, where's your troosers...'

*bows*

I really liked watching the fashion hours on QVC but I am becoming offended by Glen, he really does talk the same old rubbish and when was the last time he gave some useful fashion advice? I now switch off fashion when he is on.

I mentioned in another thread that I would love to see one of the presenters ask Glen a real fashion question about material, how its cut, or ask about women's shapes and what suits them. I dont think he would have a catchphrase ready.

The other fashion expert, Genevieve, always gives loads of great advice and has taught me how to wear different types of clothes for my size ( I am a curvy girl ).

He should watch Jason Gardiner. I know he's not everyone's favourite, but I think he's a great stylist and makes you want to buy everything you see!

Mind you, that could be because the clothes are better than QVC's, but you get my point. :)

He gives his "invaluable" advice here: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=129342&country=UK Watch from 2mins 15 secs in

What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

I must tell hubbie that to be "fashion forward" he must roll his trousers up. Perhaps he should wear a hankie on his head too?!

Mm, I can just see the fashion conscious city go-getter turning up to that important meeting with the Japanese client with his "trouser" rolled up. Perhaps for that real business look he could wear some socks with them :D If you wandered around with a trouser rolled up, some might think you were joining the Masons :D

I wonder if Glen paints his toe nails? I'm surprised that's not considered on-trend for men nowadays.

In the video it sounded to me like Debbie was trying her hardest not to laugh at him (with his white whiskers).

I mentioned in another thread that I would love to see one of the presenters ask Glen a real fashion question about material, how its cut, or ask about women's shapes and what suits them. I dont think he would have a catchphrase ready.

The other fashion expert, Genevieve, always gives loads of great advice and has taught me how to wear different types of clothes for my size ( I am a curvy girl ).

Don't be daft, according to Glenn everything QVC sell will suit everyone whatever their age, size, shape and colouring.

Do you wear said 'trouser' with a 'little shoe'? Not a pair of shoes mind, just one little one....

Latest posts

Back