Charlie Bears - get a grip

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love the bears but not the couple that drool and look so pained every time one sells out. I thought she looked so thin, drawn and not well, and he looked as if he'd just crawled out of bed. If you're going to wear a scruffy shirt at least make sure it actually fits, he was bulging out of it all over the place.

I thought Leighton Denny was from Barnsley, I'm sure I've heard him say that, and he certainly has a Barnsley accent, nothing like the Bradford accents. I just thought he opened a shop in Bradford?

He's said before he's from Bradford, grew up in Birkenshaw according to the interview he gave to the T & A (mind you, isn't Birkenshaw Kirklees?) Shows you how the ear attunes, I'd have defo said it's a Bradford accent, right down to the rolled 'r' and the way he replaces the 'd' with a 't' (as in "Bratford"). According to various sites, he opened his first salon in Bradford in 1993 before moving to Marylebone. Not the usual path of many Bradfordians, me included!

Sorry to go so off-topic. Can't believe how protective I'm getting of my old home city and its great and good! Haven't lived there since 1994 but clearly it's in me bones...:happy:

I think this Will chap is Adrian Buckleys brother or close relative. Their voices in tone and pitch are identical - in fact when speaking and not on camera, you would think it IS Adrian Buckley. WELL, they ARE both in the flogging business and come from the rag trade area of the north, and have you heard Adrian talk about HIS animal brooches - "such a lovely little chap", - when talking about his teddy bear pieces !!!!!!!

Cuddly toys are great. But how many countless thousand end up almost brand new in the charity shops and on the childrens wards of hospitals. At those prices I would rather give the money direct than decide a few years later to ditch the whole collection !

Nice teddies but the couple are simpering idiots, you know, one of those annoying couples who hold hands in the street well into their 50's.

Seems like Dawn Bibby and JJ won't be doing that though eh? Nothing is perfect as QVC would have use believe!

Nice teddies but the couple are simpering idiots, you know, one of those annoying couples who hold hands in the street well into their 50's.

Seems like Dawn Bibby and JJ won't be doing that though eh? Nothing is perfect as QVC would have use believe!

Simpering as you put it, they may be, but a couple in their 50's....i dont think they are that old.

Love and companionship is a wonderful thing at whatever time of life. Goodness me, I must have been an irritating sight for many years then.................:thinking:

I'm not a teddy fan really, but I ordered the 2010 bear for my niece (21st birthday.). I took him out of the box when he arrived, and both me and my 8 year old DS both said awwww simultaneously! He really is the cutest thing-the face really does have character, and those moulded paws...I really don't know how I am going to part with him! She is a serious collector and as far as I know she doesn't have any charlie bears-I just hope she doesn't think I was 'cheap' buying this one, but having seen her collection, to me he is much nicer than anything she already has. I would deffinitely buy one again as I think the price is excellent for what you get.

Latest posts

Back