Read about QVC in the daily express today....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
and their take on how they fit into everyones life - and how "celebrity" they've become - and how they know if something will sell successfully within 4 minutes.Oh,and how much they roughly make an hour!!!

I did skim through a bit as I'm on my lunch break.................but no mention of its MBG??

Ugh, this article reads like an ad rather than an independant view of what QVC is all about. Intersting too that they claim the advertising standards agency watches them closely to make sure it's all accurate etc. The number of times I've e-mailed QVC to point out the blatant lies spouted by AY (I only watch the beauty shows...), maybe I should be directing my mails to the standards people instead! Actually she did it the other day too, claiming some brand or other was only available on QVC when it's not...grrrr...

Just read this article online after seeing your post Rainbowdottie - 25% of all UK households have now shopped with QVC! So at least one out of eight people I speak to who claim to know nothing about it - and to look rather supercilliously at me - are telling me porky pies!

Was also interested to see that the £30,000 South Sea Pearl necklace CHuntley's always on about sold massively...well, erm, two in fact. Apparently since the financial climate has changed QVC are moving towards selling 'cheaper' items - could have fooled me in some hours!

And some presenters now have columns in lifestyle magazines? I could just about understand it from one of their so-called 'experts' i.e. AY in some beauty mag - but do we now have JR's Pilates advice or Chuntley's self-empowerment nonsense in the News of the Screws?

Interesting to see they talk candidly about how the presenters change their patter in line with the sales figures that they can see on the screens in front of them. Think we all know when something isn't selling as it suddenly becomes 'the' thing that will go with everything in your wardrobe/be suitable for any skin type/really make your life easier...

Gordon Bennett, what a load of tosh!!!! The presenter's are the people's champion:puke:

...and the author of that article has also just admitted buying Nina Leonard Trousers (slap my wrists, Glen - PANTS :tongue:). Which says it all I think :wink:

I notice the example pics show clips that have no P&P on them!!! Not wishing to put anyone off then qvc??!!!

Bet Julia's raging she didn't get a mention....:giggle:

And according to that article I'm too young for QVC, not sure what the C1 and C2 are so can't comment on whether I'm one of them or not :mysmilie_506:

C1 and c2 are social/economic classings. They range from A being say the aristocracy to E being pensioners/children. Pretty much everyone is c1 and c2. I think c1 is White collar (admin etc) and c2 is blue collar (manual) but don't quote me on it!

C1 and c2 are social/economic classings. They range from A being say the aristocracy to E being pensioners/children. Pretty much everyone is c1 and c2. I think c1 is White collar (admin etc) and c2 is blue collar (manual) but don't quote me on it!

thanks Katy, I probably am C1 (office worker, no aristocrats in family that I know of....!) Am still impressed with the fact I'm younger than average though doesn't happen often these days...

If QVC are now "selling cheaper products" how come 6 out of the 8 items that are today's hot picks are over £100?!?!?

Latest posts

Back