Beauty Makeovers - 22/04/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh forgot I wanted to mention this but it was in one of the launch hours that AY just had to mention that 'you all know that I know about make-up and how to style myself but for those who don't...' - I wondered if she'd been reading forums.......

I'll be giving this one a miss too. When you saw the products all lined up in front of Alison and the guest presenter, you could see how titchy they were. May have considered it if there was a larger foundation. I agree with previous posts - too much mention of celebrity users!! To be honest, Alison relies heavily on celebrity mentions these days and if they are supposed to be impress me, she is failing miserably!

I agree, the only one I heard her mention was Lucy Benjamin which smacked of desperation to me. I'm sure Lucy is perfectly lovely but not really a celebrity of note. in my opinion. or likely to influence anyone to buy.

AY was on overdrive, though, at the midnight launch and virtually every other word was 'actual', 'literally' and 'celebrity'.

Sweet Baby Jesus !!!

I have just put QVC on and AY looks like the back of some poor sods bal*s :sad::sad:

her hair looks like its been fecking crocheted!!!:angel::bandit::wait:

Sweet Baby Jesus !!!

I have just put QVC on and AY looks like the back of some poor sods bal*s :sad::sad:

her hair looks like its been fecking crocheted!!!:angel::bandit::wait:

loving your turn of phrase Jabba! :talking:

Jude xx

She even shoehorned Cheryl Bliddy Cole into the MyFace presentation this afternoon. Saying that these were the sorts of colours she'd wear if 'she'd just stepped off the plane'. Which plane? Where? Seeing as there's not been any flights up till Tuesday unless she's been circling Frinton on Sea in a Cessna for the best part of ten days she ain't been flying anywhere...

When I heard we were getting a make-up TSV, my heart sank a little as I have ordered two lots of LG and I really did not want to be tempted by more make-up. I could not have been less tempted by the bland, cheaply packaged, poorly presented stuff if it had come from a market stall!

AY kept talking about celebrities in an obsessed but vague way, and the make-up artist kept mentioning how full of skin care ingredients the oundation was, but without explaining, as if we are so gullible that we will just take his word for it.

The only presentation I saw, the make-up artist (so-called) just talked about the colours and pointed them out on the models faces, without every applying anything on air, so really they could have used any range of make-up!

:flower: :hi: I thought it was her! I wonder why she's not on the shows?

Yep it's odd about all the brown isn't it?

Much as I love a chocolatey or taupe eye I also know I don't suit most "nude" lip colours, and can't wear blusher with any brown in.

A whole face load of browny shades reminds me of the monochrome make up of the late 80s and early 90s. I couldn't carry it off then, and I certainly can't now.

It's such a shame. :sad: I was quite looking forward to these shows.

AY said she was stranded abroad somewhere Love A'kin, she does look good in the make-up but then she'd look in good in anything - not that I'm jealous much...:cheeky:

I suppose it's a good kit for folks who want to try the range, as some of it is small sizes. I don't think all Boots carry it, only the flagship stores - as I went to look and it was only in the Metro Centre and Eldon Square in Newcastle, nothing local. What QVC are stocking is the no.2 shade of each skin type, so be aware that there are 3 shades in each of fair, of medium and dark. Really porcelain skin needs no. 1 of fair, no. 3 of fair is honey tones. Can't say I was overly impressed by the ingredients list of talcs, parabens and chemicals, (printed so small I couldn't read some of them at all) but whatever works for you is fine.

that's interesting Concordia, as when I was watching last night I thought the fair looked too light but the medium too dark for me, so guess I would be either a 3 fair or a 1 medium. Makes a mockery of the 'just choose the one to suit your skin tone and you can't go wrong' spiel :angry:

In fact this whole range, along with the guest and AY, is getting on right on my pip now - -the show last night was unbearable with all the 'celebrity' name dropping. :headbang: As soon as Lulu started being mentioned that did it for me and I turned off - can't bear the woman!

Can't see this TSV selling out. Think QVC bombed chosing the brand and makeup artist to demo it.

Will be interesting to read reviews.

We could post a bogus :star: review today saying it looks like cr@p! Just to balance out those stupid gushy reviews posted on TSV day that the poster can't have tried yet!

Jude xx

We could post a bogus :star: review today saying it looks like cr@p! Just to balance out those stupid gushy reviews posted on TSV day that the poster can't have tried yet!

Jude xx

:mysmilie_62:

think we should! after all it's on sale in Boots and on the Boots website so we could easily have tried the stuff before....:giggle:

not liking this make-up am happy with my bare escentuals wish ali would stop mentioning so called celebs wondering if you get royalties each time your mentioned if you did cheryl cole would be a billionaire by now lol

Won't be buying this, because it's available in Boots.

To play devil's advocate though, after looking at the range in Boots earlier today, it seems that the kit QVC have isn't really representing the brand very well. The packaging on the some of the items (blush, eyeshadow, foundation) is much sturdier and classier looking than the small cheaper looking items that QVC have in the TSV. I tested out a lippie there today and a couple of eyeshadows and I have to say that describing them as cheap looking is a little harsh, as the quality and colour payoff (ooh get me!!) seemed good. I'm a real fusspot when it comes to foundation too and on testing this today in Boots, was again impressed with the texture. There are actualy nine shades in the full size one, three for the fair, medium and medium dark and I would certainly be a 3 in the fair shade, not the 2 that's on offer in the smaller size on QVC today.

Don't think QVC have done themselves any favours by repackaging the stuff into smaller, cheaper containers as it's not come across very well. Reviews of the range online, seem to be very good, but I'd rather try the odd item in Boots than purchase the poorly presented set QVC are offering today.

The presentation was terrible - not once did they show us the colours of the foundation in comparison with each other. There are three choices for each level on their own website and it was impossible to know which one we were getting in the set. I couldn't wear brows and oranges anyway. Besides, after this many years, I don't need some upstart telling me I'm doing it wrong! When I went to the Beauty Bash, I was asked several times who did my make up. I can let the secret out now - it's Asda 3 for £1 eye shadows and a slap of Laura Geller :D I also use O-Glow for my lips (from ebay mind, at half the price!).

The TSV presentation was worth watching for comedic value though. When the guest was telling us who would be suitable for each level, he came to the medium set and was listing celebrity names and he came to Julia Roberts. AY then stepped in with "Our Julia Roberts?" and he said "Oh yes, your Julia Roberts, not the posh one!" (or words to that effect) He quickly added "Oh, I shouldn't have said that." Sadly, AY didn't pick up on this as I was hoping for some scathing remark but it never came. Made me laugh though, I was scrubbing my Horlicks out of the bedclothes afterwards.

Latest posts

Back