Insipid!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

helena

Registered Shopper
I don't want to sound boring or repeating the same old question but please tell me WHY OH WHY is Jill Franks ALWAYS presenting? Looks like she may have her bed there! I just cannot watch Jill Franks! I find her patronising and insipid. Nothing she presents can I buy from QVC, she turns me off with her diction, constant chatter about herself, the coughing, spluttering and gasping on every sentence, interruptions and that [sorry] no made up shiney face. I may upset some of you or YEW as she quotes but it's 'sumTHINK' I have to say.

It's not just me then

I'm glad it's not just me thinking it!

I can not bear Jill Franks, she is so self obsessed and arrogant

I was watching her on a show last week trying to flog some over priced shoes which I forget the brand now, but she kept on and on about how good her birkenstocks were, the guest from the other brand must have been getting really annoyed, I was just listening to her.

I really wanted to watch the handbag show her and Glen did yesterday, but the pair of them together was too much, why do the always go on about this bag would look great with a 'little' sundress, a 'little' t shirt, a 'little' pair of jeans, a 'little' pair of flip flops, I'm a size 18 with size 8 feet, nothing i wear is 'little', sorry i'm ranting now :headbang:

pjun995l.jpg

I nearly wet myself when she was presenting the Leighton Denny TSV in the afternoon. "So now that you have your salon...." she purred at LD. He gave her a look that Vicky Pollard would have been proud of and snarled "I have 226salons at the moment"................It was priceless!!!!

Just been watching the Decleor hour and have had my fill of hearing all about Jill's skincare regime. It's good to know the presenters use some of the products they sell but it was all 'me me me' and she started getting on my nerves very quickly!

I can only agree with everything previously said. I too switched off the handbag hour for fear of throwing my TV out of the window like a member of a pop group on a long and sould destroying tour. I've grown to expect the hair flicking, unfeasible in/exhaling, appalling diction and bleatings about her 'hubby'...grrr...and the unpleasant side of me (which asks why she insists on wearing white flares in homage to Sister Sledge circa 1977) can even be tempered by thinking that she's obviously taken fashion advice from Glen. But if I hear once more that her director has just said to her in her ear that watching an hour of handbags presented by her is "a real education" (which it is *not*) I'll screeeaaam. I too saw the moment with LD and the 226 salons - the look he gave her was one of utter contempt and irritation. I for one felt he was 'speaking' for many of us in that glance...

JF is so clearly not doing what she claims every item she sells is, that is "proving to be very popular"...

I think JF is self absorbed too, but to be fair I think her best hours are her handbag hours and she is more enthusiastic than most. I would rather watch her than Jilly any day, but I know what you guys mean.

I can only agree with everything previously said. I too switched off the handbag hour for fear of throwing my TV out of the window like a member of a pop group on a long and sould destroying tour. I've grown to expect the hair flicking, unfeasible in/exhaling, appalling diction and bleatings about her 'hubby'...grrr...and the unpleasant side of me (which asks why she insists on wearing white flares in homage to Sister Sledge circa 1977) can even be tempered by thinking that she's obviously taken fashion advice from Glen. But if I hear once more that her director has just said to her in her ear that watching an hour of handbags presented by her is "a real education" (which it is *not*) I'll screeeaaam. I too saw the moment with LD and the 226 salons - the look he gave her was one of utter contempt and irritation. I for one felt he was 'speaking' for many of us in that glance...

JF is so clearly not doing what she claims every item she sells is, that is "proving to be very popular"...

A long time ago she was on with LD went off into one of her screeching wheezing fits of laughter at her own wit because she managed to liken him to the Queen and pointing out he is a queen. I don't give a rat's ass what he or anybody else is as long as they're not rude and/or dishonest. What she said wasn't done in a nice fun way and he appeared highly irritated. Her above display certainly must have been very aggravating for LD given the style of promotion that is used for his brand.

First post. Bad mood. Bitchy. Apologies.

I was watching her today on the Dreamkeeper hour and she was really bitchy to Andrea the lovely ex-model. They both had this pink cardigan on and JF was going "oh this is so huge on me, what size have I got on, oh gosh the medium, no wonder it's so huge on me, what size are you wearing Andrea, oh the small yes we definitely have to swap". Short of having a tattoo on her forehead screaming "Look at me I'm THIN!!!!" she couldn't have been more obvious.

And endless references to her new iphone and how she has to ask everyone to help her with it (yeah, because Apple technology is just FAMOUS for being SOOOOO difficult to use...You go for it and flaunt how THICK you are girlfriend.)

It was all ME ME ME ME ME, I really wanted to slap her hard.

Quite
Vapid
Chav

Welcome Red Rose! This site is great for venting your spleen about all the QVC things that annoy you!

Welcome Red Rose! This site is great for venting your spleen about all the QVC things that annoy you!

Which seems to be mostly about JF right now ;) Although, don't abandon hope just yet - apparently she's heading away on holiday in June, so that'll be a couple of weeks of peace. That is, until she's back and we have to spend the rest of the year hearing all about it.

I mentioned it on another thread, but she was rude to Andrew Bagley on air too. Making comments about she couldn't believe he was younger than her. Rude moo.

It annoys me too that whatever brand she happens to be flogging also just happens to be the brand that she just cannot live without. Seems she can't live without most of the QVC stock. Why not lock her in the warehouse with it and we'll all be happy.

Welcome to the forum RedRose :)

I've made a few of my feelings known about JF in another thread so I won't repeat all that again, don't want to just come on here and moan (as much as I felt I needed to !), but on the subject of EVERYTHING she shows on air being her favourite, I remember JF presenting a Liz Earle hour, with Liz Earle. JF was going on about this and that being her desert island product, and in the end Liz Earle actually said "what, another one?".

Desert island products are supposed to be the one or two items that you cannot live without and would take as emergency products to a desert island. NOT the whole range, plus everyone else's whole range, NOT all your handbags which we know you have many, and NOT all your shoes and GIRLY things that HUBBY bought you. I'm shutting up now, before I say too much ! :giggle:

First post. Bad mood. Bitchy. Apologies.

I was watching her today on the Dreamkeeper hour and she was really bitchy to Andrea the lovely ex-model. They both had this pink cardigan on and JF was going "oh this is so huge on me, what size have I got on, oh gosh the medium, no wonder it's so huge on me, what size are you wearing Andrea, oh the small yes we definitely have to swap". Short of having a tattoo on her forehead screaming "Look at me I'm THIN!!!!" she couldn't have been more obvious.

And endless references to her new iphone and how she has to ask everyone to help her with it (yeah, because Apple technology is just FAMOUS for being SOOOOO difficult to use...You go for it and flaunt how THICK you are girlfriend.)

It was all ME ME ME ME ME, I really wanted to slap her hard.

Quite
Vapid
Chav

Well I know whose figure I'd rather have and it isn't scrawny JF's - we never hear anything aboiut her being our 'resident fitness expert' anymore do we?

Welcome RedRose! Gorgeous name (inspired by a love of the flower or an affilliation with Lancashire I wonder?!)

Hope you have a great time here. I won't go on about my dislike of JF as I said on another thread it's becoming pathological and I'm trying not to let her get to me (grrrrrr...snarl snarl...:angry:)

Cracking first post RedRose, can't wait till you set eyes on JR. An even worse wind-up merchant IMHO.

Latest posts

Back