Was that Julia caught in a fib on the 11pm show???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love A'kin

QualityVariesConsiderably
:hi:I'm very disappointed in Julia. :sad:

She said she'd used both the lighter and the darker "Bling" but there's only one Blingtone eye shadow. It's the same in each kit! :giggle:

Chris Dennis clearly didn't know what the bliddy heck she was banging on about and moved on swiftly.

Have you seen the Q Gossip myface tips? Chris Dennis looks like a cross between Danny Dyer and a Vulcan in his publicity shot!

I suspect she was talking about a colour from the other kit they featured which had the trio of eye shadows :wave:

I thought Julia's makeup,particularly her eye makeup, looked very fresh and really suited her skintone/eyes on the 11pm show(i didnt catch any other shows yesterday) - it seemed to give her a more youthful appearance IMO.

I thought Julia's makeup,particularly her eye makeup, looked very fresh and really suited her skintone/eyes on the 11pm show(i didnt catch any other shows yesterday) - it seemed to give her a more youthful appearance IMO.

:hi: :up: I did too! Lighter, brighter, less in your face colour and much more flattering. I think that's what pushed me over the edge into ordering the TSV - even though I regretted it about 90 seconds later when she told her fib. :grin:

I suspect she was talking about a colour from the other kit they featured which had the trio of eye shadows :wave:

Aww you are making me feel terrible for thinking the worst of her, :heartbroke: :blush: (I'm not usually the sort of person who does that) but she definitely said that she'd also used the darker tone of "the bling" in her crease not one of the grey or green shadows from the other kit. Chris Dennis's reaction spoke volumes. I think he said "Umm, well, there you go", and then immediately switched to something else to get the "Wtf is she on about?!" expression off his face. :tongue:

Hello Love A'Kin! Just wanted to say that I have been using the A'Kin rose and geranium cleanser (after reading a variety of posts including yours) and it is indeed lovely. A perfect substitute for C & P and less expensive. My skin feels like velvet and the smell is divine!

:hi: :rock: :clapping:It's yummy isn't it? I'm really glad you like it hon! I always feel a bit of a responsibility when I rave about something, and worry a little in case someone buys it and doesn't like it.

A'kin should definitely put me on commission. I even gave all the 30ml mini cleansers I had from kits to my Mum to share with her friends who were committed Liz Earle ladies at the time - but who loved the A'kin cleanser (and the better value!) and now they're A'kin girls!

I just wish QVC would give us a blimmin TSV! :mysmilie_852:

A big thanks from me too, never heard of A'kin before lurking about on here, and thought it was my skin playing up instead of the spit and polish not working properly any more!

I agree a TSV would be fab :glass:

I've recently discovered A'Kin too - the positive comments on here gave me the confidence to try it. I've only tried the Rose & Geranium Cleanser, the Rosehip Oil and the Rosehip & Shea Moisturiser so far but would definitely be interested in trying other things from the range. I've always been a fan of Liz Earle's products (though I'm not exclusively faithful to any one range!) but have been disappointed in the steadily increasing prices of Liz Earle, which will soon put it right out of my price range, and I'm also shocked that she's sold out to Avon. I think that when I'm in the mood for some natural, ethical products, A'kin will be the range I turn to rather than Liz Earle. I'd love a TSV - lots of customers are requesting one on the QVC reviews so why aren't they listening?

A big fan of all this A'kin love around her at the moment!

I hope QVC are reading cos we heard good things about A'kin, we tried it, and we loved it - that's got to bode well for a TSV surely? (Especially with all those disillusioned LE fans around.)

Now it's true that not everybody gets on with the roship Oil, but that's true of most of what QVC sell. I tried for years to find a routine that suited my skin from the ranks of Elemis Decleor, Gatineau and Liz Earle, but at best I was "Meh" about it all, and at worst I had a nasty reaction.

Then, I tried A'kin and never looked back. I've just got one of my daughter's friends started on it. She's got the angry painful sort of acne and everything she was trying was just making it sore. A week on A'kin... and it's not gone, but her skin looks miles better. I suspect her spots are hormonal and no skincare can make them stop, but A'kin is managing it better than any of the spot ranges her mum has bought from Boots. I've given her another weeks worth out of my stash and emailed her Mum the links to the mypure website as well as QVC. She's using the Rose and Geranium Cleanser in the morning, and the cleanser plus The Rosehip Oil and a dab of Rose De Mai at night. I also gave her some one a day vitamin C and Zinc tabs as well cos she lives on diet coke as far as I can tell!

Hello Love A'Kin! Just wanted to say that I have been using the A'Kin rose and geranium cleanser (after reading a variety of posts including yours) and it is indeed lovely. A perfect substitute for C & P and less expensive. My skin feels like velvet and the smell is divine!

I am looking for a cleanser and I am thinking of trying A'kin. Which one would you A'kin users recomend for someone in her 30's with fair freckly skin, always had a t-zone with blackhaeds and the occational spot outbreak. since getting older I now have blackheads appearing on my cheeks,can't use anything too anti aging, but do have dry patches and am getting a few lines. I am currently using Philosophy's Purity Cleanser (but that is only cause I finished my last bit of C&P and had some Purity in my drawer) followed by Ultra sun 30 and the Elemis Pro-Collagen Cream.

The Purity is OK but I don't love and won't be re-purchasing, I do love Liz Earle C&P but I don't think the new formula is as good as the old one. I did get given a sample kit of Eve Lom Cleanser at a Space NK store which was lovely (and where Liz nicked her idea for C&P imo) but way out of my price range. I know there is more products in the A'kin range than what is stocked by QVC.

I am looking for a cleanser and I am thinking of trying A'kin. Which one would you A'kin users recomend for someone in her 30's with fair freckly skin, always had a t-zone with blackhaeds and the occational spot outbreak. since getting older I now have blackheads appearing on my cheeks,can't use anything too anti aging, but do have dry patches and am getting a few lines. I am currently using Philosophy's Purity Cleanser (but that is only cause I finished my last bit of C&P and had some Purity in my drawer) followed by Ultra sun 30 and the Elemis Pro-Collagen Cream.

The Purity is OK but I don't love and won't be re-purchasing, I do love Liz Earle C&P but I don't think the new formula is as good as the old one. I did get given a sample kit of Eve Lom Cleanser at a Space NK store which was lovely (and where Liz nicked her idea for C&P imo) but way out of my price range. I know there is more products in the A'kin range than what is stocked by QVC.

If C&P worked for you for ages then I think the A'kin Rose and Geranium would be fab for you too. The texture is quite similar. You could still take it off with your muslin cloths. The only thing to be wary of is that there is shea butter in it and that can cause congestion in some peeps. (Although I found quite the reverse and that it got rid of the "bumpiness")The gel cleanser is fab for really oily skins but can cause surface dryness if it's not right for you. My daughter used it as the first stage in a double cleanse for a while with the Rose and Geranium to follow but she prefers just the Rose and Geranium these days.

I bet Rosehip oil would see off those dry patches too! :nod: :wink:

You should definitely be on commission Love A'Kin! I too would love a QVC TSV to try everything A'Kin has to offer in basic skincare. I have used LE for 10 years but as others have said, the prices are going up. I have tried other things but have either had a reaction or just not the consistently good results I'm used to with LE. The Rose & Geranium Cleanser sounds lovely. Is there a recommendation for a moisturiser that would replace the LE Dry/Sensitive?

If C&P worked for you for ages then I think the A'kin Rose and Geranium would be fab for you too. The texture is quite similar. You could still take it off with your muslin cloths. The only thing to be wary of is that there is shea butter in it and that can cause congestion in some peeps. (Although I found quite the reverse and that it got rid of the "bumpiness")The gel cleanser is fab for really oily skins but can cause surface dryness if it's not right for you. My daughter used it as the first stage in a double cleanse for a while with the Rose and Geranium to follow but she prefers just the Rose and Geranium these days.

I bet Rosehip oil would see off those dry patches too! :nod: :wink:

Thanks for that and yes you should be on commission! It is from reading your posts that I have been thinking about using A'kin.

My Mum gave me some Cellular Radiance Serum but I don't think it did anything for me, but my skin was misbehaving at the time. I will try it again soon, now my skin is more normalised. I have had a look and didn't know which to choose between the Sandalwood & Neroli Cleansing Gel and the Rose and Geranium. I think I will give the Rose one a go. when I finish up what I have left. I do use Decleor Balm Essential at night to sort my skin out when it goes potty (dry patches and spots) and that does work a treat. But it isn't cheap so I may go for the rosehip oil as well!

You should definitely be on commission Love A'Kin! I too would love a QVC TSV to try everything A'Kin has to offer in basic skincare. I have used LE for 10 years but as others have said, the prices are going up. I have tried other things but have either had a reaction or just not the consistently good results I'm used to with LE. The Rose & Geranium Cleanser sounds lovely. Is there a recommendation for a moisturiser that would replace the LE Dry/Sensitive?

:hi: I'd plump for Rose De Mai for almost everybody hon. It has oodles of moisturisation without ever feeling heavy. Rosehip and Shea is confined to a night cream for most people because the shea butter makes it a bit heavier in feel. I'd only go for the Rosehip and Shea as a day cream if you know you really need a dense feeling moisturiser to lock moisture in.

At Mypure if you order one you can get a sample of another one to try. I tried Rosehip and Shea first with a sample of Rose De Mai and quicklly realised that for the daytime, under make up, Rose De Mai was a better texture for me, and I kept the heavy duty moisturising treatment products for night time. (and I think I still feel the benefit of the oils and night creams throughout the day.)

My skin used to be all over the place, with spots, oils slicks, dry bits, red bits and allsorts but - touch wood - since I've been primarily an A'kin girl it's all balanced out quite nicely. :sun: :nod:

Thanks for that and yes you should be on commission! It is from reading your posts that I have been thinking about using A'kin.

My Mum gave me some Cellular Radiance Serum but I don't think it did anything for me, but my skin was misbehaving at the time. I will try it again soon, now my skin is more normalised. I have had a look and didn't know which to choose between the Sandalwood & Neroli Cleansing Gel and the Rose and Geranium. I think I will give the Rose one a go. when I finish up what I have left. I do use Decleor Balm Essential at night to sort my skin out when it goes potty (dry patches and spots) and that does work a treat. But it isn't cheap so I may go for the rosehip oil as well!

:hi: I LOVE the Cellular Radiance hon. It's even better for me than the Rosehip oil (although The Rosehip oil did the spadework for months before I even tried the Cellular Radiance. Definitely give it another go hon. I am very jealous of you being able to use Baume Essential, I've never been able to get on with that one. There are sometimes smaller 5ml sizes of A'kin Rosehip oil on The Bay for bargainous prices. (My mum picked one up for about £3 a few weeks ago.) It's horrible being at the mercy of nightmare skin so I really hope that A'kin works for you this time. :nod:

I must admit that I do think it's best to stop using other brands for a couple of weeks and just let A'kin do it's thing. (but you know that I'm biased! ) :blush: :grin:

:blush:Well, Love A'kin, my skin is thanking you too. I realised on here that the C&P formula had changed (should have been alerted to the fact that having never had spots I was suddenly getting whoppers on my face!) and thanks to your threads, I bought a little starter kit from QVC, containing 30 ml of the Rose and Geranium cleanser, full size of the Rosehip and shea moisturiser and full size of the rosehip oil.

Using the rose and geranium was like getting back to velvety soft skin - it was a revelation. I think that I had fallen so out of love with C&P, that I had started skipping it as I was just not seeing the clean and fresh skin - but A'kin fixed all that for me! The fragrance is so gorgeous and up lifting!

I have really dry skin, so for me the moisturiser is fine - but I am looking forward to trying the rose de mai one. I use the oil at night, and I have definitely noticed a dimishing in fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes.

Oh, my purse is thanking you too! :nod:

Latest posts

Back