Clickfree TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

concordia

Easily Confused
Hi there, I noticed that QVC have been teasing a Clickfree TSV for tomorrow. OK, not exciting, but it works. My suspicion is that it might be the one the US had a month or two ago, 500gb in a selection of colours. Anyone know details? Thanks!

Ooopsy!

Still got the page open:

Item no. 561357
TSV Price: £109.80
QVC Price: £132.75

In 2 Easy Pay instalments

Key reasons to buy

* Automatically backs up your data - just plug and play
* 500GB memory stores videos, pictures and more
* Stores data up to 20 PCs so the whole family can use it
* Easy to transfer data from the ClickFree to new computers
* Stores data for up to 20 PCs

500GB hard drive
3.5" form factor
7200 RPM
16MB cache
Works with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 and MacOS X 10.5 Leopard running Intel Processor
Device Dimensions: 190mm x 115mm x 38mm (7.5" x 4.5" x 1.5")
Weight: 900g (2.0lbs)

I've saved the page as a PDF, but the file size is too large to attach it here. Boo

From the description it looks like it is a desktop rather than a portable model, so not the US TSV. We had a desktop one as a TSV some time ago I think. It looks like HD535 from Clickfree's site, an older model and folks should be aware that it does not support Windows 7. (If it is this model it's on Amazon for £108.99 and free p+p)

Last edited:
I have both from QVC the bigger blue one and the little white one which is very portable.
I love them both and would not like to be without them.
x

Last edited:
concordia from what i`ve seen its a 500gb just like the american one cause there is a seperate case to go with it but it looks like it only comes in black

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/5/42/563442.001

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/5/42/563442.002

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/5/42/563442.003

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/5/42/563442.004

Description:Clickfree 500GB Automatic Backup Hard Drive - C2N Series with ANS (Auto Network Setup)

QVC Price £157.25

TSV Price £129.84

Thanks Ian! Looks like Minnie's info might be from the old TSV. This model is the HD527N, which does wireless networking and can (supposedly) update all wireless computers at the same time. Have to admit, that's beyond me. Typical we only get the black, the US had 6 colours for the TSV!

Sorry, sounds like I am obsessing about this, but just looked and it is up on the web. TSV price £119.88 and £5.95 p+p.

No pink!! :whew: My cc is safe then. :grin:

PPC they had a pink in america dont know why we dont get it cause if we did i think i`d of told you by now lol

Thanks Ian! Looks like Minnie's info might be from the old TSV. This model is the HD527N, which does wireless networking and can (supposedly) update all wireless computers at the same time. Have to admit, that's beyond me. Typical we only get the black, the US had 6 colours for the TSV!

its not an old TSV its a new version its the same one that america had the other day i just cant remember what was different about it now

I've been interested in the clickfree for some time, but the one major thing that puts me off it is that it seems to take all the graphics and photos etc from your computer and put them into one huge folder, it doesn't seem to put them in folders as they are on the PC.

I have my graphics and photos carefully sorted into many different folders, and the thought of it jumbling everything up is a nightmare. It would take days to sort out again

Is there a way of making it back up with things in the same folders are they are on the computer?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick about what it does and the way it works?

Soz for leading you up the garden path Concordia.

That'll teach me to trust Google. The link looked right though. Red bleedin' herring!

Thanks SCW.

I've been interested in the clickfree for some time, but the one major thing that puts me off it is that it seems to take all the graphics and photos etc from your computer and put them into one huge folder, it doesn't seem to put them in folders as they are on the PC.

I have my graphics and photos carefully sorted into many different folders, and the thought of it jumbling everything up is a nightmare. It would take days to sort out again

Is there a way of making it back up with things in the same folders are they are on the computer?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick about what it does and the way it works?

I did a Clickfree back-up this morning and had the device to hand to check your query. All the photos (and I have a lot of them) are separated into the same folder names that I have on the pooter and are very easy to locate. It does this automatically. HTH.

PPC they had a pink in america dont know why we dont get it cause if we did i think i`d of told you by now lol
Yes I know you would have hon.
thumbsup.gif

I did a Clickfree back-up this morning and had the device to hand to check your query. All the photos (and I have a lot of them) are separated into the same folder names that I have on the pooter and are very easy to locate. It does this automatically. HTH.

Thanks for this, I must say I am quite tempted. I've loved the PikaOne I bought from QVC years ago when it was a TSV, but it must be getting on for 5 years old now. It would be just my luck for it to die at the same time as my PC.

I bought a Click Free last year, when it was the TSV (I think.) I can't fault it. It even reminds me when it's time to back up, which I always used to forget to do before I bought it. And as Sacha said - it puts everything into easy identifiable/named folders.

After all this, I've been put off by reading the reviews on QVCUS and Amazon, many of which are good but many flag up the same problems. It seems that if you have Windows 7 it is not Clickfree and you have to do some fiddling with it and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Also, many people have had problems with their wireless connection after using it, implying that the software link is causing a problem with their systems. I think I'll wait and get my new computer first.

Personally whilst I'm an advocate of simplicity, it is expensive when you can build one relatively cheaply for half the price.

However, if you do have a network then you are better off by buying a NAS device and connecting it to your router, set up auto-schedule for backups to that device and no hassles with dragging a box around.

BTW, although you should backup your photos you should also take an image of the disk first. That way, if the drive fails then all you need to do is replace the disk and restore using the image without losing all those apps and settings.

Latest posts

Back