Can you carry off the big, bold ring styles?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mavornia

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone, I've posted a few times before and have been lurking for a while (don't get much time to post with a 3 year old and a 9 month old who is wanting to put himself in the middle of everything!) - always makes me laugh, especially all the JF posts. I hadn't noticed half of her annoying habits until everyone pointed them out here and now I can't bear to watch her with all her mispronunciations, wheezing, interruptions, inane twittering and affected style

I love the look of the bolder rings and recently ordered 698737 and 698731 (rose quartz and grey quartz respectively) but my husband and mum both thought they looked ridiculous on my finger. I love rose quartz and its supposed properties in particular and I'm gutted that I can't quite carry them off. I have long slender fingers and the rings do seem to swamp my hand. Also, I'm quite a quiet person so maybe my family thinks the rings are just too bold for my personality.

What type of person do you think can carry off these pieces or do you just go with what you love? Any ideas for slightly smaller, more wearable quartz pieces?

Hello Mavornia, I wonder if you've been enjoying the shiny-but-pricey things on gem day! Sounds like you have a busy if rewarding time with your children. I know what you mean about big rings. But I don't think you necessarily need a big personality to wear them. Just a bit of confidence and/or practice maybe?!

I have a biggish rose quartz ring I got on a silver day some years back, no longer available though similar ones are - I got it to wear on my forefinger and quite like the look so maybe try that if you haven't already? I must confess also to owning a ridiculously large diamoneek solitaire which so far I've only worn around the house, but it makes me smile :)

Good luck!

Attica x

I don't like bold rings, perhaps its because I know they won't work for me.

I am short in height and also seem to have a short finger well the bit from my finger knuckle to the beginning of my hand is. So big bold rings sit over the knuckle which I don't like.

But at the end of the day its personal choice, no matter what size you are if you like them then wear them. Did you ask your husband etc what they thought as you were undecided? People will tell you what they don't like and not always want you want to hear.

I like rose quartz and have a lola rose bracelet I wear, I also have rose quartz earrings with morganite on them. Got them made for me by an artisan on ebay, unfortunately they left ebay and the prices went sky high. Never found a rose quartz ring which I like so just pair my bracelet and earrings with morganite.

I like chunky jewellery - as a size 14-16,it suits me better - "dainty" stuff is a bit lost on me.

However to be fair I don't wear lots of jewellery.I never ever wear necklaces - if i do for special occassions its always a long one.

I do love earrings and won't go without them and i do like bracelelts.I don't wear rings,only my wedding rings.So in short,its really only earings and bracelets for me.

I did fall in love with a ring from lola rose a couple of years back.I was going to a wedding and it matched my outfit perfectly.I wore it and it was referred to a "knuckle duster" all day!!!! Coupled with the fact that I thought it was actually a lot of money for what it was (and not that comfy either) I sent it back.

So no,I don't think they're for me either and won't be trying them again - or lola rose actually.

I do moan about QVC but to be fair theres no where else where I could have tried it,worn it and sent it back.i know this system is open to abuse - but for people like us with genuine reasons to send it back,its a good system.

I am a blingaholic and even though dainty rings suits me better I wear big bold rings too. I normally wear 3 rings on each hand but if I choose to wear big ring then might jut wear it on its own. My OH will sometime say isn't that a bit big - I just ignore him :wink:

yup, if you love it then wear it!

I agree, although I personally don't like 'big style' rings. I've got fairly long fingers and long nails and could possibly carry them off. but I've always preferred a more traditional style of ring, but the joy of jewellery is that it's what you like and what pleases you and it doesn't matter what other people think or say (in my opinion. :wink:)

Latest posts

Back