Oops I bought it again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grockle Princess

Registered Shopper
I recieved my new much waited for Leighton Denny Art Deco set, which sold out before it went to air this morning, and I could cry!:sad: I opened it all excited like kid on Christmas morning AND I realised I have already got two of the colours!!!

In the set is:-
* 1 x Notorious high performance nail colour (12ml) - deep teal cream
* 1 x The Heiress high performance nail colour (12ml) - bluebell-purple cream
* 1 x Talk of the Town high performance nail colour (12ml) - bright fuchsia cream

However I already have Upper St ad St John's Wood from Nails Inc and Upper St is a replica of Notorious and St John's Wood is a twin of The Heiress. Argh! No wonder I blinking liked the look of them, I have already bought them. My long suffering husband is now laughing at me and I will have to endure some light teasing (God love him he is fairly tolerant of my nail polish obsession)! New Colours my bottom! New to Leighton Denny maybe, but I bought these colours from Nails Inc 18 months ago. I will say that the quality of the LD polish is better than the Nails Inc ones, more glossy, this is newly applied with no base or top coat. But then again the LD ones are brand new and the Nails Inc ones are a year and half old.

The question I have is that this will be the third purchase in a row I will have sent back with this sort of behaviour will I get the letter?! I also order stuff and put it on check hold and then after 24 hours I look at it again and decide if I really want/need/can afford it. I don't cancel it all the time about 10% of the time and 99% of the time ring them up to tell them I no longer want the item. In my defence I didn't get to see it live on air as I probably would have had a clearer idea of the colours and hopefully would have realised I already owned them. I know there is a swap site but I don't really understand how it works. I am proper kicking my self as I didn't buy the TSV cause I wanted these.

Not sure if it's being cheeky putting this here, but, if you're interested you can have my TSV purchase for the same price? It's not even been unwrapped as I'd already realised I had some colours but it was too late to cancel. Will only charge actual P&P too, not the QVC rates :D PM me if interested :)

I would send the back.I don't think you can live your life in fear of The Letter.

Even if you do get the letter,its only a warning as such.

Moth, thank you for your kind offer. No I don't think your cheeky:biggrin:

I am afraid having just bought duplicates of colours I already have,has made me face up to the sad fact that I probably have enough nail polish at the moment to last me for the next 10 years!!! I have unopened bottles pink, red polish in my drawer that were part of sets and that I didn't like.

I have been meaning to sell them online and have not got around to it. Until I sell some I am not buying any more polish and I am really going to think before I even buy nail accessory products. The reason I fancied the TSV was that I fancied trying the oil (but don't need as I have more than enough other ones) and could do with another bottle of corrector fluid.

BUT I don't need it right now and when I do it will only be £9. You never know someone on here would love that set.

I am not in fear of the letter, but I like buying stuff from QVC cause I can send it back and if I do like it I can usually find it else where on the net cheaper and more reasonable P&P. Nothing annoys me more than having bought something, then getting it home, trying it and feeling like I've really wasted my money. Until recently I hadn't ordered anything for ages and then I treated myself to a few things that I had wanted to try for ages. Unfortunately all have been a bit of a disaster.

sorry didn't mean to offend by writing in fear of the letter - its just a term I try to say to myself when I want to return something!! I have had The Letter - and like you I enjoy buying from QVC - or certainly the choice of buying from qvc - and wouldn't really want that choice taken away from me.

However I've slowed down my purchases from qvc considerably.I've barely purchased since about feb and the couple of things,I have,I have returned.

Rainbowdottie you didn't offend at all. I have just read my post and it does come across that I might be. I am finding it difficult with posts to get over what I mean. I guess alot of what you say in real life is dependant on tone of voice and that is hard to translate into typing!

I guess I was a little bit aprehensive about sending back yet another item, as I don't want to be stopped shopping with QVC. But the crazy thing is that the main reason I buy from QVC is because they have a 30 day money back guarentee. But what is the point if I don't use it!!! I guess we all delude ourselves sometimes!:doh:

I didn't even know about the letter until I started lurking on here a few years ago. I think it is totally disgusting how some have be written/spoke to. Of course QVC have the right to suspend anyones account if they are thinking someone is really taking the proverbial with it, (not anyone one here from what has been discussed). Also I have never ever heard one of the presenters mention or even hint that this might be the case. All you ever hear is that if you don't like it all you have to do is send it back. No quetions asked. So why don't you try it. I know myself well enough if I ever got the letter I would never buy anything from QVC again. But whilst I still do I too am not going to live in fear of the letter as well!

Don't you get 'the letter' if you return 50% of the stuff you buy?

I had 'the phone call' and that's what they told me was the reason for them contacting me.

It's so infuriating to have duplicates though. I have a drawer full of OPI colours, most of which are very similar, just how many shades of red or pink are there?!?!?

They go on about the 30 Day----etc enough!The P&P & cost of returning is enough to put me off just getting something on a whim.If I ever got the letter or any other form of communication re returns it would be 'Goodbye QVC'

If you are a VIP Member, and have access to The Drop, there's a buy, sell, swap section there, so maybe you could see if anyone on the forum would be interested?

Don't you get 'the letter' if you return 50% of the stuff you buy?

I had 'the phone call' and that's what they told me was the reason for them contacting me.

It's so infuriating to have duplicates though. I have a drawer full of OPI colours, most of which are very similar, just how many shades of red or pink are there?!?!?

I know, I am not a red, pink or purple girl really. Every nail company is the same but OPI is the worst culprit for always having in any new colour colection for having at least 1 of the following polishes: the red creme, the red shimmer, a purple creme, a purple shimmer, a coral and at least one pink. I really like blues, greens, dark grey/silvers and blacks. I also like a burple which is a bluey purple hence why I have just bought Nortorious when I already own that colour!:headbang:

However I did like the pink in the set I bought, it is a proper Barbie pink. I don't have one of those unopened in my stash. I think I will do my self a full set of nails today in that coiour before I decide what to do! :cheeky:

No worries Grockle Princess, and thanks for letting me know. I may try The Drop instead, so thanks for the reminder Beady Belle :)

Mum is much the same, she has drawer fulls of items from sets that she's never used. She buys from QVC when something is new but now we always shop elsewhere, especially ebay. She's cautious about what she buys but 99% of the time you can get items much cheaper, less P&P and within a day or two, instead of a week or two.

The Leighton Denny kit was bought at the last minute and it wasn't until after it was received, I found, hidden in the back of a drawer, a whole box of colours that mum had forgotten she had, which are very similar to those in the kit. D'oh!

Having said all that, we did go to the Beauty Bash and met Leighton, who was the nicest guy ever and he even asked if mum wanted her photo taken with him, so now we have proof of her hob-nobbing. She loves his stuff and will probably end up keeping the set if I know her ;)

Oh God it gets worse! :sad:

Last night I went through my collection of polishes. The favorites (about 50), the rejects which have been opened and tried but not loved (about 15, there have been more but a lot that fall into this category get given away) and the ones I knew I wouldn't like so unopened and are intended to be sold online (about 25 all light pinks or bronzy browns/golds)

Well in the selling lot was another Nails Inc St John's Wood. So I had one and just bought an absolute replica from LD and I also had a spare in my drawer!!!! I feel like an alcoholic that has just faced up to the fact and found all the bottles of drink hidden around their house. Except in my case it is nail polish! Honestly I think I need help!:blush:

Maybe there is a support group I could go to and I could stand up and say "My name is GP and I have an addiction to nail polish, I find myself searching for the next latest colours and finishes (yes I tried the Matte look). The prettier and more unusual the colour the more I want it."

Recently I very nearly bought a nail polish from Space NK that had real gold leaf suspended in it for £22.50. Luckily even I managed to restrain myself. I don't even wear gold jewellery!!! Oh well I hope I have given some of you reading this a chuckle!:grin:

If you set up a support group GP then please send an invite - I did a count up of my nail polishes and have 70 in total! I've even tried to shame myself into stop buying them by listing them down on paper so I know what I've got. I really think I will have to ban myself from watching LD and OPI now :blush:

Woo hoo, finally a support group I wouldn't have to join (am a person of many neuroses) but only because my nail polish applying days have been numbered since I became a mum to a mad two year old. However, money saved from imposed restraint on nails has been shifted into other areas. My introduction to my next support group would go something like: "Hello, I'm ArtDeco and I have an addiction to jewellery and clothing which in style is...erm...Art Deco...It was when I found myself buying Tova Diamonique that I knew I needed to recognise I have a problem" :blush:

OMG I'm not even going to go and count how many polishes I have. This could be my first entry into a support group :sad:

Hi, My name is MsTrouble and I have an addiction to OPI nail polish...there, I've admitted it! But will it stop me buying the same colours 3 times over because I think I haven't got that one? hell no!!

Whenever OPI is on now I just F.A.R.T and feel so much better for it! :clapping:

Hello, my name is Rosalie and I own 1 Avon nail polish that I bought at least 4 years ago in a very fetching baby pink!! I'm not kidding :talking:........but I could hold my hand up to other addictions i.e sparkly things.:happy:

OMG I'm not even going to go and count how many polishes I have. This could be my first entry into a support group :sad:

Hi, My name is MsTrouble and I have an addiction to OPI nail polish...there, I've admitted it! But will it stop me buying the same colours 3 times over because I think I haven't got that one? hell no!!

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Woo hoo, finally a support group I wouldn't have to join (am a person of many neuroses) but only because my nail polish applying days have been numbered since I became a mum to a mad two year old. However, money saved from imposed restraint on nails has been shifted into other areas. My introduction to my next support group would go something like: "Hello, I'm ArtDeco and I have an addiction to jewellery and clothing which in style is...erm...Art Deco...It was when I found myself buying Tova Diamonique that I knew I needed to recognise I have a problem" :blush:

Tova Diamonique!!!!!!! I think that would be the equivalent in nail polish terms of me buying erm!!!! I don't no if there is a nail polish of that standard. I mean with a good base and top coat you can get any coloured polish from any brand to look OK!:giggle:

We could set up a QVC AA group and have sections. Jewellery addicts: I have enough precious metal that I could double for an Egyptian Pharoh; Beauty addicts: Help me I have watched too much AY & my ear drums are bleeding; Fashion addicts: What was I thinking, have I gone blind! (I am not a fan in general of the fashion that is shown on QVC)
Please feel free to sugest your own! I would personally like to head up the sub section in beauty for nails as being : Has all the chemicals I have inhaled by doing my nails addled my brain! Christ I've made myself laugh!:mysmilie_19:

I have a lot of nail polishes as well and tend to buy premium brands like OPI, Nails inc (dont have any LD). I think I'm a bit of a snob with brands (skincare as well) and recently have been making a conscious effort to try out (shock horror) high street brands instead. And I have found many good and cheaper alternatives. Skincare I've converted to Simple moisturisers (but still over the top of Estee Lauder serums) and yesterday I dipped into superdrug nailpolishes. Was watching Mally the other day and loved her baby pink nail polish so went on the search for that and found one for about £1.50 in superdrug and also bought another pale violet one from Revlon for about £6.50. Tried them both last night and perhaps they did need another coat than Nails inc etc but the finished results are very good. They may not last of course but not even the premium brands last more than a day or so on me.

The therapy continues...

Hello, my name is Rosalie and I own 1 Avon nail polish that I bought at least 4 years ago in a very fetching baby pink!! I'm not kidding :talking:........but I could hold my hand up to other addictions i.e sparkly things.:happy:

with you on the nail polish, none of the women in our family have pretty hands, think we're all descended from bricklayers, and coloured nails just look make 'em look worse.:sad: however, what I lack in nail polish, I more than make up for in eyeshadows:grin:

Latest posts

Back