Steam press TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I ordered it and looking forward to giving it a go. I have a bad back and find it uncomfortable to stand for long, so hopefully a steam press will be ideal. If it does turn out to be flimsy it will go back and I'll buy a more substantial one.

I'll report back !

Linda

Steam Press Experience

Well, I ordered it and looking forward to giving it a go. I have a bad back and find it uncomfortable to stand for long, so hopefully a steam press will be ideal. If it does turn out to be flimsy it will go back and I'll buy a more substantial one.

Well I also thought I'de give the TSV a go -:sad: - 1st attempt came with a cracked water tank which leaked all over the place so promptly got returned. 2nd attempt started well enough but would only give 2 stream bursts (half a t-shirt worth of work) and then shut steam off for 3 - 6 mins. After half an hour of this, was pretty fed up so left press open while making coffee and waiting for steam again. Fortunately was nowhere near machine when it suddenly started venting clouds of steam all over the place totally independently. After this happened 3 times I phoned and asked QVC to collect it and refund me.

Trouble is, this has now totally converted me to steam presses but Curry's for example do not stock them and I live on an island where things get damaged crossing the Solent. Can anybody recommend the best steam press and how to get hold of one. Checked IW but they do not list any. Tesco can provide a Singer and Argos something else but need recommendations if possible you wonderful shoppers.:cheeky:

I can see a steam press would be good for bedding, towels, other flat objects and possibly trousers, but how do you get into all the little nooks and crannies of clothing. For example, the cuffs on shirts and blouses, shoulders, pleats, etc.

The presses are OK for shirts and blouses but not for any intricate frills or gathers. You can put the small pad over your hand and just rub the garment against the hot plate but it's not really efficient. I have a Polti steam generator iron with my big Polti steam cleaner and use that for the fussy bits and pieces. I have to say though, I prefer the Fast Press for everything else. After half an hour ironing with the Polti I'm a pool of perspiration with a face like a beef tomato! Not an attractive look. With the Fast Press, I can carry on forever without becoming overheated.

Latest posts

Back