Catherine/Steve/Wales..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
Give it a rest for pitys' sake going on and on about Wales, her Steve,his Mum,the beauty of Wales,speaking Welsh.
Gaawwd!!!!:thinking:

Aww bless her, she just loves Wales! At least she's not blathering on about how her father, oops - husband, spoils her like a petulant child or how her Sophie and Daniel are doing at university/qvc! It must be worse listening to people bragging than listening to someone talk about something they genuinely love surely?!

I too generally get irritated when presenters go on about their families but can't help smiling when Catherine talks about hers, even though she's not one of my favourite presenters. I get the impression she was on her own for a long time, bringing up two kids, and is finally happily partnered. I gather other things have happened recently to contribute to this, but am sure part of her weight gain is linked to new-found happiness - years ago I worked in a jewellers and the return rate for upsizing on wedding rings within the first six months after they were sold was massive as people feel newly settled and expand accordingly! Blimey, have made myself feel nauseous with all this soppy stuff :heart:...apols...beats hearing about Mr Boring Jangles though...:dull:

Give it a rest for pitys' sake going on and on about Wales, her Steve,his Mum,the beauty of Wales,speaking Welsh.
Gaawwd!!!!:thinking:

I couldn't agree more. Thhis is one of the reasons - among many others - why I don't watch her hours. What makes her think we would be interested in "my other half" and all goings on in the Huntley life?

Go back to being a dental nurse - no, scrap that, I wouldn't trust her anywhere near my teeth!

She read this evidently and tweeted about being upset by it.

Each to their own, I'm of the never let them see they got to you variety but secretly envy the other side who make sure to let them know they've got to you which is more honest.

There has to be more about him than his Welshness?

The simple solution Caf...stop the Welsh references for a while luv!

Oooh Caf rhymes with Taff* and Daff...doh!..she's got me doing it now!

Jude xx

*no offence intended

What's not to like about her? she's sweet and I'm sure very genuine, as well as being incredibly pretty:sun:

She is doing it again & mentioned at the beginning of the Clogau Gold hour how she goes on about all things Welsh!maybe she has read some comments?but it hasn't stopped her!
Don't mind CH, she is a bit too sweet & gushing for me but not as much toe curling as the 'lovely' Claire.
Steve must be a great guy! ( just mentioned AGAIN!!!)

Oh she's obviously besotted with her bloke and everything associated with him, good luck to her and if she's that happy it's hard to contain it. She does gush a bit it's true but my feeling is she would be a real sweetie irl if you knew her as a friend.

I don't mind Catherine,but I do think it's unprofessional to go on about her personal life the way she does during the Clogau shows.
Whether she has Welsh connections or not ,it's not what she is there to do and in my opinion it's not necessary.
Mention it once and then let it go :wave:

It would be like me boring everone I look after with details about my own labours/deliveries...not what I am there to do and not required!

I love Catherine,have since day one,even when she's annoying I love her.

And she should gush all she wants,enjoy it now girl,coz it will be over before you know it.

Cynical,moi??,lol.

Maybe Catherine should stop reading this forum if she's so sensitive?? And really Ms Chuntley our opinions of you matter not one jot,if this were the case Jill Franks would have been on the unemployment line ages ago.

By the way Catherine,I think you're great and mine is the only opinion that matters.

So keep doing you.

ROTFL :)

I stopped watching the Clogau shows a long time ago because of Chuntley and her endless going on about her so called "connections". This is a real shame because I love Clogau even if i can't afford it but just couldn't stand the neverending Welsh references. As others have said, the endless references to family etc really get on my nerves too. I watch QVC for the goods, not to hear about what family members/other halves/dogs/cats and anything else are doing.

P xx

Last edited:
I'm half Welsh, love Wales, beautiful country stunning beaches and fascinating history, and the best flag in the world!

I don't think this post was about Wales per se but more about presenters going on about things certain individuals don't wish to hear about. Personally I would rather listen to Catherine go on about Wales than some of the tripe some other presenters go on about. I think it's a case of members being attuned to certain presenters and not to others. We can't all like everyone and not everyone can like us - who cares?!! And just for the record, Wales is a pretty good place and I think Catherine is a genuinley lovely person :mysmilie_59:

I love hearing people praising Wales in any context, so carry on, Ms Huntley!!

Hwyl,

Sublime the Taff x

PS I haven't met Steve, but my husband knows him through work and apparently he's a 'great bloke and a really nice guy'.

Catherine is the sweetest presenter on QVC I think. But too much sugar can make you sick. The Lulu Guinness worship is a bit much for me.

Latest posts

Back