Ultrasun spf30 with trienzymes ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

digarth

Registered Shopper
I use ultrasun spf 30 on my face everyday which I do not want to stop using and have purchased the tri enzyme kit inc the serum.Does anyone have any advice in which order I should be using everything.I dont want to use Elemis liquid layer as it does not suit my skin.Many thanks in advance

:hi: Hi Digarth

For daytime I would cleanse with your usual cleanser then use Tri-enzyme wash, tone then apply ultrasun, then leave for approx 15 -20 mins before using day cream, if ultrasun is moisturising enough then leave out day cream.
In the evening, cleanse - Tri wash - tone - serum followed by Tri-enzyme night cream if this is in your kit or your usual night cream.

If you were using a different sunscreen ie not a 'once a day' then I would moisturise first and let that sink in before applying sunscreen.

Hope this helps :)

:flower: :flower:

Hello MsTrouble thanks for the advice will try as you suggest and will leave the serum off in the morning

Hello again!

Just for info, a product like ultrasun needs to be the first product against clean dry skin for it to work and serums are the much the same which is why I wouldn't personally use it over the sunscreen, you get maximum results when it is the first product on your skin hence using it at night.

:sun:

Somebody posted in the reviews on QVC that you shouldn't use any product with an exfoliating effect on top of the Ultrasun. Apparently it works by bonding to your skin so anything like AHAs could interfere with the sun protection. I looked at item 225994 and sorted the reviews by rating from low to high and the review is a four star rating. Maybe it's worth emailing Ultrasun and asking them.

Many thanks for all your help.I will try emailing ultrasun just another thought could I still use my Decleor Arromessence Exellence in the mornings do you think ? sorry about the questions.

You're right Boris Bear, products like Ultrasun and P20 bond with the skin and would not provide adequate skin protection if there was another product creating a barrier.
I wouldn't use Tri-enzyme serum in the daytime at all because of the exfoliating effects. I would also never recommend using any exfoliator (enzyme or mechanical) in the daytime unless it was going to be followed with a good sunscreen. Revealing new skin without protection will age it quicker.

Exfoliators are best used at night before a mask or before something like Decleor Night Balms.

thanks for your help I have also tried to contact Fiona (Decleor) on facebook re arommessence will see if she repiles

Many thanks for all your help.I will try emailing ultrasun just another thought could I still use my Decleor Arromessence Exellence in the mornings do you think ? sorry about the questions.

I would use the 'protection' products in the daytime and keep the 'nourishing/treatment' products for night time. Aromessence Excellence is for regenerating the skin so would use it at night. I know Decleor recommend you using that in the mornings but I've always used them at night as I think they assume you will be using their night balms. If I wasn't going out in the day at all (no need to use sunscreen) then I would use the aromessence in the morning followed by day cream.

When using Ultrasun you really shouldn't create any barriers between it and the skin.

Sorry if I'm I coming across all informative but I've been a therapist for 12 years and sometimes have to stop myself getting carried away writing essays on skincare! :blush:

Many thanks for the tips.I've been using excellance in the morning for quite a while now after my ultrasun as directed by our resident beauty expert and also the lady from ultrasun all this advice is getting quite confusing will try the tri enzyme serum at night as suggested and leave off in the morning .Once again many thanks

I would use the 'protection' products in the daytime and keep the 'nourishing/treatment' products for night time. Aromessence Excellence is for regenerating the skin so would use it at night. I know Decleor recommend you using that in the mornings but I've always used them at night as I think they assume you will be using their night balms. If I wasn't going out in the day at all (no need to use sunscreen) then I would use the aromessence in the morning followed by day cream.

When using Ultrasun you really shouldn't create any barriers between it and the skin.

Sorry if I'm I coming across all informative but I've been a therapist for 12 years and sometimes have to stop myself getting carried away writing essays on skincare! :blush:

I think MsTrouble we should nominate you as the forum's "resident beauty expert" because your post was very informative. It really makes sense to focus on protection for day care and treatment for night. The trouble with QVC's/ AY's advice is that they are tyring to sell you the product on air at the time so there are numerous inconsistencies and confusions amongst what they tell.

So please post with more informative 'essays in future...

I think MsTrouble we should nominate you as the forum's "resident beauty expert" because your post was very informative. It really makes sense to focus on protection for day care and treatment for night. The trouble with QVC's/ AY's advice is that they are tyring to sell you the product on air at the time so there are numerous inconsistencies and confusions amongst what they tell.

So please post with more informative 'essays in future...

Thanks Dr Jude :blush: You've hit the nail on the head. I almost said something in my last post in response to Digarth finding it all confusing but was worried about another essay apperearing!
Once apon a time AY in the early days of QVC actually gave advice in the shows but now its very sales orientated pushing exclusivity and which celebrity is using it. The reason I liked the beauty shows back then was to get advice and try products without being pushed into buying them as some beauty counters do. Now its 'you can pop it under this, that and the other which is not good for the skin, confusing it to the point of it reacting and causing sensitivity.
Each product as it's own active ingredients targeted to work on whatever your concern is. It can't be truly effective if it's having to battle with everything else that's layered on the skin.
No wonder people don't have time to look after their skin if they are faced with multiple products to use day and night and what to put on when. Keep it simple.
It is more noticeable on QVC that the products are being promoted as very multipurpose to get a sale for example a bathing product as a body lotion or a shower cream as a hair wash (Elemis Milk Bath and Exotic shower cream). Products are formulated for their purpose so would not use something that contains a detergent/cleansing agent to moisture myself with after! AY advice is inconsistent and seems to depend on what product she is trying to sell at the time.
Oops, sorry again about another essay! :blush:

If I remember correctly, the Ultrasun anti-aging stuff has mineral oil in it. If that is the case, I would have thought there's little point applying anything over the top of it as it won't be able to sink in.

I use A'kin Rosehip oil, and wasn't sure if I could use it with the anti-ageing SPF30 Ultrasun for face - AY had confused me too!

so I e-mailed Ultrasun and their reply is below, they responded in approx 24 hours so definitely worth contacting them if you need any advice.

the e-mail address I used is [email protected] and they also gave me a contact number which is at the bottom of the mail.

Hi xxxxx

Hope you are well on this lovely sunny day!

Thank you for contacting us, I can confirm the correct steps for you to follow would be to always apply Ultrasun first to clean dry skin, allow 15 mins for it to absorb and then you may follow your daily routine as normal using any cream, lotions or moisturisers with peace of mind.

Hope this helps, if you do have any further issues/concerns please feel free to contact a member of the Ultrasun team on the number below. Many thanks.

Kind regards
Tina Heppell
Ultrasun
01737 245 499

Latest posts

Back