QVC - A Complete Joke!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diva_on_wheelz

Registered Shopper
Hi

As I sit here typing this message, QVC are running a show called 'Prepare The Guest Room'. Prepare the guest room...I ask you!!! Who the hell on low income has a house with a spare guest room, especially during the recession. I've never encountered such middle-class bias in all my life. It really has become a channel so far up its own backside reality goes goes out of the window! Back in the 90's QVC never took itself too seriously and appeared to be a little more down to earth with it's products and marketing style but I'm afraid those days are long gone.

The presenters are an absolute joke! AY screeches like a strangled cat, a voice that is like nails down a blackboard and won't let the guest get a word in edgeways. She just needs to zip that lipglossed mouth of hers once in a while and give us all a break from the garbage she spouts as 'QVC's resident beauty expert'. She doesn't mention that much either does she...er...well...

Plus I'm not for one minute interested in which celebrity is wearing what this season...I couldn't care less!

And I can't stand that "ole leatherface" JF either. Who the hell does she think she is? A good meal down her neck would surely kill her. She's so self-obsessed and emaciated, somebody should remind her that it really isn't a good look y'know! It really gets my goat that these jobbing actors turn to QVC and flog stuff to us mere mortals whilst taking home a massive pay packet and buys themselves properties abroad. I cannot bear the insincerity of it all, the mask and the pretence. JF and JR constantly drone on and on about themselves and the items they own as if we really give a toss. Most people are too busy with their own lives, managing to keep the wolf from the door to be interested in the idle rich at leisure.

Also has JR got stocks and shares in Butler & Wilson or what? Whenever they're on together the two fawn over each other like Hollywood 'A' listers, sickening in the extreme. Who wears that tat anyway, it's gaudy as hell!

Apologies for the mini-rant, I'm a newbie here and just discovered the forum so I thought I'd let rip!

Love Becky (*_*)

PS. Anne Dawson.........why? She looks like Judy Finnegan's older, uglier Scottish sister!

Hi Becky and welcome...I'll put the kettle on now you've got that off your chest :coffee:

Jude x

Oh dear Becky, sounds like you've had a bad day!!

I had a guest room once...until the effects of the tory twits party wrecked the economy!! It's now a mere memory...

*potters off to put down the slug pellets*

(know what ya mean though *wink*)

Hey thanks very much for the warm reception from you guys! I was expecting to be flamed forthwith! :giggle:

Just been scouring the archives and most of what I've said has already been mentioned, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who has 'issues' with QVC.

Another thing, what's the deal with all the bizarrely named/pronounced models and presenters on that channel like Claudia (cloudier) Andrea (and-ray-a) Amica and Bula (eh?)

I personally love Jilly "no earrings please" Halliday when she presents jewellery shows and holds earrings up to her ears to indicate how they might look........priceless! Who gave her that job must've been taking the p*ss!

Love Becky (*_*)

Hi Becky,
hat's off to you. What a great first post. Agree with you totally - you'll be amongst friends here and have a few good laughs along the way.

Hey thanks very much for the warm reception from you guys! I was expecting to be flamed forthwith! :giggle:

Just been scouring the archives and most of what I've said has already been mentioned, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who has 'issues' with QVC.

Another thing, what's the deal with all the bizarrely named/pronounced models and presenters on that channel like Claudia (cloudier) Andrea (and-ray-a) Amica and Bula (eh?)

I personally love Jilly "no earrings please" Halliday when she presents jewellery shows and holds earrings up to her ears to indicate how they might look........priceless! Who gave her that job must've been taking the p*ss!

Love Becky (*_*)

Loving your posts until the bit about names. I would never pronounce Claudia (no r at the end :tongue:) or Andrea any other way unless the alternative specified by the person. Amica is a makey uppy name, I think she may be Deborah and Beulah like Maude or Thelma is just a name you don't hear much of now but used be popular.

*edit* it should be the law to mercilessly pillory sleb parents who give their offspring unbearably silly names.

Last edited:
hi there, loved your post, my "guest" room is my son's old bedroom and it's where I dry my washing on wet cold days so it is well used!! When guests stay or son comes to visit, things get shoved away out of sight, Ihave a quick hoover round and lo, the guest room is prepared!!

In Claudia's defence, Claudia is a German name isn't it? In which case it would be pronounced "Cloudier" if you were German, which her family might be - or she might just prefer the German way.

I've heard Andrea pronounced that way too but only when it's male/not English - e.g. Peter Andrea (Andre is his adopted name).

:hi:diva_on_wheelz , and welcome to ST. I can't wait for your take on IW!

I have gone off the channel recently.............sent all the stuff back I have bought except Laura Geller...........I go through phases of watching and buying loads..............then not watching much. I agree that some of the twittering on puts me off...I turn the sound down. They need to go back to giving us real value for money and real quality...that is slipping IMHO

Hi Becky. I had a friend at school whose name was Andrea, but both her parents were German and pronounced it And-ray-a. I don't know of that particular model (not such an addict as some round here!), but this could be the case.

I believe that Claudia's mother is German hence the pronunciation, same as Claudia Schiffer.

Alison Young first started calling Andrea "An dray a" I remember they both discussed it on a beauty show and Andrea said that she preferred AY's version.

I've just popped my head around our "guestroom" (commomly called the boxroom!) It would take me a week to clear it up:rock:..........oh.....hang on a mo, must go and order some L'Occitane soaps for the "guest bathroom/cloakroom" aka, the cupboard under the stairs with not a "wash-hand basin" in site:rock:

Yes Claudia(ow) and and Andrea(ray) are the "correct" ways but honestly all that matters is that it is said whatever way the person wants. I hate people reassigning me an arbitrary version of my name and have had people tell me that I pronounce my name which they have never heard before incorrectly ie not the way they would.

QVC seem to be like a miniature microsoft, dominate the industry, become lazy and out of touch then hopefully get stung by a hotshot and the sooner the better.

Latest posts

Back