Hair products and the models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Not just Ojon, although the TSV has prompted me to post.

The "before" shots of the models' hair are truly terrible - surely they don't expect us to believe that professional models whose careers rely on their appearance actually have hair like that? (except if caught in a rain shower or just got out of bed ?).

Anyway, I've tried dozens of products over the years and not found one that made any difference, apart from VO5 hot oil - £2 in Boots.

Linda

Totally agree with you. The beofre shots are always badly lit, the models have no make up on and their hair is always plastered down and greasy looking, like they've had baby oil put on it or something. After shots, lovely lighting, models coated in make up and hair plumped and preened. They must think we're daft.

No your sooooo wrong I believe it all!!! just my after shots are like their 'before' & have ordered the TSV!

Not just Ojon, although the TSV has prompted me to post.

The "before" shots of the models' hair are truly terrible - surely they don't expect us to believe that professional models whose careers rely on their appearance actually have hair like that? (except if caught in a rain shower or just got out of bed ?).

Anyway, I've tried dozens of products over the years and not found one that made any difference, apart from VO5 hot oil - £2 in Boots.

Linda

Totally agree. Have been using the VO5 hot oil for years. It's brilliant. Although I like Ojon, have managed to resist TSV. If I'm honest, Pantene is just as good!

I agree! always reckon they're "made down" before they're made up - you would frighten the cat looking like some of them look in the before shots! never tried Ojon, and my daughter gave me some Philip Kingsley that she didn't get on with, but to tell the truth I get just as good results using any old shampoo. that reminds me..whatever's happened to Aveda? I did try some of their stuff but they seem to have disappeared now...

I am watching at the moment and have hair similar in texture to the model with the extremely curly hair that looked v frizzy in the before shot

I know how hard this hair type is to make nice and if I thought for one second that my hair would go from frizz to fab for £23 in 2 minutes I would be first in the queue

To get enough moisture into your hair to stopthe frizz is a nightmare and it would take more than a find spray !!!

The only hair product that I have bought from QVC that I found worth the money was good old Aveda, I used shampure for years, now I alternate between John Frieda frizz-ease and Pantene.

Estee Lauder bought Aveda some years back and pulled it from QVC. They recently also pulled it from Debenhams too and now House of Fraser seems to be the only department store to sell it.

Some sites sell it online but nowhere near the prices QVC used to have.

I love Kevin Murphy's range myself. No silcone as in Pantene and many many other brands out there.

I love Kevin Murphy's range myself. No silcone as in Pantene and many many other brands out there.[/QUOTE]

Donna is Kevin Murphy's range available everywhere - i'm in Scotland. i've never seen the range on my travels - maybe an Irish brand? I'm always interested in researching any hair range - im still looking for the perfect(for me) range. Many Thanks Linda.

yes what happened to Aveda & MOP? although I would'nt buy either from QVC as can get both in shops locally.This must be hitting QVC as so many brands are available (I know many of you will not have access to shopping like I have in Gtr. Manchester)but with stores like John Lewis , Selfridges stocking these brands?
I like Aveda Blue Malva Shampoo & conditioner to keep my silver, well silver!The Aveda person told me it is the conditioner which keeps the colour, not the shampoo.

I love Kevin Murphy's range myself. No silcone as in Pantene and many many other brands out there.

Donna is Kevin Murphy's range available everywhere - i'm in Scotland. i've never seen the range on my travels - maybe an Irish brand? I'm always interested in researching any hair range - im still looking for the perfect(for me) range. Many Thanks Linda.[/QUOTE]

He is an Aussie. I buy from ebay or his site, they usually have deals buy one get one the same free. But a local salon in Belfast did stock his range for a short while and they sold it off at £2 a bottle. I stocked piled.

http://www.kevinmurphystore.com/default.asp?gclid=CNGTuprEs6ECFVMB4wodlFcf_Q

If you have a Costco card check out Kirklands own brand shampoo & conditioner.

People over on MUA say this is Matrix Biolage Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner that has been rebranded.

There are 2 large bottles in a pack with more than 1 litre in each bottle for around £7.00 + VAT.

Thought it might be too 'hydrating' for me - but it was great.

Haven't tried the conditioner-still working through the MOP stockpile.

Aveda Sap Moss was the only shampoo to do my hair any good and they stopped making it ! so I tried Ojon and have to say, it's totally transformed my fine hair. Have ordered the TSV needless to say.

Re Aveda, Hair on the Net still sell it but not the Sapmoss

Pauline x

Can't stand the smell of ojon,it gives me a sick headache, so although I did send for some a few years ago I couldn't bear to try it.
Looking at AY on the show at the moment-who on earth is dressing her these days? She has a dress thing over white trousers, and the trousers are so creased,baggy and wrinkled across the knees-what a mess! She looks so matronly today-she is 'wrinkle phobic' and obsessed about her skin but then ages herself so badly with her hair and lack of dress sense-wouldn't you think, that they would giver her professional advice about her presentation? Or is she just too arrogant to accept advice, I wonder?

Some of the "before" shots do look flat and limp...but they sure as hell look better than some of the"after" shots.
I personally do not want 12" high bouffant totally ridiculous looking hair.There is nothing natural looking about it.
I bet the Tewere Indians would split their sides laughing at some of those creations!

Can't stand the smell of ojon,it gives me a sick headache, so although I did send for some a few years ago I couldn't bear to try it.
Looking at AY on the show at the moment-who on earth is dressing her these days? She has a dress thing over white trousers, and the trousers are so creased,baggy and wrinkled across the knees-what a mess! She looks so matronly today-she is 'wrinkle phobic' and obsessed about her skin but then ages herself so badly with her hair and lack of dress sense-wouldn't you think, that they would giver her professional advice about her presentation? Or is she just too arrogant to accept advice, I wonder?

OMG! Have just seen the show. AY's white trousers look filthy. And why is she presenting a hair show? That haircut is appalling and it looks like she colours it herself. Since joining the forum and reading all your brilliant posts I'm beginning to see through that woman's so-called expert advice.

OMG! Have just seen the show. AY's white trousers look filthy. And why is she presenting a hair show? That haircut is appalling and it looks like she colours it herself. Since joining the forum and reading all your brilliant posts I'm beginning to see through that woman's so-called expert advice.

For the launch show last night her hair looked lovely - it had been styled nicely and looked sleek and smart (until the Ojon boys backcombed it after she was cheeky :happy:) but today, woah mamma - such a scruffy mess, it looked lank and as though she'd not even bothered brushing it. I know each and every one of us has bad hair days, but considering all the products(or prod-ackts as she calls them) she has at her disposal her hair should be coiffed to within an inch of it's life prestigiously and literally every day:tongue:

The trouble I have just seen too many of these type of demos that they have lost
there impact now. My fave has to be Sammy from Miami on IW! Now he is the best
fab OTT camp entertainment.
I cringe when they show the attractive silver haired model on the Ojon shows. She keeps
making me think of turkeys with her terrible scraggy thin neck. I would certainly NOT display my neck to anyone if it looked like that, let alone on TV!!!! What a gutsy lady.

Just caved in and ordered the literally prestigious TSV. Now then! AY was actually very persuasive. But joking aside, Ojon works wonders for my hair. Couldn't resist the large sizes.

Latest posts

Back