Hair products and the models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They try to trick us on the Genie Line Smoother demos too.
BEFORE: model is either frowning or looking slightly downwards, which emphasises eye bags and general sagginess.
AFTER: model has make-up on, and is looking straight at the camera with a completely relaxed/blank expression.

I agree that the hair demos are ridiculous. The before shot shows hair that has either been brushed flat against the head and probably has serum added to make it look greasy, or it has been backcombed to within an inch of its life to make it look frizzy and uncontrollable. I'm amazed that they can get away with such misleading demos. Some of the models (eg Amanda) we see all the time and we KNOW their hair doesn't look anything like the before shot normally.
QVC must think we're completely stupid. But I'm grateful for their attempt at tricking me because it's helped me to FART on the TSV. So nerrr QVC!

I quite agree - in the begining I bought Ojon but the results from the shampoo and conditioner were average and I never got the results implied from their demos. I have had better hair days with Aveda and a Philip B oil from QVC than from an expensive Ojon. If people say their hair is thicker then great but I have not seen those results personally and I too think their demos are misleading as we don't have a qualified hairdresser to style us in the mornings as that is all the demos show.

My problem with these hair product shows, is that they use the same mod-els for every show. Can't help thinking that if these products were so wonderful, then the mod-els would be using it all the time, and would therefore have such wonderful hair, that new mod-els would be required for each show. :thinking:

I have tried just about every haircare range going for my fine, frizzy hair and, until Ojon, nothing has made any noticeable improvement. I actually resisted trying it for a year because I couldn't believe it was any better than anything else. It didn't just help, it has made it "normal", I couldn't bear to be without it now. I will continue to buy it whatever it costs.
However, I agree that the demos and the before and after photos are ludicrous. I would love one of the suppliers to have the courage to show it like it is.

I'm amazed there's not a trading standards issue with some of the before / after shots. I would expect the after to have used only the products being shown with all other circumstances being identical - lighting, make up etc. There is no way that is the case - particularly when the models have had their hair professionally blow dried and styled in between.

It may not be 'intentionally' misleading, as none of us are stupid enough to beleive that we'll look like that from the products alone, but its not genuinely accurate.

Latest posts

Back